• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies; I meant to look through this thread before, but it slipped my mind.

I most likely don't have the time to respond to this right now. I'm sorry if it means keeping things waiting for my own sake, but I'll try to respond to this tomorrow.

Okay. No problem. Thank you for helping out.

So I would like to proposal two more additional stuff by using the very same scans in this thread

•self sustenance type 3 for all demons as this pretty much self explanatory in the scan that talks about demon and their regeneration as it states that they can continue fighting without rest

•low 1C for the demon realm as in dmc3 manga scan the human world which is an entire universe and have it's own space-time continuum was considered to be like a line compared to the demon realm and stated to be infinite in comparison to that line and in the soul scan it was stated that the souls originates and return to a higher dimension (it could either referring to a certain section in the demon realm or the demon realm itself but either way it doesn't matter)

Ant I would like if you could possibly contact Ultima and Elizzha(hope I didn't butcher the name) to see if the evidence for low 1C is good enough

You preferably need to provide some reliable evidence first.

•low 1C for the demon realm as in dmc3 manga scan the human world which is an entire universe and have it's own space-time continuum was considered to be like a line compared to the demon realm and stated to be infinite in comparison to that line and in the soul scan it was stated that the souls originates and return to a higher dimension (it could either referring to a certain section in the demon realm or the demon realm itself but either way it doesn't matter)
We ain't ready for that yet fam. Glass clearly stated to hold this off until the game showed more evidence.

Merely a higher dimension ain't enough anymore, it needs to be something akin to a "exists x number of levels of infinite qualitative superiority higher than the Human World" or some shit, but guessing how far Peak of Combat has gone, it will most likely come into existence sooner or later.

But right now we're only dealing with hax and regen, and nothing else.

Aight no problem

The scan for self sustenance type 3

The scans for low1C demon realm

Just for context the last scan the whole light and darkness are reference to the human and demon realms as the light represents the human world while darkness represents the demon world so basically it's just another names for the realms

Even then as it stands right now, it's sorta vague, cosmology wise. Soul stuff is still fine for me.

Like Glass said, wait it out. Wait for the game to throw out additional info.

Last edited:
We ain't ready for that yet fam. Glass clearly stated to hold this off until the game showed more evidence.

Merely a higher dimension ain't enough anymore, it needs to be something akin to a "exists x number of levels of infinite qualitative superiority higher than the Human World" or some shit, but guessing how far Peak of Combat has gone, it will most likely come into existence sooner or later.

But right now we're only dealing with hax and regen, and nothing else.
iirc glass was more talking about the 9D stuff as a whole as more not trusting that statement thinking it could mean something else and I remember him saying the those evidence could at best make the cosmology up to low 1C so not necessarily he agrees with it but it seems that he doesn't think it's completely impossible to argue for it and the higher dimensions experts okayed it before so I don't know what is it missing

But I'll keep the low1C argument aside for another time and maybe make it's own thread if possible

Last edited:
Merely a higher dimension ain't enough anymore, it needs to be something akin to a "exists x number of levels of infinite qualitative superiority higher than the Human World"
That is correct, yes.

iirc glass was more talking about the 9D stuff as a whole as more not trusting that statement thinking it could mean something else and I remember him saying the those evidence could at best make the cosmology up to low 1C so not necessarily he agrees with it but it seems that he doesn't think it's completely impossible to argue for it and the higher dimensions experts okayed it before so I don't know what is it missing

But I'll keep the low1C argument aside for another time and maybe make it's own thread if possible
Not exactly, I talked with him and he clearly asked to wait a while longer. He's open to accepting it if further evidence arrives, which I'm not exactly doubting.

That is correct, yes.
Ultima said as much, saying that the 9-D souls stuff is hax range only for now (Until more conclusive evidence arises, since the game is not yet complete).

But IDK how that will be affected since DontTalk plans a site-wide revision for removing dimensional stuff from hax as a whole or something, how he would do it however, I cannot say.

Last edited:
So what are the conclusions here so far?
Anyway, if somebody can summarise what we currently need to evaluate and decide here, and which members that support what, particularly among our staff, that would be appreciated.

Anyway, if somebody can summarise what we currently need to evaluate and decide here, and which members that support what, particularly among our staff, that would be appreciated.
Basically...

1. Souls are designated as 9-dimensional objects based on this, so they get Higher Dimensional Existence (Doesn't translate to AP, it only translates to range, as Ultima said)

2. Regeneration upgrades are proposed to be High-Godly based on this statement

3. Fallen Priest has Immortality Type 5 and Existence Erasure based on the details in this scan (Due to not being bound by the concepts of life and death as the scan says). Morning Banshee has Immortality Types 4 and 8 via being linked to their prey (AKA they will keep living so long as their prey lives). Angel of Damnation gets Curse Manipulation, Curse Negation and Healing. Kanigam has Precognition (Only Demon Kings and beings equal to or stronger than them can resist it by being completely out of its league in terms of power, basically the Kanigam's precognition does not work on Demon Kings, or anyone else equal to or stronger than Demon Kings).

Anyone with Sparda Inheritance will resist Existence Erasure and Curse Manipulation, and can negate Immortality Types 4, 5 and 8 due to being able to resist said creature's abilities and being able to kill them as well. High-tier Demons in general that are equal to or stronger than Demon Kings would also resist Precognition.

Last edited:
Okay. Should I send a notification to several of our staff members about that then?

Okay. Should I send a notification to several of our staff members about that then?
Some of the staff members are busy last I checked.

But DarkGrath said she'd look into this tomorrow. I already contacted Ultima and Elizhaa about the new thread and Abstractions as well (Abstractions, Grath and Glassman being one of the three staff members knowledgeable on DMC). And DDM is already watching this thread and active on it.

Maybe after DarkGrath gives her opinion we can contact the other staff members.

Last edited:
Alright, so I haven't taken a look at the entire discussion up to this point (given just how much there has been, I can't really simultaneously evaluate everything that has been said and make a response in a reasonable amount of time).

However, looking through the OP, everything seems quite legitimate. Some of those abilities are usually quite complex and require some form of extrapolation to interpret in a fictional setting, but the sources provided for each of the abilities seems very straightforward.

I don't mean to be casting doubt on anyone here, mind you, but before I give a complete go-ahead with this revision, could I ask who translated each of the sources into English? If all of the sources are legit, I can say I agree with these revisions, but the translations for the sources seem way too bizarrely specific for anyone without knowledge on the wiki to have written them (like "When he encounters an enemy or demon he deems unworthy of his service, he will proceed to wipe them out of existence. Every aspect, including their soul, will be completely reduced to nothingness" being quite possibly one of the most blatant sources of Existence Erasure I've ever seen). Again, I don't want to cast doubt on anyone here, I'd just like someone to validate the translations.

Also, just one small final note for the future, since it seems several people on this thread are a bit confused:

Maybe after DarkGrath gives his opinion we can contact the other staff members.
Grath said he'll give his opinion on this, so better wait for him.
I'm not sure if it's a common misconception, but I am female.

Aight no problem

The scan for self sustenance type 3

The scans for low1C demon realm

Just for context the last scan the whole light and darkness are reference to the human and demon realms as the light represents the human world while darkness represents the demon world so basically it's just another names for the realms

unknown.png

I translated the latter imgur scan using DeepL, which is a pretty reliable translator for multiple languages, and it more or less corroborates with the existing translation for higher dimensional souls

I'm not sure if it's a common misconception, but I am female.
ah, i didn't know that before sorry, any way to answer your questions, we couldn't find a source to translate every statement we have including the EE one so we had to rely on OCR & machine translation( but we did get members to translate the most important statements. the soul statement did get translated by jason smith here and the one for demon regeneration here
make no mistake the machine translations are very accurate. for example there's little to no difference in our translated statements to machine translated ones here's the soul one for example :
deepl translation : The Soul It continues to hide mysteries that neither humans nor demons understand, but that all possess. A fundamental nine-dimensional form that generally originates and returns to a higher dimension beyond the eightfold path. It contains not only the mind and memories, but also all information about the Being and its ancestors since the beginning of time.
human translation : The Soul It continues to hide mysteries that humans and demons don't understand, mysteries but every human has such. A basic nine-dimensional form, generally speaking, it originates from and returns to a higher dimension beyond the Eightfold Path. It not only contains the mind and memory, but also contains all the information of the body and its ancestors since ancient times.
here's the regen one also:
deepl:
Demons
Creatures that have existed since before the creation of the human world, spawned by the primordial chaos that preceded reality and formed by the demon world. All but the weakest demons do not care what they lose, their bodies, their names, their souls or everything, as long as they persist they can regenerate and continue fighting without rest.
human: demons Living beings who already existed before the human world, birthed by the ancient chaos before reality, formed by the world of demons. Aside from the weakest demons, the others do not care about what they have lost, which includes their body, name, soul or everything, as long as they keep persevering, they will be able to regenerate to continue battling, they also do not need to rest.
we could get the other ones translated if need be. but it'll probably take a bit, since there are so many. also
but the translations for the sources seem way too bizarrely specific for anyone without knowledge on the wiki to have written them (like "When he encounters an enemy or demon he deems unworthy of his service, he will proceed to wipe them out of existence. Every aspect, including their soul, will be completely reduced to nothingness"
yeah some of us have a suspicion about the devs being battle boarders but all their statements are like this in terms of being very hyperbolic so we're bound to run into some stupid shit like this : D

Last edited:
So now we have 5 or 6 staff agreeing with the upgrades so is that enough for it to be applied to profiles and call it a day?

ah, i didn't know that before sorry, any way to answer your questions, we couldn't find a source to translate every statement we have including the EE one so we had to rely on OCR & machine translation( but we did get members to translate the most important statements. the soul statement did get translated by jason smith here and the one for demon regeneration here
Seems good to me, then. If all of the sources were reliably translated, then I have no issue with the stuff in the OP.

Seems good to me, then. If all of the sources were reliably translated, then I have no issue with the stuff in the OP.
Yeah it's funny how blatant DMC PoC's statements are. It's almost like a nightmare at this point.

considering how much shit like cultivation fiction is popular in china, im not surprised they'd dabble in wank like this

im practically waiting for the next big xianxia to wade in High 1-A/Tier 0 territory

Wait I thought Ultima and elizhaa have already agreed with 1C stuff
We were talking about souls. Not the other dimensional stuff for cosmology. But yeah, while they did agree to cosmology stuff as well, Glass had concerns with it, and frankly, so did I and Tony, so we halted it until the game showed enough content.

Last edited:
I would like to apologise in advance if I ever forget to refer to DarkGrath as female. I have a bad people memory, including for names, and a bad habit of using "he/him" instead of "they/them" when referring to people that I don't know the gender of online.

Anyway, what has been accepted here by our staff so far?

So far it's just one approval from Grathy. Glass said he will reply the moment he is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back