• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion rule about Naruto X Bleach stuff

you are just continuing to prove my point Kukui. You stonewall over such miniscule and pointless things (like this) andyou just frustrate anyone who actually talks to you, hence turning threads toxic.Guess what? nothing is going to come of this thread and we will have all wasted our time again, to respond to a question that didn't need answering, again.

what sigurd said. this is basic stuff.

With that being said I will peace out of this thread. Time is money and I don't want too spend anymore

Even now, and no offense, you're being a nuisance with your meaningless stonewalling, which you do quite a lot on bleach threads which inevitably turns them into a toxic experience.

Wow,so now Kukui is the sole reason of Bleach CRTs toxicity?That's a new level.I have created one Bleach CRT in my entire life and first 60 replies in that thread were about nothing.Just ppl screaming "It was already discussed", "Debunked", "Blah blah blah" with no one saying anything related to the OP.

Dzhindzholia said:
Wow,so now Kukui is the sole reason of Bleach CRTs toxicity?That's a new level.I have created one Bleach CRT in my entire life and first 60 replies in that thread were about nothing.Just ppl screaming "It was already discussed", "Debunked", "Blah blah blah" with no one saying anything related to the OP.
That harsh man, since the first reply on your crt already somewhat sum up what has been discussed on the previous thread, but continue.

@MachTwo

It didn't sum up anything.I replied to that guy and then nothing happened for 60 replies before he appeared again.Only ppl saying "Close this", "Debunked" and so on.

Let's not discuss the CRT now.

It kinda did, and u didnt replied to all of his point including Yama bankai which I used as a supporting argument in the previous thread, I mean, you kinda brought your crt here first but ok

Let me ask you this then. If someone argued that we should just get rid of and have no laws in general because criminals will obviously still continue to break the law, would you agree with them? If it's a no, then this case is the same

For starters let me address this nonsensical argument. ( Criminal justice major btw so i know a thing or two about the law and why we have them. ) first things first, comparing draconian policy to a online debating website meant to debate over fictional characters is completely asinine. There's a very big difference between real life laws and wiki rules. You could argue that they have a similar basis but the two are completely different and cannot compare the two. Now, let me answer your question with another question, if i were to propose a law that states that arguing with strangers online is now punishable by time behind bars, do you believe such a law would be passed? The answer is obviously gonna be now, as that would be ridiculous, irrational and a complete and total waste of time. this again is making a mountain out of a mole hill while also over making a massive over generalization of two enitre fandoms. The issue isn't the fandoms, the issue stems from the users. I.E, a thread doesn't need to be for Bleach vs Naruto to go to shit, it could be something as simple as a thread regarding mind hax or soul manipulation and then Bleach or Naruto gets brought up. Obviously we aren't going to create a rule which bans even the mentioning of the two franchises in the same thread, that would be extremely hard to manage and it wouldn't succeed. Long story short, your comparison between actual laws and wiki rules is the perfect example of a false Equivalency and cannot compare to each other.

People will of course always break rules, but that doesnt mean we purposely just take a back seat and watch the chips fall where they may. We do everything in our power to prevent the chips from falling through the cracks. Some will get through, while most wont. We wont stop every single person from breaking rules obviously, but as long as we stop as many as possible, that is doing our job. Banning topics again isnt because it's a waste of time, we ban them because we have justified reasoning to ban them. And if the 2 fanbases should try and keep themselves apart, why can't we ban the topic then? What harm comes in doing that when no matter which way you slice it, it will ensure that neither fanbase interacts with the other? Thats what im not understanding.

Again, this is making a massive mountain out of a mole hill. Your attempting to push for a rule that would blow things way out of proportion, waste everyone's time writing it, enforcing it and having to Constantly monitor threads for no reason. Something like this wouldn't even work even if we assumed it was a legitimate reason. So far your arguments for wanting to ban these types of threads haven't been valid as you've been using massive over generalization, an appeal to Extremely and also reaching into the territory of slippery slopes Fallacies. Again, the two fandoms could simply just not interact with one another, there's no point in enforcing a wiki rule over such a minor issue when compared to other issues in the wiki.

Cropfist said:
Fictions can be personal to people too.
If someome takes fiction that personally (to such a degree), they have mental issues.

False. Yes, vs debating does attract people with real mental issues, I know one such example that was so bad we had to ban him because his brother asked us to for his health.

Yes, some people here have legitimate mental issues.

No, "a lot of people" don't have these issues. "A lot of people" just can't fathom the idea of someone having...oh no....a different opinion to them.

"A lot of people" are overly sensitive and see attacking one's argument as attacking one's personal self.

"A lot of people" are narcissistic maniacs that engage in bullying, harassment, or even worse excessive trolling campaigns, doxxing, and threats of violence because people disagree with them.

We ban their kind all the time. Regardless of the topics they were debating. And we'll do it again.

@Sera

All I said was "A lot of people have mental issues". I didn't allude to anything other than that.

We don't know the lives of most users off-site, so we can't be sure if they actually have mental issues themselves; but a lot of people around the world do have mental issues, and that's all I was saying.

Now, if you want to deny that, that's an entirely different discussion that should be held somewhere else.

People do have mental issues. My point was we shouldn't enable them in the context of this thread which is about banning topics and this further strangling discourse because some brats can't behave when very popular verses get involved.

I am not at all fond of "the good have to suffer with the bad". I hated that crap in school.

I went through the last 10 threads about narubleah and it's very rare when it turn into a shitstorm.

they are usually good debates

Certain people who just so coincidentally only pop up and cause issues during threads with this specific topic...

To be fair, this thread is some what turning into a what's basically some of those other Naruto X Bleach debates.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
To be fair, this thread is some what turning into a what's basically some of those other Naruto X Bleach debates.
Case in point. It can be Goku vs Saitama for example, somehow gets turned into Naruto vs Bleach (Huge Exaggeration (Despite it has happened before) by the way).

If a ban is off the table then a no tolerance policy should be enforced. No warnings for Naruto vs Bleach trouble makers.

I like Sera's arguements more.

Im seeing here a lot of people from both Bleach and Naruto agreeing with this. Okay, why dont you all try to be civil instead of asking for a rule because you cant stay civil?

"Please, enforce a rule to forbid X vs Y threads because I cant behave in those threads". That's what Im reading here.

Heavens Feel said:
you are just continuing to prove my point Kukui. You stonewall over such miniscule and pointless things (like this) andyou just frustrate anyone who actually talks to you
Going to respond to this out of the sheer fact that I dont appreciate this and it needing to be said.

Someone attacking my character by saying I "stonewall" shit or make discussions a toxic experience is not miniscule or pointless in the slightest to me. That is offensive. Sorry, but im not going to sit here, see someone say things regarding me (like you just did now and before), and not defend myself. Call it whatever you want, but it it as simple as that. If people get frustrated by how I or other people participate in a discussion, that is not our problem.

People should learn to actually be respectful and mindful of people having different opinions and then maybe we can step forward in the right direction.

PaChi2 said:
Im seeing here a lot of people from both Bleach and Naruto agreeing with this. Okay, why dont you all try to be civil instead of asking for a rule because you cant stay civil?
Simply because its not a vs thread board. In manga bleach/naruto upgrade thread, then someone try to debunk a certain point ppl always call then naru**** or bleacht*** . I'm ok with some restrction, but lets see how much its affect ppl

PaChi2 said:
I like Sera's arguements more.

"Please, enforce a rule to forbid X vs Y threads because I cant behave in those threads". That's what Im reading here.
It's more like "please make a rule so 2 groups that hate each other don't constantly fight"

No rule on earth would prevent people from starting shit like that though. If someone starts shit like that he/she should get banned for a couple days, plain simple, together with those who jump on it like animals with rabies.

I stand with Sera. A topic shoudnt be banned, as this affects more people who do good than people who do bad. Good behaved people will abide by the rule and have a part of their joy taken away from them while bad behaved people give a shit about rules like that.

Clear offences should be bannable temporary. Like i said, a day off to cool down should be given way more often. Repeated offence should be punished more serverly

First Witch said:
Goku vs Superman's banned. Has been for a significiantly long time. And we don't see people acting out because that topic was taken away. Havent since the very first day I came to this site. Whats different about this one when its causing a hell of an amount of issues?

And sure, if we were only dealing with a few people rather than the fanbases in and of themselves, i'd be more inclined to agree with you here.

The difference is scope. Goku vs Super man is the most heated topic across the entirety of Vs debating and is basically the pinacle of Comic fans vs Manga fans. Its a topic debated to death, leading to death for many of the internet denizens sanity and is consistently the pit of all of toxicity.

Nardo vs Clorox on the other hand seems to be a problem that is more local to us. I'm obviously generalizing here, there is surely a good supes vs goku debate out there and other communitys might have such a problem too, but you get my point.

Another thing is that youre comparing a single character vs character rule to a verse vs verse rule. The scope is way bigger.

Again, Kukui. I love that you think about us Staff body and im thankful for that. But shit like that lies in admins and discus authority. It dosnt take much for a admin to scroll over the thread, see clear bad behavior through buzzwords and ban those users for a day or 2. In a moderate 100 post thread this is done in maybe 10 minutes. And like i said, this rule will do more harm then good. Good behaved members will suffer while bad behaved members wont.

Sure, once or twice people are fine. After the tenth time they start to get worried, at the twentieth they get vocal about it. We're at stage two.

"For the moment, Bleach vs Naruto threads, or bringing up any of these verses in discussions pertaining the other one is highly discouraged. If the thread in question becomes toxic, the creator as well as the main offenders will be blamed for this event and the staff will evaluate if any kind of disciplinary meassure should be taken."

Aaaaand, let's settle this.0

@FW

No. That was @Kukui's "Goku vs Superman's banned. Has been for a significiantly long time. And we don't see people acting out because that topic was taken away."

First Witch said:
No rule on earth would prevent people from starting shit like that though. If someone starts shit like that he/she should get banned for a couple days, plain simple, together with those who jump on it like animals with rabies.
I stand with Sera. A topic shoudnt be banned, as this affects more people who do good than people who do bad. Good behaved people will abide by the rule and have a part of their joy taken away from them while bad behaved people give a shit about rules like that.
They can't start shit in the first place if the source of their shit is not allowed to exist.

When was the last time something actually good, fun or productive ever come from one of those threads as opposed to the far more common opposite?

as toxic as they may get a times, naruto vs bleach can lead to some intresting discussions

at the end of the day its a vsbattle no reason to get in ya feelings lol i woudlnt say ban them

Back