• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion rule about Naruto X Bleach stuff

I agree with Sera. But I can't blame the staff if they are tired of having to deal with this problem over and over and over again.

Sera EX said:
@Kukui
Topics have no agency, they can't cause controversy. Threads don't cause controversy, people do. It's manifestably proven that the right people can argue without acting like morons. Most Bleach x Naruto threads are filled with the wrong kind of people anyway.
And I disagree with this. Just because people can discuss a topic without getting heated doesnt mean the topic is objectively a good topic to talk about. There are such things as bad topics, ones that I won't name for obvious reasons.

Not only that, the "right people" within a fanbase is significantly a small minority. In this case, there is next to no one from either Bleach or Naruto's fanbase that can discuss anything without something getting out of control. The problems with these 2 are not just the actions of a few people, its the actions of the fanbases in their entirety.

So unless you want to push for banning dozens of people because they have trouble talking about one specific topic, the topic is just as much responsible as the people discussing it.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
And even if you are correct, you claiming this like its 100% factual is obviously a very bad idea to do as not everyone will agree with you. Some will feel differetly, which causes debates on the topic to come and spiral out of control over who's right and wrong.
i don't make the rules .

here , passive hax that are not resisted pretty much mean a stomp , doesn't matter if you like it or not until the rules change.

that's like being mad that a normal human get stomped by goku breathing a bit too hard or luffy getting mind haxxed by genjutsu : it's how it is .

It's part of the job. It comes with the territory. We have discussion moderators for a reason.

I agree with Assassin and Sera. This is like trying to cure a disease by treating the symptoms, not the cause. Naruto x Bleach threads are not harmful in any way by themselves, instead are the people who behave like animals when others disagree with their opinions on a fictional series. Start giving harsher punishments to people who purposefully / repeatedly derail threads by acting like a spoiled brat who doesn't get things going their way.

Yeah, some topics, like political ones, not freaking "Who Wins".

Sera EX said:
It's part of the job. It comes with the territory. We have discussion moderators for a reason.
And those same moderators do not want to constantly deal with the same issues over and over again either. That needs to be remembered.

We ban people all the time. You are basically saying "they don't want to do their jobs".

Sera EX said:
We ban people all the time. You are basically saying "they don't want to do their jobs".
An entire fanbase worth of people? I highly doubt that.

And staff not wanting to do their jobs is not what we're saying here at all. What we are saying is that staff do not want to focus all of their time and energy in moderating the same topic whenever it grows out of control. They have other things to worry about that are just as or even more important. So it goes both ways.

You're now implying the entire fanbase of a verse is toxic.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Sera EX said:
An entire fanbase worth of people? I highly doubt that.
are you saying you want the whole bleach and naruto fanbase to be banned ? that's harsh Kukui

We staff know what we got into when we agreed to take these positions. Knowing full well the responsibilities they entail. No excuses.

Changing my mind a bit, I'm leaning closer to Sera.

I don't think discussions should be banned because of their members, even after I participate in a few threads about Naruto and Bleach and witness how chaotic it is. I simply advise that those who would like to preserve their mental health simply do not attend and attend, do not stay long (as Mr. Bambu does).

i both agree and disagree with Sera

i agree that no verse vs verse or characthers should be banned outright.

but at the same time , like i said , right now bleach vs naruto are stomps , wich are forbidden .

so i'm neutral i guess ?

Y not jsut make a staff discussion thread. Some staff were in favor for bans while others are not. Obviously just one party isn't gonna solve everything

Yes stomp matches are prohibited. I'm specifically referring to banning topics because of "controversy". There's nothing personal about fiction you know? I'm all for prohibiting allowing characters from religion and also certain political discussions due to controversy but those are personal things, fiction is not.

Sera EX said:
Yes stomp matches are prohibited. I'm specifically referring to banning topics because of "controversy". There's nothing personal about fiction you know? I'm all for prohibiting allowing characters from religion and also certain political discussions due to controversy but those are personal things, fiction is not.
i agree that there is nothing personal about fiction.

i'm personally fine with religious and political stuff as long as it's for fun or memes and not agressive

Naeblis495 said:
are you saying you want the whole bleach and naruto fanbase to be banned ? that's harsh Kukui
I was arguing for the exact opposite......

Anyways, yes Sera I am kind of implying that. Because that's next to exactly what we are dealing with here. The bleach and naruto fanbases on their own are not toxic at all, nothing seriously toxic anyway. But they are toxic when it comes to being compaared with each other. It's like I said before. There is next to not one person on this site from either fanbase that can discuss a bleach/naruto comparison without crap being stirred up. And I have had my fair share of experience with discussing both verses to confidently make this claim.

Yes, Staff have responsibilities when taking their positions to help out on this site. But this is not a [insert verse] vs [insert verse] site. This is a vs site for fiction in general, including having other responsibilities to regulate this site as best as humanly possible. Staff cannot constantly have to deal with 2 specific verses out of countless ones whenever they are having an issue. You are pushing the expectations and standards of a staff members responsibilites beyond what is actually to be expected out of them by arguing otherwise.

The Prince of Counters said:
Just don't make the matches simple as that. There's a reason why you don't see Bleach vs One Piece threads.
If this was the case, then can I ask why is it such a problem with banning the topics then? If not making a matchup is as simple as that, then no one should object to banning them.

Because that's a waste of everyone's time and making a mountain of a dirt pile. Banning matchups between the versus is blowing things way out of proportion and could even be considered childish. It doesn't need to be a written rule, people break rules every time. Hell, matches between God Tiers have been banned but they still get made regardless of the rule. The two fandoms just need to learn to either stay away from each other or squash whatever beef they have. That's how it works in the real world, this shouldn't be any different. I'm also not a fan of labeling any of these fandoms as toxic, they just have different perspectives. Again, a ban would be useless a complete waste of effort and time while blowing things way out of proportion. It's similar to that of two co-workers having issues with each other or me having an issue with my roommate. You either squash it out or avoid each other rather than getting a restraining order. Most of the users are fully grown adults, they should learn from previous mistakes and move on. Simple as that.

No offense Kukui, but with your record you really don't have much of a stand to speak on. Even now, and no offense, you're being a nuisance with your meaningless stonewalling, which you do quite a lot on bleach threads which inevitably turns them into a toxic experience.

bleach and naruto can be compared in other ways than just versus matches aswell.

Stomp matches aren't allowed, so unless the OP wants to restrict abilities to make it fair (albeit unaddable) then they won't/shouldn't be made anyway.

Sera EX said:
Topics have no agency, they can't cause controversy. Threads don't cause controversy, people do. It's manifestably proven that the right people can argue without acting like morons. Most Bleach x Naruto threads are filled with the wrong kind of people anyway.
Even the right people can become toxic depending on the situation. The same people who debate like adults over something completely unrelated can become kids over something that they have great attachment with. Subject matter is also responsible for people's behavior.

I'm neutral here anyway. Either ban Naruto x Bleach temporarily, or the people causing trouble irrespective of whether they are generally well-behaved or not will have to face a ban. Either way strictness is required.

Heavens Feel said:
No offense Kukui, but with your record you really don't have much of a stand to speak on. Even now, and no offense, you're being a nuisance with your meaningless stonewalling, which you do quite a lot on bleach threads which inevitably turns them into a toxic experience.
Dont try and personally flip this onto me making anything toxic when you and I both know that is not true. I am not the one who turns Bleach threads into a toxic experience in the slightest, even if I don't contribute to them in exactly the best way. And no offense myself, you yourself are not exactly in a position to call anyone out on making anything toxic when you yourself are no better. Especially after making this comment on the Aizen regen thread that contributed to stirring up controversey within the thread and most certainly wasn't helpful to keep things civilized at all. I may have my own fair share of mistakes regarding bleach threads, but I don't go around throwing shade or do anything on the level of being disrespectful to cause crap to spiral out of control just because people disagree with me. And I would appreciate it if you stopped pushing this narrative around.

What makes these threads toxic is both sides not being able to respectfully have discussions with people who question or have different opinions about the topic. That is one of the ongoing problems here. Whenever someone from the Bleach side disagrees with someone from the naruto side, or vice versa, neither side can ever present their cases in a civilized manner.

The Prince of Counters said:
Let me ask you this then. If someone argued that we should just get rid of and have no laws in general because criminals will obviously still continue to break the law, would you agree with them? If it's a no, then this case is the same.

People will of course always break rules, but that doesnt mean we purposely just take a back seat and watch the chips fall where they may. We do everything in our power to prevent the chips from falling through the cracks. Some will get through, while most wont. We wont stop every single person from breaking rules obviously, but as long as we stop as many as possible, that is doing our job. Banning topics again isnt because it's a waste of time, we ban them because we have justified reasoning to ban them. And if the 2 fanbases should try and keep themselves apart, why can't we ban the topic then? What harm comes in doing that when no matter which way you slice it, it will ensure that neither fanbase interacts with the other? Thats what im not understanding.

I think this is being blown way out of proportion as if people are threatening each other over the internet in these threads. This isn't the only forum these 2 verses are always arguing. Just ban or warn the users depending on what they actually do like everyone else does.

Back