• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
not mind hax

Dio's mindhax is pretty ******* OOC, from what I remember of the series, and from what I've seen others argue.

Low-Mid nullification

No. Shinobu's low-mid regen null is for biting someone and feeding on them. This drains energy and nulls regen. Her sword inflicts death, which can't be regenerated through without feats.

Dio's mindhax is pretty ******* OOC, from what I remember of the series, and from what I've seen others argue.

every person which he dosen't dislike/hate practically sees them as a servant or a nullity, usually uses mind hax on them, but can also kill them.

No. Shinobu's low-mid regen null is for biting someone and feeding on them. This drains energy and nulls regen. Her sword inflicts death, which can't be regenerated through without feats.

it's death hax, does it bypass immortality?

it's death hax, does it bypass immortality?

Only some types of immortality protect from death hax. Types 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and some type 6. Since Dio's type 6 requires his head to still be alive, it wouldn't work here.

Only some types of immortality protect from death hax. Types 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and some type 6. Since Dio's type 6 requires his head to still be alive, it wouldn't work here.

can i have the link which says that?

can i have the link which says that?
I don't know if we have it written down anywhere, but the immortality page explains the types enough for you to deduce this. Type 1 immortality only stops death from old age. Type 2 protects death from wounds that would normally kill a human, but can be overcome with significant enough wounds. Type 3 is pretty much type 2 except they regenerate the wounds. So that's why they wouldn't protect from death manip.

On the other end, type 4 lets characters resurrect or reincarnate after they die, so they'd still be affected by death manip but would come back. Type 5 characters are unbound by conventional life or death, and so obviously death manipulation wouldn't work. Type 6 characters can abandon bodies to possess others, but depending on their mechanics, if their current body is sufficiently injured they'll still die. Type 7 characters are already dead, death manipulation wouldn't tend to work in those cases (although Kokorowatari works on ghosts, vampires, and the like, so it'd probably do just fine there). Certain type 8 characters are kept alive and are unable to be killed as long as a certain being/object/concept exists, even if they're killed that thing will bring them back, so death manipulation usually wouldn't work. Type 9 characters have a true self that exists independently, death manip on their avatar wouldn't affect the true self, and the true self would be able to send another avatar.

I don't know if we have it written down anywhere, but the immortality page explains the types enough for you to deduce this. Type 1 immortality only stops death from old age. Type 2 protects death from wounds that would normally kill a human, but can be overcome with significant enough wounds. Type 3 is pretty much type 2 except they regenerate the wounds. So that's why they wouldn't protect from death manip.
I'm not sure about type 3 though, usually you die because an important organ no longer works (classic), it could just heal or regenerate it, right?

I don't think that's how most death manip works, and that's definitely not how this death manip works. It's never described as making organs fail or anything like that. It can kill beings possessing bodies without harming the human being possessed.

I don't think that's how most death manip works, and that's definitely not how this death manip works. It's never described as making organs fail or anything like that. It can kill beings possessing bodies without harming the human being possessed.

So before we fall into the NLF, how does this death hax work and what type of death hax is?

So before we fall into the NLF, how does this death hax work and what type of death hax is?

Whenever it so much as scratches an aberration, it kills them. We don't get much more info on that aspect of it than that, but that part is consistently stated.

There aren't "types" of death hax.

Agnaa didn't vote yet.

Someone doesn't need to vote for you to vote for their reasons.

But, fwiw, I'll vote for Shinobu. I think she takes it the majority of the time, but not 100% of the time. Probably around 80-20.

Whenever it so much as scratches an aberration, it kills them. We don't get much more info on that aspect of it than that, but that part is consistently stated.

There aren't "types" of death hax.
so im going to assume it's biological death manipulation.

we have biological death, sould death, concept death etc... writed all in the page.

Someone doesn't need to vote for you to vote for their reasons.

But, fwiw, I'll vote for Shinobu. I think she takes it the majority of the time, but not 100% of the time. Probably around 80-20.
Dio knows about the Shinobu and the sword, he would probably use his best move, the distance is naturally 4km. and they are in Nevada, wait, does the location influence the matchup?

so im going to assume it's biological death manipulation.

we have biological death, sould death, concept death etc... writed all in the page.

Oh, in that case, like I said above, it definitely can't be biological, considering it can kill beings possessing humans without killing the human, and how it can kill invisible supernatural tigers who presumably don't have a normal biology. Hell, it can kill conglomerations of "bad things" that precede aberrations, which definitely wouldn't have a normal biology.

Dio knows about the Shinobu and the sword, he would probably use his best move

And Shinobu knows about Dio, and would probably dodge his best move.

the distance is naturally 4km

No, the distance is naturally the higher between the two, in this case, the range Shinobu can throw swords.

does the location influence the matchup?

I don't think so.

and they are in Nevada, wait, does the location influence the matchup?
I don't think so. Since the fight takes place in MC's Nevada for whatever reason, that means there won't be that many shadows for Shinobu to escape to, since the sun and stars don't exist in Madness Combat.
wait why does the fight take place in here anyways

Oh, in that case, like I said above, it definitely can't be biological, considering it can kill beings possessing humans without killing the human, and how it can kill invisible supernatural tigers who presumably don't have a normal biology. Hell, it can kill conglomerations of "bad things" that precede aberrations, which definitely wouldn't have a normal biology.

ok then

And Shinobu knows about Dio, and would probably dodge his best move.
Dio can do the same, and Dio can also mind hax, but idk if part 1 will do that

No, the distance is naturally the higher between the two, in this case, the range Shinobu can throw swords.

Dio range is some metres, then i will put distance in the op.
I don't think so.
If it does then it's incon

ok then

Reading from the types on the page, I think it's best described as "Others affect their target on a more abstract level, simply causing them to die for no discernible reason".

If it does then it's incon

Why?

I don't think so. Since the fight takes place in MC's Nevada for whatever reason, that means there won't be that many shadows for Shinobu to escape to, since the sun and stars don't exist in Madness Combat.
wait why does the fight take place in here anyways
MC Nevada make you go crazy tho

Why?
I remember MC Nevada making you lose your sanity (even passively) and other things, wait after I take the wog which says that.

Why?
I remember MC Nevada making you lose your sanity (even passively) and other things, wait after I take the wog which says that.
I don't think you're allowed to give a match a location which forces inconclusive.

luckily I did not find that passivations lose your sanity (but i find other things realted, but nothing passive) because it would have been a problem since most of my match ups I had set them in that place

She can also dodge Dio's abilities, with the added maneuverability of hiding in shadows.
Dio may or may not have NPI in this key, and that NPI may or may not extend to shadows.
So take that as you will.

Dio is also weird in how he acts, at least in Part 1, the ****** changes his mood like every other day, he may be serious and try to kill right away, or he may not.
There's like a dozen factors that would effect how he decides to do things. And the same factors could even lead to completely different results.

Dio could opt not to fight and use his minions to attack her if he decides fighting her isn't worth his effort which is something he does surprisingly often (Probably the best case scenario honestly, as it'd likely tip him off to the blade and her abilities, or his minions could just take her out due to quantity as they're like 9-B to 8-C), he could **** around and toy with her (this would **** him over), if for some reason he considers her a big enough threat he'd whip out SRSE or play extremely cautiously, he could let her get a free hit on him to try and lead into flash freeze, or if for some reason Dio takes a liking to her he would try and convert or mind hax.
Also lastly he just decides to throw hands.

The real question is, what would Dio do in response to being faced with a loli that's half his size. Would he even bother? Would he consider it laughable? Would he just say **** it and try to finish things as quickly as possible as to not waste time? Would he decide it isn't worth his time?

If this was Part 3 Dio we'd know how he responds to things with much more accuracy, but obviously that isn't an option.

The real question is, what would Dio do in response to being faced with a loli that's half his size. Would he even bother? Would he consider it laughable? Would he just say **** it and try to finish things as quickly as possible as to not waste time? Would he decide it isn't worth his time?
  • they have knowledge about the opponent
basically, they know everything about the enemy.

That, isn't really fair then? He'd just play keep away and spam SRSE and minions if he knows she has a giga **** you sword that causes instant death upon so much as a small cut.

That, isn't really fair then? He'd just play keep away and spam SRSE and minions if he knows she has a giga **** you sword that causes instant death upon so much as a small cut.
I’m here to replay to you from the (god eyes phantom dragon vs ger)
First off they don’t know how ger works so I explained it second off I dont care about the date you are not king to tell me when I have to reply

I’m here to replay to you from the (god eyes phantom dragon vs ger)
First off they don’t know how ger works so I explained it second off I dont care about the date you are not king to tell me when I have to reply
wtf, man do it on the wall.

why this derailament

Back