• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

koopa3144

He/Him
  • FIght takes place on a populated street at night
  • Venom and Phantom Blood Dio are being used
  • Distance is 20 meters
  • Speed is equalized
  • SBA for anything else
Venom: 0
R.def63057531ba302720a62e54499b70d
Dio Brando: 7
Pin on DIO BRANDO
Incon: 0

Last edited:
So can Venom resist Dio freezing him just by touching him? If not then any attempt at melee combat, which is Venom's bread and butter in most cases, ends in his demise.

So can Venom resist Dio freezing him just by touching him? If not then any attempt at melee combat, which is Venom's bread and butter in most cases, ends in his demise.
Venom has no resistance but his regen might let him recover from Dio's freezing.

The Symbiote might heal from it but Eddie himself will die as he only has Mid Regen unlike Carnage who can heal like his human body and Symbiote the same way.
Fair though Venom could use tendrils and webs from a distance to avoid Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique.

Fair though Venom could use tendrils and webs from a distance to avoid Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique.
That's all well and good, but Venom almost never starts a fight that way so in-character he's gonna either start by sneaking up on him while invisible if he starts out of sight and then getting into melee or he's just gonna rush at Dio guns blazing.

Well, how does dio starts exactly? Is it really with freezing?
Yeah, he uses it in every single exchange after learning it, every time he physically touched or got touched. This obviously includes the start of every fight (Unless you count when he was just a disembodied head).

So
If by any means there's Regeneration here, why would this one do any different from Hamon's Regeneration (that, in fights against Dio wasn't even considered (afaik))? Is it faster? is it higher (than "Regeneration (Mid-Low, can heal a broken neck, broken bones and scars with Hamon)") ? How exactly does it work and why would it do any better against Dio's freezing?

What?

Hamon regeneration doesn't help against Dio's freezing if that's what you mean. Nobody brings it up because it never did anything at all, not withstanding Dio invented freezing to counter Hamon by freezing a Hamon practitioners blood flow to begin with.

Freezing hard counters Hamon basically, the Regen never once helped them deal with Dio.

What?

Hamon regeneration doesn't help against Dio's freezing if that's what you mean. Nobody brings it up because it never did anything at all, not withstanding Dio invented freezing to counter Hamon by freezing a Hamon practitioners blood flow to begin with.

Freezing hard counters Hamon basically, the Regen never once helped them deal with Dio.
that's exactly what i meant.
a nice regen like Hamon's wasn't enough to be thought while fighting him. my question was how would Venom's regen be better than hamon's (both on "how fast/how good" and on "why would he think about doing that") despite, again, a nice regen like hamon's wasn't even cogited, so it'd need to give a ton more benefits to be used....i really hope i could make myself understood...

Dio just disabled their ability to use Hamon by freezing their bodies and therefore their blood flow
fast blood flow could mean increasing the body temperature, which could at least make them freeze on a lower pace
not going to repeat myself that i meant about Venom's regen qualification, lmao.

People went mad cuz I asked how Venom's regen compares to Hamon's and vanished, lmao

Anyway, as I see it, for now I vote Dio.

There wasn't much reasoning beyond "freeze"

although Venom doesn't resist those temperatures according to his profile so Dio probably wins by freezing him and shattering him

Only voting cuz noone answered me so ig his regen goes the same way and nothing else was argued in Venom's favour afaik
Well, the Venom Symbiote's regen is a good bit higher than what Hamon users have and as I said above, Venom could use tendrils and webs from a distance to avoid Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique. He can also make use of the environment to avoid getting hit by Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique by doing things like weaponizing street lamps or throwing things like cars.

Well, the Venom Symbiote's regen is a good bit higher than what Hamon users have and as I said above, Venom could use tendrils and webs from a distance to avoid Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique. He can also make use of the environment to avoid getting hit by Dio's Vaporization Freezing Technique by doing things like weaponizing street lamps or throwing things like cars.
Once again

Dio doesn't neg regen specifically he just disables the ability to use Hamon by stopping what it necessitates (blood flow)

also it was agreed that Venom was likely to just throw hands which would get him frozen

That would only get whatever he hit Dio with frozen. Venom is smart enough to realize something is up and change his strategy accordingly.
Yeah, his arm? And if Dio tries to grab him, which he would, it could even be his whole body. It isnt like Dio himself won't be actively trying to fight him as well.

Yeah, his arm? And if Dio tries to grab him, which he would, it could even be his whole body. It isnt like Dio himself won't be actively trying to fight him as well.
Venom is also likely to go for a strike with an extended tendril for his first attack, and if Dio grabs him he should be able to break out before he gets frozen with his higher LS or by shifting whatever was grabbed out of Dio's grasp.

Dio also isn't dumb, he won't play his hand immediately if it won't actually work. Obviously, he'd wait till he's in cqc to use unless he absolutely must to protect himself.

And besides, Venom goes straight into CQC all the time, he's a brawler. Yeah Venom might use tendrils sometimes, and he'd use it if he knows better, but he doesn't. And if he tries to play range for some unknown reason, that'd just force Dio to use SRSE, which is arguably even worse.

Speaking of CQC, I'm pretty sure venom should hold the advantage when it comes to combat ability. He's able to go toe to toe with the likes of Spider-Man, Kraven the Hunter, and Wolverine.

That's fine, but that doesn't actually help given even if it's HIM doing the hitting, he'd get affected. And not to mention Dio has a handful of abilities that can catch him off guard too like being able to control pieces of himself that have been torn off or eye beams.

Maybe giving Vems some prior knowledge could help or using part 3 DIO who barely uses his vampire abilities

Maybe giving Vems some prior knowledge could help or using part 3 DIO who barely uses his vampire abilities
That might work but I don't wanna give one side too much of an advantage. Also if I use part 3 Dio The World will just stomp Vem due to time stop and the goofy speed equalization rules.

That might work but I don't wanna give one side too much of an advantage. Also if I use part 3 Dio The World will just stomp Vem due to time stop and the goofy speed equalization rules.
Unequalize speed then

HELL NO, DONT DO IT, I didn't think it'd be one sided for dio

Last edited:
Actually, not so much, The World do be faster, but Dio is ALSO MFTL. It isn't like most dudes where it's a ten fucktillion times gap. It'd be like comparing a normal person to a pro boxer in this case, same ballpark.

Actually, not so much, The World do be faster, but Dio is ALSO MFTL. It isn't like most dudes where it's a ten fucktillion times gap. It'd be like comparing a normal person to a pro boxer in this case, same ballpark.
There's still the problem of The World's Time Stop which completely screws Venom over even if I give him prior knowledge.

Back