• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have a few problems with Old Joseph's and (Base) Part 3 Dio's AP and Durability sections.

They almost make it seem like they are just as strong as they were in their prime... Which as we know, it's far from true.

For Joseph, it's both stated and shown that joseph's Hamon is far weaker than it was even in his battle against Straitzo. He even struggles at doing a basic Overdrive and relies on using Hermit Purple to conduct the Ripple. Oh, and he easily got injured when he got hit by the fragments of a chimney that got punched by the World.

As for Dio, he is much weaker than he was in Part 1, both in terms of abilities and AP. While still portrayed as vastly Superhuman, and he has a few feats that support the 8-C rating, such as deflecting one Hierophant Gree's Emeralds with a finger, blocking a few full emeralds Splashes of harming Polnareff, and I guess piercing Joseph with his claws.

So instead of them being "Building level+", Old Joseph should just be "likely Building level", while base part 3 Dio full Building level, as Building level+ is just reserved for characters who are Part 1 Dio level or higher.

For Old Joseph's AP, I suggest this justification:

• "likely Building level (while his Hamon is vastly weaker than it was during his prime, Dio, who had fought against other Hamon users in the past, still considered it as a dangerous threat. His strength should be comparable to his durability)"
For base Part 3 Dio's AP:

• "Building level (Weaker than his Part 1 self because he is using of Jonathan's body. Despite this, he was still shown to be vastly superhuman and was capable of reflecting one of Hierophant Gree's Emeralds with a finger and, was able to badly injure Jean Pierre Polnareff with ease. Pierced Old Joseph Joestar with his fingers)"
For Old Joseph's dura:

• "likely Building level (managed to tank an indirect attack from the World, albeit this injured him)"
For base Part 3 Dio's dura:

• "Building level (should be comparable to his strength, and was able to block multiple Emerald Splashes, though he was consistently stomped by Star Platinum and stabbed by Silver Chariot. Viewed Old Joseph Joestar's Hamon as a considerable threat)"

Why?

Star Platinum and the World scale to stomping the likes of Base Dio, and Star Platinum was still able to keep up with Awakened Dio during the Steamroller scene, as well as break his leg in an occasion. He would still be Building level+.

Also, I just forgot, Dio was easily able to deflect one of Heriophant Green's emeralds with a fighter and to block a few of his Emerald Splashes.

So Building level base part 3 Dio stays without the "likely".

Has the " because of Jonathan's Hamon remaining in his body " confirmed by author statements? I remember having seen a video of a guy saying this, but he was theorizing. The rest of the justification is fine though.

"Weaker than his part 1 self " is already an explanation there is no need to add an additional justification especially if the justification is headcanon.

Headcanon or not, Dio openly stated that he was weaker because of Jonathan's body.

Have you asked any of the knowledgeable staff members?

Because their stats are inaccurate, what can I say?

And because Old Joseph was wanked by who made his profile, who assumed him to be actually comparable to his Battle Tendency self.

Look, unless you ask the staff members knowledgeable about Jojo, nothing is most likely going to happen.

The God Of Procrastination said:
His part 4 self is able to take hits from Josuke, so he's no weaker than that.
1) Josuke isn't 8-C

2) Josuke wasn't trying to hurt him in the first place. that scene was just for laughs.

@Ant

Fine, I will.

Aside from the grammar of the explanations, which sorta makes me cringe, this seems okay.

Starter Pack said:
Aside from the grammar of the explanations, which sorta makes me cringe, this seems okay.
Few people have roasted me this badly

I don't see how Old Joseph would scale, Hamon ignores durability and would gradually consume DIO's body, on top of being his weakness.

Hamon does ignore durability, yes, but it needs to be potent enough to damage a vampire.

No? It would just stick to his body and gradually consume it over unknown periods of time.

The only thing that I could consider impressive then, it would be him sort of tanking Mariah's magnetism.

Back