• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA Phantom Blood Upgrade

Honestly It doesn’t make much sense that phantom blood characters’s speed doesn’t scale to part 2-3 characters’s speed
As Jonathan Joestar a Hamon user and ancestor to Joseph who fought Dio should scale to Part 3 Dio’s speed

as part 3 Dio and part 1 Dio are the same person only difference is that he has Jonathan’s body which was canonically rejecting him why is Jonathan not scaled to him when Dio in a body working against him was capable of keeping up with FTL stands?

Last edited:
DIO's MFTL speed only came after he had gotten his stand.

Also I don't see how Jonathan being a hamon user and ancestor to Joseph should make him scale?

DIO's MFTL speed only came after he had gotten his stand.

Also I don't see how Jonathan being a hamon user and ancestor to Joseph should make him scale?
Part 2 Joseph who doesn’t have a stand was capable of relativistic feats and last I checked hermit purple doesn’t have FTL stand stat speed

why wouldn’t Jonathan not scale to Joseph?

That isn't how it works.

Being an ancestor means nothing, Lisa Lisa is Joseph's ancestor (his mother) and she scales above him.
Inversely, Joseph is way beyond Part 1 it isn't even funny. Only thing Jonathan has over him is natural strength. Or hell, Jotaro > Jolyne, Joseph > Josuke, etc. Being related means nothing.

Part 3 back scaling is fucky because Dio's capabilities (power, speed, etc) grow with how much life energy he gains, and he was chugging people in part 3 trying to fix his immortality (and he kinda succeeded, albeit on his right only).

Scaling part 1 to 3 via Dio (the only way that'd work btw, Joseph doesn't scale to Jonathan at all and vice versa), is complicated.

That isn't to say I even disagree, I do think Jonathan post deep pass and Dio (peak part 1) should be comparable to part 3 Shadow DIO (only them, they actively nothin personal everything else), but just because I think that, doesn't mean it's actually provable. At least, it sure ain't being passed with the info presented here (which is to say nothing).
Part 2 Joseph who doesn’t have a stand was capable of relativistic feats
Post Training did that, aka > Jonathan.
Scaling Joseph to Jonathan will never work, all Joseph's good shit comes after a point Jonathan can't scale to him and the only time he could scale to him, Jonathan himself has better feats to begin with.
As I said, the only way is through DIO, and you need concrete proof of that. Which might exist tbh, but I ain't going through that right now and you didn't post said proof anyway.

That isn't how it works.

Being an ancestor means nothing, Lisa Lisa is Joseph's ancestor (his mother) and she scales above him.
Inversely, Joseph is way beyond Part 1 it isn't even funny. Only thing Jonathan has over him is natural strength. Or hell, Jotaro > Jolyne, Joseph > Josuke, etc. Being related means nothing.

Part 3 back scaling is fucky because Dio's capabilities (power, speed, etc) grow with how much life energy he gains, and he was chugging people in part 3 trying to fix his immortality (and he kinda succeeded, albeit on his right only).

Scaling part 1 to 3 via Dio (the only way that'd work btw, Joseph doesn't scale to Jonathan at all and vice versa), is complicated.

That isn't to say I even disagree, I do think Jonathan post deep pass and Dio (peak part 1) should be comparable to part 3 Shadow DIO (only them, they actively nothin personal everything else), but just because I think that, doesn't mean it's actually provable. At least, it sure ain't being passed with the info presented here (which is to say nothing).

Post Training did that, aka > Jonathan.
Scaling Joseph to Jonathan will never work, all Joseph's good shit comes after a point Jonathan can't scale to him and the only time he could scale to him, Jonathan himself has better feats to begin with.
As I said, the only way is through DIO, and you need concrete proof of that. Which might exist tbh, but I ain't going through that right now and you didn't post said proof anyway.
What proof do I need?

Wasn't part 3 Dio's body inferior to part 1 dio?
Ambiguous.
His left side's healing factor and his immortality are claimed to be not back to normal (Though that kinda indirectly confirms his right side is back to normal...)

Dio Casually deflects the emerald splash without his stand

Yes so? Now prove the few thousand women he drank didn't increase his stats.
His Regen is the only thing he actually states isn't up back to normal (and only on his left side at that, meaning the rest of his was back to normal. He then clarified it's why he isn't going to fight Joseph and friends because he's not truly immortal at the moment, not because he's weaker).
It's ambiguous, he could be weaker, he could not be weaker.

Also Emerald Splash isn't MFTL.

His Regen is the only thing he actually states isn't up back to normal (and only on his left side at that, meaning the rest of his was back to normal. He then clarified it's why he isn't going to fight Joseph and friends because he's not truly immortal at the moment, not because he's weaker).

alright Chariot I have the argument you cannot deny

Death Battle said it in fact Wizard said it and Wiz death battle would never lie

Kakyoin was able to fight An early Jotaro though?

Kakyoin was able to fight An early Jotaro though?
Early Jotaro
Issue 1, literally that.

Issue 2 is that Jotaro and plat only got tagged when point blank, off guard (maybe not the right word, he noticed it, but he didn't really know to block or what was happening) and barely knew how this shit worked.
They immediately turned around deflected it with a shit eating grin with zero issue.

And case and point, Dio. Dio is slower than MFTL Plat, yet even Dio casually statues it. I don't think I have to explain the issue there.
Not to mention the dozen anti feats HG has, the least of which is it being flat out stated not as fast as high end stands.

He didn’t blitz the **** outa him tho?And managed to land a emerald splash before jotaro grabbed him?
He landed an Emerald Splash after he got grabbed..
That's half the reason it landed, HG used it while plat had him by the skull dangling in front of his chest.

Best part is, Jotaro noticed it and told him to cut it the **** out.

Issue 1, literally that.

Issue 2 is that Jotaro and plat only got tagged when point blank, off guard, and barely knew how this shit worked.
They immediately turned around deflected it with a shit eating grin with zero issue.

And case and point, Dio. Dio is slower than MFTL Plat, yet even Dio casually statues it. I don't think I have to explain the issue there.
Not to mention the dozen anti feats HG has, the least of which is it being flat out stated not as fast as high end stands.
Wasn’t SP unable to catch Tower Of Grey but HG could?

Wasn’t SP unable to catch Tower Of Grey but HG could?
Not even remotely.
HG had to blindsided him, by taking him from surprise from all directions, and he did so by having him dodge all his splashes, because it was so fast it had zero issue casually dancing around the danmaku. Like, yeah, he tagged him, but not really a speed thing.

And while TOG is initially faster than Star Platinum, he surpasses TOG shortly thereafter, he's only slower early on. Star Platinum's power, speed and more all increase constantly after every battle (capping shortly after DIO), he eventually hits a point he's the fastest stand on the planet (sometime mid part, bar TW and Anubis).
Which is kind of why even ignoring how HG is stated slower, shown slower a bunch of times, and a billion other reasons, even if he did scale to early Plat, it wouldn't even matter.

Not even remotely.
HG had to blindsided him, by taking him from surprise from all directions, and he did so by having him dodge all his splashes, because it was so fast it had zero issue casually dancing around the danmaku. Like, yeah, he tagged him, but not really a speed thing.

And while TOG is initially faster than Star Platinum, he surpasses TOG shortly thereafter, he's only slower early on. Star Platinum's power, speed and more all increase constantly after every battle (capping shortly after DIO), he eventually hits a point he's the fastest stand on the planet (sometime mid part, bar TW and Anubis).
Which is kind of why even ignoring how HG is stated slower, shown slower a bunch of times, and a billion other reasons, even if he did scale to early Plat, it wouldn't even matter.
Still Dio spent a century under the ocean with zero sustenance and Jonathan’s body and you’re telling me he physically gotten stronger and faster than he was before?Nah that doesn’t make sense

Still Dio spent a century under the ocean with zero sustenance and Jonathan’s body and you’re telling me he physically gotten stronger and faster than he was before?Nah that doesn’t make sense
Not when he first gets up, obviously not, he's almost dead.
But by the end of the part? After he's eaten literally thousands of women?
Idk maybe. It's explicitly stated how a vampire like Dio can increase their stats by taking the life energy of others (which is contained in the blood, hence why they drink it), doing so amplifies power, speed and more. Even in Part 1 Dio's power is flat out stated to have multiplied several times in just two weeks from a weakened point.
As said I'll look into it when I get home, I'm currently at a hospital ATM so sorry if my responses kinda half assed..I'll check shit out as soon as I'm able.

Back