• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you referring to Fusion or Jogress?

I'm referring to Digimon in general. I new some could fuse but I was wondering if it's because they were compatible or not.

Well, since the subject was mentioned I will give an explanation.

Generally when two or more Digimon fuse this is known as Fusson (Gattai). Originally the specific term was "Jogress" (Joint + Progress) after a while there was a small modification in the concepts to give more specific meanings.

If two or more Digimon merge and the result is of a higher level than the previous one, then this fusion is determined by the Jogress.

If the above situation does not occur then the process is called Fusion only (Gattai).

There are still other methods of fusion with different terms, such as DigiXros and more direct absorptions. However, there is still no more direct explanation of this concept besides being a legendary ancient power.

Anyway the conventional method of Fusion is also called Digifusion and one of the differences of DigiXros is that Digifusion can be permanent. There is also what is called Jogress Up where the data of some Digimon is given to another Digimon, similar to a basic method of absorption that strengthens a Digimon, increases its power and guarantees the abilities of the absorbed Digimon.

At least in some way, yes. In the case of a fusion like a evolution or simply change of form, I think that we can assume that it's uses the same laws as Evolution.

Well, I think I might as well ask a question. Are you guys enjoying the answers? Do you think the explanation is bad or good? Any faults? If so, can you tell me what it is?

In a few weeks I'll start doing Digimon blogs (I'm waiting for the Lost Evolution series to end) and I'd like to know how I could improve, and those answers can help me in the way I do the blogs.

Yeah, I'm with Dragon (both of them). Your explanations are top notch.

Side note but whats higher on the hierarchy, a Dragon Master or a Dragon Emperor?

Examon is quite interesting. His information indicates the wings aren't an inherent part of his body, but rather a piece of equipment akin to the lance he carries. Judging by his design without the wings and lance, he bears slight resemblance to Veedramon and related Digimon. His appearance almost suggests that a red Veedramon trained to reach a higher level of strength and was awarded that equipment by someone above him, similarly to Leomon X being given the red mantle by a Gallantmon.

Even though it's likely not true, stuff like this can be fun to think about.

I wouldn't be surprised if Examon did have some connection to ancient species given his sheer size and strength being somewhat uncharacteristic in modern Digimon, but it would likely be a loose connection if any existed. Being the Dragon Emperor might also suggest some sort of incredible training over a long period of time but I suppose it could also be power he was born with. I wish there was a bit more lore about the Royal Knights, but knowing Digimon that information might exist and just be tucked away somewhere that hasn't been found yet.

Edit: The other thing about Examon that always puzzled me is his position in the Royal Knights. He's one of the least knightly of the group and doesn't appear in much of the Digimon media I've consumed over the years, so I personally know much less about him than most other members.

I like to think about stuff like this, but I usually overthink it and end up way off the mark with my conclusion. As for Examon, his size being too large initially to be rendered means it's presence went unnoticed by human researchers during the earlier years of the Digital World's discovery, which is why I thought about the possible connection to ancient species. Him looking similar to Veedramon happened to coincide with that idea which is why I brought it up when I noticed that someone else had mentioned him.

I suppose it could be. There's probably a lot of stuff about the franchise I haven't even heard of, so it's definitely possible that there's Examon lore I haven't read or seen. I doubt this theory in particular mainly because that seems like something that would've been included in a databook entry, which would likely be referenced on the profile somewhere.

Edit: Now that I think about it I could be wrong, Gankoomon might be the least knightly member. Examon at least has a lance which is associated with knights, whereas Gankoommon doesn't seem to have any design elements or traits that indicate knighthood. Unless I'm missing something. His profile even states he acts the least like other members, getting involved in events far more often and of his own volition.

Looking at his profile on Wikimon it seems his game debut was Lost Evolution, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some info on him in there. Could also just be that they haven't released as much for Examon.

Edit: I haven't exactly been in the loop for a while, so a lot of stuff I don't know anything about has been introduced. I didn't know anything about the Cyber Sleuth cast and story until coming to this wiki in the first place.

I like how all the royal knights are pretty humanoid, like one has 8 legs but still pretty humanoid but then there's just a giant red dragon with a lance lol.

Yeah, that was my initial reason for saying he was the member least like a knight. I realised later that his lance and wings were likely his weapon and armour/shield, so him being considered a knight wasn't too farfetched. It also fits somewhat with the SGDL, where most members are humanoid until Leviamon.

Edit: Minor fix in the previous paragraph

Also, do we have pages for the ZERO ARMS here? I imagine they'd fit in the verse page under the Digital Lifeforms section and they seem relatively powerful and important to their respective users.

ZERO-ARMS: Orochi i.e Susanoomon's sword.

ZERO-ARMS: Grani i.e Gallantmon's ally.

Then there are the Legend-Arms and ULTIMATE-BATTLE weapons.

I plan on making those actually.

Alphamon's Ouryuken is one of the ULTIMATE-BATTLE weapons being the Ultimate-Battle-Blade Ouryuken.

Not yet. The only Royal Knights who lack an X-Antibody form are;

Alphamon: He is already a natural X-Antibody Holder so he won't get one.

Examon and Gankoomon.

It is highly likely they'll get one in the near future. Although you can argue whether Examon needs one with how powerful he is already lol.

I will never forget that despite Examon being covered in Eaters and basically having Digi-Cancer....it still took multiple Knights to simple detain him.

He is the one who stands atop all Dragon Digimon after all. Makes me wonder if there are Emperors of the other digimon types. TyrantKabuterimon is the Bug equivalent.

Actually Ex, I do want to discuss one thing that we talked about briefly. And that is how the Hellfire of the Dark Area works. Because, I can see people thinking El Evangelo and the flames of the Dark Area are two different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back