• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I can picture the people in charge being tired of Omegamon designs. We have the base form, Alters S and B, Zwart, Zwart D, Merciful Mode, Omegamon X, and even Chaosmon bears some resemblance to Omegamon. I remember one more, that looks like it's wearing paper armour coloured with crayons, but I can't quite remember it's name.

kenji watanabe said the anime staff commissioned him to make merciful mode and he turned it down saying there were too many omnimons.

and then he decided to make it anyway.

another fun fact: he originally designed it as omnimon, except gold. this was rejected.

the other one you mentioned is omekamon

Fun Fact:

In Digimon Collectors after Darcmon corrupts Seraphimon to fall and become Black Seraphimon, Omekamon appeared to give a scold at Darcmon and make him promise never to commit bullying again.

Soon after that Darcmon begins to call friends to make a prank in the Four Holy Beast 0v0

I wonder if the whole "falling to the dark side thing" is something the Three Great Angels inherited from Lucemon along with his power.

Maybe a tendency to this. Ofanimon became Falldown Mode once because of Gran Dracumon, and Seraphimon became Black Seraphimon because of Dracumon (And Cherubimon is something we all know what happened).

I believe that the only Great Angel who will remain as she has always been is Mastemon, because she already contains both the power of light and of darkness.

It's kind of interesting that the Great Angel with the lowest likelihood of going crazy is the one who bears the greatest resemblance to Lucemon Falldown Mode. It's also fun to think that in the world of Digimon, the idea of an absolutely good or evil being is usually portrayed as bad in itself. Similar to few Demon Lords in the recent titles actually being absolutely evil, with most of them being relatively apathetic or calm with no real desire to attack or destroy anything, and how Digimon who adhere strictly to principles like justice and peace are usually the ones who lose their minds. Like Junomon going crazy due to jealousy and Ophanimon locking away her emotions due to anger and turning into Ophanimon Falldown Mode.

Nowdays,it could be. Mastemon, Raguelmon and Rasielmon should be at the same rank as the Seraphimon, Ofanimon amd Cherubimon that we already know.

He never said they had anything to do with one another. Only thing he said is that they should be around the same age as the TGA.

Also, I am pretty sure Mastema is more than a "generic" angel.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
He never said they had anything todo with one another. Only thing he said is that they should be around the same age as the TGA.
Also, I am pretty sure Mastema is more than a "generic" angel.
Actually the spelling checker of my cell phone ended up changing what I wrote 0v0

And I really doubt that Mastemon is just a "Generic Angel", this would completely contradict all the angel lore that has been established since the beginning TGA Advent. The rank of the angels is defined first by their wings, Mastemon has 12 wings. Far above the Angels (2 ~ 4), Archangels (8) and even the other Great Angels (10 wings). Someone who has the same number of wings as Lucemon certainly does not have the same rank as ordinary angels who have only 2 ~ 4 wings.

Wouldn't this put Mastemon above even the TGA in terms of rank? I actually never counted her wings...

I actually meant her typing.

she has the "angel" typing, like lucemon. so she's just a "normal" angel.

powerful ,sure. still just "angel".

Yeah I always assumed that number of wings more or less equaled their rank in the angel hierarchy. Though Mastemon is hard to clarify exactly due to the other world stuff, I still figured it was enough to be classified a great angel since I mistakenly remembered it as a generic title for higher ranking angel Digimon, and forgot it referred specifically to the TGA. Then again, she only has 6 angel wings so perhaps that's a sign she's not that high up anyway and is considered special more due to holding equal power and influence among fallen angels? And I guess that would mess up the ranking when it comes to holy beasts, as they don't always have wings like the human angel Digimon usually do. I also can't remember where I read that, so it could be something I thought of on my own when I was younger

And taking another look at it, there are a lot of angel digimon that have a tendency to become fallen, even doing so of their own will like with Murmukusmon in Digimon Next, though he also reverted to his angel form upon being defeated so maybe it's just as easy for fallen angels to regain their previous forms? If that is the case, I wonder if there are realities in which any of the Demon Lords have returned to being angels? Or does their natural state as universal constants exclude them from that possibility? I'd be interested to see what holy beasts Leviamon or Belphemon were.

Similar to how Demon is a completely fallen and deleted Seraphimon, I guess that makes sense. Leviamon is still completely uncertain though. I personally don't know any holy beasts that seem similar to him at all. Granted I'm definitely not aware of every single holy beast Digimon so there could be one I just haven't seen.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I would theorize that Belphemon is an even more currupted Cherubimon for me.
I don't know why, but when I was 12 years old I thought that Barbamon was the perfect corrupted form of Cherubimon 0v0

Okay guys, choose a name for the new Digimon blog 0v0

• Digimon Cosmology: A Conceptual Lore;
  • Digimon Cosmology: The World Shaped by Minds;
  • Digimon Cosmology: Souls and Ideas.
Well, the new Digimon blog will start to be written and will focus on explaining more about the lore of the franchise on the interpretation of Digital World that was used in Adventure and nowadays was used in Xros Wars, Cyber Sleuth and will be used in Survive. The beginning of the blog will have a small explanation about multiple lores within the franchise.

And now something I would like to ask are questions on the subject, I think it would be interesting if questions are sent here to be answered within the explanations of the blog, which may help to give a direction for how the blog will be written.

Of course, this is not yet to talk about the Hierarchy of Worlds (which would lead to explaining Tier 2 level and higher) or powerscalling in general. This is more to explain the general Haxes of the Digimon and some themes like Conceptual Manipulation, Nothingness, Darkness and other themes like that.

We would be better off doing a Composite WarGreymon...which we technically already do.

Y'know...it just hit me.....How should we treat Kid Lucemon in the future. While he isn't in Falldown Mode, do we still consider him bound by the sin of Pride or not? Tis odd as in a lot of media, Lucemon can freely go between forms.

Small question about the scaling of Digimon, How long/high is the High 2-A scaling chain? I know the 2-A chain is insane, but I dont know much about the chain for High 2-A

Considering from what I understand, the 2-A's are likely becoming High 2-A, the chain would just transfer to High 2-A. I may be wrong though.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Y'know...it just hit me.....How should we treat Kid Lucemon in the future. While he isn't in Falldown Mode, do we still consider him bound by the sin of Pride or not? Tis odd as in a lot of media, Lucemon can freely go between forms.
Normally changing to stronger forms is disabled in Vs. threads to avoid stomps (unless it´s a leading move or stuff like that), so likely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back