• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this information is hidden within a storyline that accompanied the story of Digimon Frontier in the format of the Digimon Card Game (The Digimon Card Game is in fact one of the main Digimon media and many details of the characters is only revealed inside the Card Game as a reason to encourage the purchase of the product).

It is explained in the Storyline of the Three Great Angels that the system itself (Yggdrasil) gave birth to the greatest of all angels, Lucemon (It is specifically said that Lucemon is the child of God). The other Great Angels are actually beings who have received aspects of Yggdrasil to coordinate the God Army alongside the Royal Knights in the fight against the Fallen Angels and others Virus Digimon.

Uh, neat.

Well I guess "wait what? Really?" was my question for the thread ovo

This also means that all the SGDL were once high ranking Angel Digimon before getting banished. Meaning they are all also Fallen Angel Digimon.

We know who Lilithmon (Ophanimon), Daemon (Jobbermon/Seraphimon) and Lucemon (Himself) were and I have a theory to who Barbamon was. (Dominimon)

The real cal howard said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
So who were the leaders of the enemy digimon before any Fallen Angel digimon existed?
This is purely headcanon but Zeed would make the most sense.
i mean, Mille is not farfetched seeing as this is the one responsible for creating Apocalymo iirc. Of course a new big villain I see appearing more is BlackbeardPennywiseDraculamo consider how he wants to basically override the SGDL.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This also means that all the SGDL were once high ranking Angel Digimon before getting banished. Meaning they are all also Fallen Angel Digimon.

We know who Lilithmon (Ophanimon), Daemon (Jobbermo/Seraphimon) and Lucemon (Himself) were and I have a theory to who Barbamon was. (Dominimon)
Sad but true. Seriously though how in the world did Demon become the second strongest of the SGDLs if he was originally a jobber?

Because, being erased in Digimon makes you badass. Look at Lilithmon, after being erased, she got the ability to sigh people to death. ovo

Peter1129 said:
Being erased in Digimon is definitely more of a reward rather than a punishment ovo
Yeah, you get your own castle to. That's one hell of a punishment.

Well, I'm continuing the blog of the history of the Digimon franchise. It is almost finished, in the historical part currently only missing Next 0rder, Hackers Memory, Appmon and the new V-Pets. After that you will have a short text of what you can expect of the new products of Digimon and finally a text where I comment a little about the development of Digimon as a whole so that it is simple to apply here.

Well, at the moment there are only two parts of the text for me to finish and thus start the new blog and with that the revisions. Well, as I will only continue the blog tomorrow I will leave the translation of a text here because I have no other place to save it 0v0

This is from Hackers Memory interview for Famitsu

---In the previous work there was a subquest involving the Cyberspace World and the occult, it was surprising.

Habu: What originally is the existence of a Digimon itself? They had existed since ancient times,and their existence with a deeper meaning had become recognizable to people by being embodied in digital devices and thus could be visible, based on the idea that people define "This is what they are" for that they can understand with current knowledge as Digimon or a mysterious phenomenon, so Cyber Sleuth has its world view drawn on the work. But the perception and definition can change depending on the point of view of each person just like things that seemed to be enemies can change at a certain moment. This is because the idea is based on the principle that the perception of Digimon differs for each character in the work. The recognition and definition of "Digimon" changes because of people's growth and thus a Sci-fi story of how the world changes can be written.

In fact I do not try to get in too close to the Digimon Fandom because of the bad experiences I've had. Here at VsBattle is one of the only places I talk openly about Digimon.

Apparently he dislikes the way it´s handled there, or so I´ve heard him comment

No offense to anyone who edits there, but the wiki is a huge mess. Their CSS for ToC control makes it harder to browse than it should be and the way they handle character articles makes pages unreasonably hard to read (list every character on a single article? Why...).

Wikimon tends to be better but both sites are really low in content. I would edit there, but i've had far to many negative experiences with their admins (most of whom also edits in Wikimon) to really bother.

Like Executor, I also tend to not really go near the Digimon fandom anymore after to many bad experiences. VsBattles is the only forum where I consistently talk about it.

Their format is based off tfwiki, presumably because I've noticed one of their admins is a huge fan of Transformers (I remember seeing him on Wikipedia, in a edit war about Transformers fansites being reliable info or not).

I think the format fits Digimon better than the Bulbapedia format, since Digimon has a ton of alternate continuities, while Pokemon has three notable ones with a few small ones. But the format tries to have its cake and eat it too, since the "Fiction" headers tend to link to a paragraph on another article, rather than simply having the paragraph on the main article. Makes it a nightmare.

I guess it's best to summarize some current tier changes for those who haven't talked to me or Ex directly.

God Tiers: At least Low 1-C -> At least 1-C

Top Tiers: At least 2-A -> High 2-A or maybe even Low 1-C depending on how the info is evaluated. Take it with a grain of salt for now.

High Tier(Singular): Low 2-C -> Low 2-C or higher

High-Mid Tiers: 3-C -> 3-C

Mid Tiers: 4-B -> High 4-C

Low-Mid Tiers: 6-B -> 6-B

High-Low Tiers: 6-C -> 6-C

Mid-Low Tiers: High 8-C -> High 8-C

Low Tiers: 9-B -> 9-B

So... I have a few

How high are Mega Stage Forms? I've seen some in 2-A such as Dukemon, but he's part of an Elite Group that's particularly powerful so I'm guessing the likes of him are exceptions?

How strong is Apokarimon?

Does the Digimon franchise have an overall main villiain?

I know Lucemon was the Final Boss in frontier, but where does his insane tiering and hax come from? Other appearances?

Where is ZeedMilleniunmon from?

Most Megas are 3-C in general. However, there are exceptions such as the Royal Knights, Seven Great Demon Lords and such.

Apocalymon as of now is 2-A.

Not really. Just a bunch of main villains.

The Lucemon we see in Frontier is merely one of the infinite avatars of the True Lucemon would is a multiversal constant of the entire Digital World. Most of his stuff comes from multiple appearances. His tiering comes directly from all the lore and such behind him as Lucemon is one of the most expanded Digimon characters lore-wise. Here's the respect thread. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Executor_N0/Digimon_Franchise:_Lucemon_Respect_Thread

I believe the early Wonderswan games.

Being honest, I can not quite understand how Lucemon's accumulated Hax got that big. I mean, I can not see for sure where it got big this way (And of course, we're still greatly reducing the hax of characters like Lucemon, Apocalymon and NEO since they should have the power of all the Digimon who have been to Dark Area).

@Ex

To be honest, a lot of the text as you see comes from explaining to powers. And some from inherited powers. Most of it comes also from the many times Lucemon got a buff from doing absolutely nothing. Although, due to the large list of crap Lucemon has.....some abilities more than likely are mentioned twice. Regardless, we are gonna be using that Tabber function to split powers up. So his abilities will be easier to read regardless.

TartaChocholate said:
Where is ZeedMilleniunmon from?
To be specific, he's the fusion of the Mugendramon and Kimeramon from Digimon Adventure and 02 respectively. He appeared throughout the Digimon Tamers game series on Wonderswan (not related to the anime) though only appeared as Zeed in the final game.

As for your question on the overarching villain. Like Dragon said, there really ins't one, but the most recurring villains are Yggdrasil, the Seven Great Demon Lords and Royal Knights.

Alphamo in particular is kind of infamous for being overused as a villain.

Curiously, both Mugendramon and Chimairamon were initially created being a duality of being the merging of several Digimon, one of mechanical Digimon and the other of organic Digimon. This soon after was used to start Mille that would be the merger of the two composite Digimon, however Mille's production records were lost and currently there is nothing more of the character's production between the games.

That's why Habu had not used Mille in any of his games because he did not have access to the character's production material to know what the initial desire was in creating it.

He asked Kenji Watanabe to look in the records for information on Mille and the other Digimon related to him, Watanabe said he would look any way he could.

Anyway, I doubt they will find anything, after all many revivals of old products had to be made from 0 because there was no information in the Bandai registry (Unlike animes that still have information from the original record of animes production). Yes, things like the Digivice ver.15th, Digital Monster Ver.20th and Pendulum Ver.20th were made from 0 because there was no information from the original design, nor even about the toy plastic body.

I wouldn't say Alphamon is overused tbh.

I think Alphamon was only a villain in Digimon World: DS and TRI. Most of the time Alphamon is an ally. Or at least neutral.

Crusadermo is a common one tho if we go by RK Villains. We have Savers, Frontier, Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory (same universe as Cyber Sleuth but still) in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back