• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Actually Ex, I do want to discuss one thing that we talked about briefly. And that is how the Hellfire of the Dark Area works. Because, I can see people thinking El Evangelo and the flames of the Dark Area are two different things
I wonder how they say that when:

Beelzebumon turned the crimson flames of hell from the Dark Area into its own strength.
~ D╬▒-497​
Beelzebumon turned the crimson flames it acquired from hell, the "Dark Area", into its own power. By amplifying its powers of darkness, it gained the ability to handle scorching-hot energy.
~ Decode​
With the X-Antibody now taken into its body, Beelzebumon has gained the ability to control the crimson flames of the Dark Area, "El Evangelio", as if they were its own power without being burnt by them.
~ Digimon Web Official Twitter​
The X-Antibody overwrote parts of Beelzebumon's data, granting it the ability to summon "El Evangelio", crimson flames of the underworld (Dark Area) capable of changing their form at will.
~ DRB​
Since before the DRB profile of Beelzebumon X there have always been references to the existence of the "scorching flames of hell/Dark Area" and how they would act as a power that have both a purifying and destroying existence. Beelzebumon X had the same description of Dark Area flames as ever existed (so much so that their old profiles used the same terms that all other profiles used to refer to the Dark Area flames), all that the newer profiles did was give a name to the flames and explain the functions of it.

So here is a legit question from me. Does everyone who utilize the flames resist their effects? How does this effect the flames of the Firewall is which are even stronger than El Evangelo?

This is something I do not know for sure, because we do not have much information about it. We know there are some beings that have a resistance to these flames (like Cherberumon, Beelzebumon X, etc.), but other than that we are not very sure. We would have to analyze every time one of these flames is used, but it's still not something I'm sure about it all because I still have to think about it.

That's basically the reason I do not comment on this before writing blogs and draw my conclusions about it, it's basically one of the things that we do not have a clear answer and we need to look at it more carefully (basically the same thing as the other questions above, but I have already analyzed the subject before because it is an older content, but now that we have a very new content it still lacks time for it to be analyzed).

Anyway, since I still have time to do the blog, I decided to prepare a new text talking about a very interesting story in Digimon.

Also, a fun fact. In the Adventure 02 databook, It's said taht Cherubimon is really at least equal if not stronger than Seraphimon.

Im theory there's a lot of them, I'll talo about this in the revisions, but I can say some spoliers here 0v0

If it's fine to you guys

Like I said, feel free to talk about anything revision-wise here as well. This doubles as a Revision notification thread.

spoilers do not exist, only weeping people who do not like to be told things.

Another: from the low tier to the highest of the tiers in Digimon, what is the speed that is handled in the work in a general and specific way?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What exactly do you mean?
If the lower levels of the work exceed X speed (sound, lightning, light), in reactions, combat, etc.
For the medium and high if they are FTL to more.

And were the source for the Infinite speed? by the Dark Area and similars?

In Training Digimon are at Unknown.

Rookies are Faster than Lightning

Champion Digimon can react to lightspeed attacks.

Everything above can react to things FTL.

Infinite comes from the Dark Area. This is likely getting revised.

Immeasurable speed comes from the likes of the Royal Knights and other feats.

The explanation for the Childs is because many of them have attacks that work like electricity and some lightning descriptions. Because the Childs' AP is Tier 8, then it is accepted that they actually scale at least the speed of lightning. All the most accurate feat we have to escape a lightning comes from Digimon Tamers where Masaru well at the beginning of the series escaped from a lightning sent by Elecmon.

In Adults the lightning feats become even more common, so they definitely scales to the Childs (unless it is described that the Digimon becomes slower). Along with this begins to have enough feats of speeds close to or equal to light. Most of these are in specific attacks, which do not scale the movement speed and usually these attacks are faster than normal and are not usually dodged. There are a few Digimon that definitely scale to this since some are actually described as moving at these speeds (like Rinkmon which has an acceleration to reach 98% of the speed of light, and possibly this is not the most suitable to use Digimental's Friendship) or even more but these Digimon are much faster than normal and do not scale to all Adults (Like Peckmon who is one of the Fastest Adults and has several FTL feats).

In Perfects this also becomes more common with other Digimon also having descriptions of speeds that are close to or equal to light. But it is still not the most common of all, at most here the combat speed is scaled because of feats of Digimon Adults, only the fastest Rapidmon receive a total speed that's near/superior to light.

In Ultimates this type of feats are still more common in attacks, but like the Perfects it is not very common to have demonstrations of them and so there is not much to do about it. The Ultimates usually scale to the Perfects, which are usually scaled to the fastest of the Adults.

The whole subject of Infinite Speed can still be discussed, so I'll leave it to talk about it later.

Immeasurable Speed is something that the most powerful have because of various character feats transcending space-time or exist at a level that transcends space-time. This is usually more related to the Millenniumon family, the Royal Knights, Yggdrasil, the Seven Great Demon Lord and others.

In any case, the Digital World exists as a primordial world that transcends the space-time of the Human World at various levels of existence, with the mere presence of a Digimon causing space-time distortions that threaten to destroy the Physical World. In addition, the Digimon exist in a world whose concept of time is completely different from what exists in the Human World, since the time axis of the Digital World is a non-linear two-dimensional axis in contrast to the linear time axis of the Physical World. So all the Digimon has immeasurable speed. 0v0 (It's only a joke 0v0)

It's jumps from FTL to Immeasurable in a way that Immeasurable Ultimates makes more sense than FTL 0v0

Right, they literally skip an entire Speed Tier section, like "forget that degree of FTL BS, just make them transcend space-time, bada-bing, bada boom!" 0v0

Digimon has a hard time presenting MFTL + feats because the scenario often does not explore the cideral space. There are some Digimon that has space as a theme but almost never appear related to distant locations in the universe.

In fact the only known feat that actually works in moving around the universe is one of Digimon Heroes referring to a data stream that moved at speeds faster than light reaching the longest distances of the universe (Scales to no one 0v0).

Rel/SoL/FTL is more common because in fact the various Digimon that are based on the Sun, light and lasers and their attacks are directly described as sunlight, light beam or light lasers. And there's when there are direct mentions of Rel / SoL / FTL speeds.

Unfortunately, most of these attacks are never used in anime / manga / game scenes so they can't be calculated. The FTL feats that are caculated belong to Digimon which are either very fast to the point that there are no Digimon to be scaled, or the Digimon that are already consistently Immeasurable.

In fact the most impressive feat, since it was a very well described feat, with several quotes and information that support is actually a Cyber Sleuth one in the cutescene that Takumi manages to dodge the lasers sent by Tankmon. (You're too slow 0v0)

I love how Takumi could simply dodge lasers. And he was blatantly mocking Tankmon the entire time. lol

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I love how Takumi could simply dodge lasers. And he was blatantly mocking Tankmon the entire time. lol
Takato had an entire ******* flashback sequence while dodging Beelzemons bullets.

That's like, Immeasurable+

Well, as I said I will explain a little more about the abstract beings in Digimon. The lore regarding this has been started thanks to the ideas established in Digimon Adventure that were then continued again in other works of the franchise.

Initially there existed a primordial world known as Idea, a chaotic world without order where there were souls and a souless being (Demiurge). In this world there were also the Ideas / Concepts, each one being an abstraction. These concepts formed laws, in that the world in its beginning had no order and the concepts fought each other.

Then in a moment the Order began, which divided the Ideas of Idea into two sides, and would establish what would be the concepts that would give the laws on these two sides.

The two sides would be known as "World of Light" and "World of Darkness". The totality of these worlds would be included in the opposing concepts of Light and Darkness. Light represents life and evolution. But darkness represents death and no-evolution.

Within the Light (Evolution) there are several positive concepts that are part of it, is what we see in Adventure as being Courage, Friendship, Knowledge, etc.

While within the Darkness there are negative concepts, bad thoughts like sins, the malice that exists within the hearts of all.

As you talked about elements, these concepts are related to some elements. At the time of creation of the Digital World (which is one of the parts that make up the World of Light) some materials were made using the concepts that exist within evolution, these concepts would then be related to some elemental power. For example, Courage is related to Fire, Friendship with Lightning, etc.

There are some beings that are born of these concepts, the Fire that represents the Firewall for example gave origin to Meramon and Birdramon. There are still beings who are most directly direct manifestations of these concepts, such as Agnimon who is a incarnation of Firewall.

To better explain the Firewall (also called the Wall of Fire in Digimon Adventure) is what divides the World of Light and the World of Darkness, has the function of not letting the worlds connect and tries to nullify any kind of interaction between them . However with the passage of time sometimes there are gaps in the Firewall, which allow a more direct connection between the two worlds.

Now that I've explained some of the context for concepts, then it's time to give examples.

Yggdrasil is possibly the greatest, it is the Order itself that put an end to chaos. It was It who established the laws that would govern the world.

It is also good to mention Homeostasis, it is not really an abstract being, but rather an agent of the Order. It exists as a being close to the level of the abstract trying to maintain the balance of Light and Darkness that existed since the beginning of time. When the balance balance tries to one side, Homeostasis acts to recover the universal balance.

The Seven Great Demon Lords are the manifestation of the Seven Deadly Sins. The biggest of them is Lucemon, which is actually the total manifestation of the concept of Darkness.

Although there are other interactions of the concepts, Apocalymon is one of them. Apocalymon is another interpretation of the Concept of Darkness, being strengthened thanks to all that leave the light. The goal of Apocalymon is to destroy the World of Light by expanding the infinite World of Darkness so that all may deify the darkness.

Bolt Boultamon is a "new" idea of Darkness, it had its origin still as part of the original Darkness, however it managed to separate from the past and became a concept of its own. Being a new concept of darkness Bolt Boutamon not only wishes to destroy the World of Light, but also to destroy the World of Darkness to start a new world.

Code:
All in all we know more of beings that are not really concepts, but act in the name of these concepts. The Great Angels, for example, are beings who have received an aspect of God (Who was before with Lucemon) becoming the greatest of the angels. Ofanimon is responsible for caring for Love, while Cherubimon is responsible for keeping the Knowledge and Seraphimon is responsible for keeping all laws from occurring. There are still others like Mastemon, Raguelmon, and Rasielmon, but it is not known precisely what aspects of God they have received.
Beings like the Dark Masters are agents of Darkness, they receive power from the darkness and aim, even if unconsciously, to make it invade and nullify the light.Beings like the Dark Masters are agents of Darkness, they receive power from the darkness and aim, even if unconsciously, to make it invade and nullify the light.

The Four Holy Beasts are agents of the Light, they maintain the balance between the worlds acting as a force that keeps them in balance. When their power weakens the worlds they go into imbalance and run the risk of every thing to colliding, collapsing everything into darkness.

There are still those who exist as a subproduct of some concept, such as Mephismon which is a byproduct of Apocalymon, being a minor manifestation of the Idea of darkness.

There are also beings that are more connected to a concept. In this case the concept plays an essential part in their lives. These beings can be both human and Digmon, and when a Human and Digimon has a connection to the same concept, they can become Partners who draw power through these concepts more efficiently. In Digimon Adventure for example, Homeostasis chose the partners of the protagonists so that both are compatible with their main concepts.

There is still a case that has not yet been decided for sure, Death-X-mon. It is a being that is said to be death itself, but some say that this is just an exaggeration.

The concepts basically matter to Idea and the Physical World (a world created by Demiurge that exists as a shadow of Idea), but there are still worlds that exist beyond Idea and are not affected by concepts. One of these is the World of Eaters that exists beyond Idea, a world that exists beyond concepts and is completely incomprehensible. Yet even this world is but a tiny piece of an even larger system of higher worlds, referred to as the Work of God.

It is important to mention that God (or Gods) who created this system are not the same God that I referred to earlier. The God that I mentioned is said to be Yggdrasil, the very system that rules the entire Digital World.

I must say that I love the cosmology of Digimon, there is more to be said, but I do not know if you guys would like to read.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
an then the tankmon killed itself due to its depression of being a war machine

Humans are part of what is called the Physical World. The Physical World is a world created by the entity known as the Demiurge before the laws of the Idea had been established, unconsciously Demiurge created a world that was like a shadow of Idea, even without knowing what was Idea, Souls and its own creator.

The Physical World is what we know as our world and it follows a set of laws, the laws of physics. Yet the Physical World is not a singular world, it follows principles of quantum mechanics leading to the existence of several worlds. The worlds exist overlapping so that anything is possible, the determination of which world someone exists is because of the Wheel of Fate, each person exists having their history determined by the Wheel of Fate. If you have gone somewhere at some point you are existing in a different world than the one in which you would exist had you not gone somewhere. The possible worlds exist infinitely through the dimensions of time and space and it is practically impossible to cross the worlds. Humans exist through these possible worlds.

Naturally the Physical World and Idea should never connect, the presence of something of Idea in the Physical World could end up causing distortions in the world which would lead to their complete destruction. For there to be no connections there is the Dimensional Barrier, a world made up of 6 layers that exists to separate the two worlds.

Because of the Dimensional Barrier the worlds tend not to connect. However from time to time the force that keeps the barrier in operation may end up letting loose some flaws that end up causing the two worlds to connect. Faults still keep beings from both worlds separate, yet sometimes it is possible that the influence of the presence of these beings will affect the worlds in some way. In the past distortions when perceived in the Physical World were not something that was understood in the past, humans interpreted this in various ways. Souls were seen by humans as ghosts, divine manifestations, and many other ideas existed for every interpretation of people. With the advent of the computer age the presence of souls began to be noticed through electronic devices. Scientists around the world began to study this mysterious presence and named it the Digimon and named the world in which they live as the Digital World. Many theories were created by the Digimon Researchers to explain the existence of the Digimon and the Digital World as the theory that they were a wireframe created by hackers to hide computer viruses. Over time these computer viruses eventually evolved developing their own artificial intelligence and began to act on their own.

In many worlds the existence of the Digimon is unknown, while it is known in several others. The way in which each world interprets the Digimon may be similar or very different. The interpretation that the Digimon are computer viruses seems to be the most common. However, some worlds with more advanced technology (or through a deeper interaction with the Digimon) have finally discovered that the Digital World is really a world that exists beyond the reality of the Physical World, a vast space where everything is formed of Data. For example the world of Re: Digitize where the GIGO Company hired quantum physicists to prove the existence of the Digital World, since using it would be advantageous not to occupy the Real World with the large amount of data that are being created years after years.

looks like I wa wrong about ReArise, it doesnt copy past evolutions... for the most part. it ha fixed evolution lines, and it looks like theyre slowly adding more into the game, for for the most part it seems they only have half of the CS evolutions possible (all the digimon are in the gane, but not all evolutions are possible etc, so you cant do agumon - sukamon, for example, agumon only has greymon and geogreymon, and agunimon is added for agumon on the 1st of feb).

cant confirm anything for encounters, its chinese.

so for now:

cyber sleuth, HM, and links CPed, with half of RA

id say it inevitable the other half will be used eventually, since its a gacha and its easy content, but for now I guess the three rule thing is safe

I finally have a question. What is the logic behind the naming conventions of Omegamon's differing forms. Specifically, why is the form of the merged CresGarurumon and BlitzGreymon referred to as Alter-S?

Also, I wonder if we'll ever see an Omegamon type Digimon formed from the fusion of ZeedGarurumon and VictoryGreymon. What would it even be called? Omegamon Alter-A?

This is something that will depend entirely on the development team and there is often no official explanation as to why a Digimon gets any name which results in fans having to theorize what it means (And this can often go wrong as dozens of created theories concerning Jesmon, which turn out to be only the junction of three words that Watanabe chose).

So there is no official explanation. There is some who theorize that "Alter" simply means "Alternative", which symbolizes that Alter-S is just another version of Omegamon, a subspecies as well as the two Digimon that fuse to turn Alter-S are subspecies of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon (And also the S and B from Alter-S and Alter-B simply means Silver and Black).

So the name Alter-S is likely just referring to the design difference. I was wondering about that a few days ago and assumed the name was taken from some difference in their abilities so I couldn't quite figure it out. Though I did also assume that Alter-B meant Black so I guess I really should've figured it out.

I'm still kinda curious about what a ZeedGarurumon and VictoryGreymon fusion would look like, but something tells me the overall design wouldn't change very drastically.

yeah itd just be the same thing but holding the heads of Zeed/Victory

fun fact

Rafflesimo was designed as a "omnimon with the heads of lotosmon and rosemon". when the designer submitted he, it was rejected lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back