• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ercosore said:
Maybe not the best place to ask this but I am not sure where alse. I want to get into the digimon games but I am not sure where to start, any recomendations?
Pokémon Showdow

Ercosore said:
Maybe not the best place to ask this but I am not sure where alse. I want to get into the digimon games but I am not sure where to start, any recomendations?
Cyber Sleuth

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Welp, you can only get the PS4 Version of the games now.
All hail (insert obscure downloading website which sheer name would get this reply deleted)

I don´t like playing in Sony systems anyways, so I guess I´ll maybe give a try on the 3DS one later...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Welp, you can only get the PS4 Version of the games now.

I had to get rid of it when I switched PSN accounts because of how overly paranoid Sony is about this stuff is.

God ******* damn it.

Cyber Sleuth is, sadly, one of the few Digimon games I'd actually consider "good" and one fo the even fewer that's newbie friendly. I love the DS games, but they're super not good and super not newbie friendly. I also like the fighting and racing games, but theirs not much substance there other than Super Smash Bros/Mario Kart but with Digimon instead.

inb4 Digimon Racing confirms that Agumon is able to destroy planets or something.

Two questions.

1. Are the Royal Knights suppose to be the opposites of the Demon Lords or something like that?.

2. Do the Royal Knights like each other, Same with the Demon Lords?. Or is everyone for themselves?.

If Digimon are just digital monsters, then shouldn't the verse be 11-A because they are all just digital data, and statements of infinite multiverses and higher dimensions be treated as outliers?

OvO

Can't really answer the first one, but there's only 7 Demon Lords and 13 Knights so it wouldn't really line up. It be cool if the knights were based off the 7 Contrary Virtues, though.

The second one is a bit of a mixed bag. Generally speaking, Omegamon, Dukemon/Gallantmon, Jesmon, Gankoomon, UlforceVeedramon and Magnamon are usually considered the "good" knights. They're typically depicted as kind and righteous fighters for peace, but of course have done some pretty terrible stuff in their histories. Mostly Omegamon iirc. They tend to get along reasonably well and fight side-by-side one another.

Crusadermon, Dynasmon and Leopardmon are typically considered the "bad" knights, with the first two being especially prominent villains. Crusadermon and Dynasmon are usually depicted as being friends but I'm not sure how deep that tends to go, while Leopardmon has been portrayed as their leader in more recent media.

Craniummon has been portrayed as being a more neutral knight who is loyal to God/Yggdrasil. He's kind of amoral and iirc, he doesn't get along with the other knights, but he's not inherently malicious like Crusadermon or Dynasmon can be if memory serves.

Examon is kind of a wild card, I really don't know anything about Sleipmon and Alphamon is a "whatever the writers want" kind of character whose been portrayed as a hero and bad guy.

Though they're not technically knights themselves, Rapidmon Armor and Imperialdramon PM are usually associated with the Knights (the former being considered a similar entity to Magnamon and he latter founding the Knights) are both typically considered "good" knights to, with the former getting along with Magnamon.

They enter into wars between them, there was a time in history where they had to form an agreement so that there would be no quarrels between them, at least within the Dark Area.

Outside the Dark Area they are usually enemies or allies depending on what the main project would be. Overall only Demon and Barbamon are more associated with a more evil side, though clearly all the Seven Great Demon lords have already acted as evil, in more recent media in general many of the SGDL are not posed as truly evil except for Demon and Barbamon, this is referenced in N0 when they comment that although the group is SGDL, only the two seemed to do something about it (Leviamon is put inside the team of the two but only because Leviamon is hungry and he does everything for food) .

Dynasmon is not exactly evil, he's just loyal to a fault. He's the very definition of blind loyalty.

One of the holy "Royal Knights", it possesses the powers of the wyvern. It is a unique being among the Royal Knights, in that it serves the lord who embodied its own sense of justice with deep, unquestioning loyalty. For example, for the sake of its own justice, it won't hate its lord even if they are called "Evil". For that reason, it has a strong spirit of chivalry and bushido, with a character that honors devotion, fidelity, and courtesy. With its tenacious, dragon-like power, and dragon armor made from high-purity Chrome Digizoid, it boasts unparalleled strength.

Huh, I didn't know about that.

I always just kind of lumped him in as a villainous duo with Crusadermon whose needlessly sadistic. Seriously, I kept expecting them to do a Jessie and James style speech in the latter half of Cyber Sleuth.

Honestly, Lucemon, Beelzemon, Leviamon, Belphemon and Lilithmon don't really care about their titles. As Ex said, Barbamon and Daemon are the only ones who actually take their SGDL title to heart.

Leviamon is eating, Belphemon is sleeping, Lucemon is observing, Beelzemon and Lilithmon are doing **** all.

It's thanks to Frontier honestly that the two keep getting paired up. It's the iconic Knight Duo of Digimon. You kinda can't have them seperate. But Dynasmon and Crusadermon are quite different. The Frontier scene with Lucemon when talking about the key to the human world shows this well. Crusadermon gets impatient and starts to doubt Lucemon. Dynasmon however, stays loyal and doesn't talk back.

Groups in Digimon may often not work much as a team, which puts them together is the role they play within the Digital World that may be the result of a superior force or some common feature of their nature.

For example the Royal Knights, what makes them a group is to follow the tradition of Holy Knights who fight in defense of the Digital World which was initiated by Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and then were placed as a group to assist Yggdrasil in controlling the Digital World.

Outside that they do not have much in common, it is shown in various media that in fact each of them has its own idea of truth of how the Digital World can be saved, which can end up in fights between the groups. And the members of the group can change their personality according to the story, either by some event that made them change or by the effect of a superior force. Disagreement usually occurs because Yggdrasil is a vague being, and often not the clear answer of what should be done by leading each of the Royal Knights to have their own interpretation of how they should act to match Yggdrasil's desire. Sometimes it can happen that everyone agrees to act together as in Xros Wars or they may end up joining together in separate groups, each acting in the way they think is right (which can lead them to fight each other).

That is why Alphamon exists, Alphamon is usually placed as a "superior force" who is responsible for coordinating the Royal Knights in a unique way, being literally a "control system" for the Royal Knights (So some people usually recognize Alphamon as the most powerful of the Royal Knights).

Alphamon does not act normally, which can be because Alphamon is sometimes sealed in some way and something must happen for Alphamon to return to normal (He was sealed during most of the events in D-Cyber, Decode, Collectors, and others moments).

PairusDragonoid said:
I have a question:
What is the source of power/energy (like magic, Ki, etc) that have the works? also, Who is the origin of this?
Data, everything is a form of data. Magic is a thing in Digimon, but it's only High level Programming in Digimon and not traditional magic.

Also for those who don't know, the Royal Knights are also based on the Knights of the Round Table. So they are somewhat rooted in Arthurian Myth. For reference, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is supposed to be Arthur. I wonder who is who. Only other one I can identify is Alphamon being Merlin.

Of course, since they are based on the Knights of the Round Table then their numbers may increase. Different myths about the group lead to a different number of members, when Kenji Watanabe commented about the setting of the Royal Knights, he revealed that it is based on a value close to 50 and when possible they can continue the history of the new Royal Knights of which Jesmon would be the first of them serving as a common point between the old group and the new group.

Aren't the Olympos Xll pretty good at working together? They all basically chimed in the get Aegiomon to reach his Jupitermon state iirc.

Can any Digimon fuse with another or are some incapable of fusing?.

Also, I noticed some Digimon have evolutions but others don't. Did every Digimon start out with a baby form or were some just born Champions and Mega.

PairusDragonoid said:
Tamers are variable in Levels? (you know, above human level)
Only some are. Most Tamers are Human to Athlete level. Although Durability wise, they can hit absurd level. The strongest Human in Digimon I know is Masaru Daimo,

Didn't Rina kick High 2-A Cyber Sleuth Barbamon and actually hurt him in a cutscene? Or should that be written off as an outlier?

@LordGriffin1000 The shape of a Digimon as we perceive it is the result of an illusion caused by the human mind to make sense of the configuration of a Digimon, so we define the format of the Digimon based on how your data is configured.

With a correct amount of data at a certain configuration it is possible to form any Digimon, at least in theory. When a Digimon absorbs a lot of data (whether in combat or receiving powers from an outside source) they can evolve, this is determined by the Evolution Concept (something chosen by God while the Digital World was still a chaotic world without order) and is coordinated by System of Evolution known as "Evolutionary Tree".

Natural evolutions obey the parameters given by the "Evolutionary Tree" and when a Digimon has certain characteristics it can "evolve". If the "Evolutionary Tree" is configured in a certain way, any Digimon can evolve into any other Digimon with the right amount of Data, but under normal conditions there are certain restrictions.

To conditions in which evolution was already planned, but the possibility of it was blocked in some way (As when Yggdrasil blocked the possibility of evolving to Victory Greymon and Z'd Garurumon). There is still some way to break the laws of evolution, the Dark Area when manifested in the Digital World causes distortions that can cause changes in the evolutionary pattern. There are still more direct ways of modifying the evolutionary pattern, in Next 0rder the character Shouma (was being controlled by the cursed spirit of Analogman) develops the Brain Hack Program that allows to break the evolutionary laws and to change a Digimon to a form that it should never be able to evolve normally (Initially he was only able to unlock the form of Mugendramon, but as he was perfecting the program new possibilities were discovered).

There is Digimon that even evolutionary level has, this usually occurs in works that seek not to give much attention to this and the Digimon may end up not having an evolutionary level cataloged, which may also cause the Digimon not to follow some evolutionary history (There's a lot of this in XW era).

Peter1129 said:
Didn't Rina kick High 2-A Cyber Sleuth Barbamon and actually hurt him in a cutscene? Or should that be written off as an outlier?
She did. Attacked before he could react too.

TBH the only reason I never made a page for her was because I had no idea what to do with that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back