• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
His avatar looks like the love child of Jon from Garfield and Nobita from Doraemon...

Surprised they have to rely on fans sometimes for some obscure pieces of info. I would assume a series as big as Digimon would have a bible or database for this kind of stuff, like most a lot of big franchises tend to do.

Only have the time to finish the first but it's pretty interesting stuff. I've always been interested in the behind-the-scenes of toy development.

"Òéó Òâ│ Òâë Ò⬠ÒâÑ Òâó Òâó Òâ│ Òâ│ " is way too long to be Andrew mon. shouldnt it be ÒéóÒâ│ÒâëÒâ¬ÒâÑÒâ╝ÒâóÒâ│?

the way you wrote it has it as andrewmomon or something

cool

do you have hte links to the original interviews? I've used the info for the relevant stuff (gankoomon, spadamon and the super xros/lost evo for habumon) but getting a direct link is better for reference points

The only interview with a direct link in that blog is the 4Gamer one, because the other interview are now locked to anyone that isn't a Digimon Gamer Member with a Japan Bandai account, so I can't send to you a direct link for them, but I can copy and paste the Original interview in google drive and then send a link for this.

The Digimon artist Next is talking a bit about the development of the manga (This is occurring very recently, would like it if this were a harbinger for a Digimon Manga Artbook 0v0).

According to him, Next was supposed to be an adaptation of Digimon Savers, but due to delays in the production of the anime then Next had to become a manga with original story, but references to Savers are clear at various times.

He also said that some arts had to change the coloring in the manga format because the pinkish coloration would be attractive to girls in the eyes of advertisers, then switched to blue.

The artist is very unhappy about not having a reprint of the manga and it is not available in digital format, he hopes Shueishia will one day make the manga available in digital format.

He also praised Yabuno's work in V-Tamer stating that this was a reason the Digimon manga was very famous in Japan.

Since the manga was not being officially released, he decided to make some manga artworks available via Twitter.

Gaomon and Gaogamon Next Render
Agumon and GeoGreymon Next Render
Greymon Next Render
Agumon Next Render
Peckmon and Yatagaramon Next Render
Rize Greymon Next Render
Victory Greymon Next Render

who was the artist? I wanna find their twitter so I can source these images to his twitter, to allow use of them for the digimon wiki

Takeshi Okano, here is the link.

Also... Today Digimon twitter shows two different post, this and this, that uses Savers, Next and Digimon Twin (It's said about the Next and Twin in the same one)...

At the right moment when the artist starts to talk about Next... Maybe a online reprint in the future ?

or the so called Digimon Twin 2.0 that Maekawa said that would be created in the past 0v0

Maybe they'll retell the Battle Terminal 01 and 02 storylines (About SGDL, Tempest Crack Program, L&R Wars, Ogudomon, Four Holy Beast, Huanglongmon, Royal Knights) like they did with Digimon Chronicle 0v0

Nearly half a year since the last big Survive updates... WHY ? I hope that everything is fine with the game.

something to note, another pic he posted seems to indicate that norn's outfit is actually black, not white like fans assumed

Digimon Twin Storyline Translation

Data 01: Wild Four Holy Beast

The Four Holy Beasts that protect Digital World have become wild. Digital World seemed to be calming down over time ... However the Crack Program, ÒÇîTempest´╝êÒâåÒâ│ÒâÜÒé╣Òâê)ÒÇì, released by the crafty Seven Great Demon Lords secretly began to corrode Digital World.

Suddenly, the Four Holy Beasts that protect Digital World have become wild due to the Crack Program. In addition the Crack Program propagates not only by the Four Holy Beast, but also all the Digimon around the sanctuary where the Four Holy Beasts were. And then Digital World was put into chaos again ...

Data 02: Tamers Success !!

Tamers who saw the serious situation began to mobilize to restore Digital World with each using the Digimon Twin.

The Wild Four Wild Beasts and other Digimon have lost their reason because of the Crack Program, ÒÇîTempest (Òâå Òâ│ ÒâÜ Òé╣ Òâê)ÒÇì, which is deleting Digicore. It has been discovered that this can not be removed unless it is destroyed by the force of a Digimon temporarily stopping its activity. Tamers and their Digimon partners began fighting the wild Digimon.

Data 03: A new battle !!

"Who is the strongest? We are the ones who will save Digital World."

Thanks to the success of the Tamers, the nullification of the Crack Program was progressing in order, but an unexpected problem began to grow.

The Digimon Twin has two hardware models, and the Digimon species that can be controlled by each are also different. The Model-L (Liberation) has control over the Digimon of the Beast Tribe and the Model-R (Revolution) that contains the Dragon Digimon and the fighting mode of each is very different. As the Dragon Tribe Digimon specialize in "Power" (ÒÇîÒâæÒâ»Òâ╝ÒÇì) with its incomparable firepower and the Digimon of the Beast Tribe specialize in "Speed" (ÒÇîÒé╣ÒâöÒâ╝ÒâëÒÇì) with excellent agility of the body. Gradually the Tamers and their Digimon partners from opposing tribes began to say they are the best and deny the advancement of the opposing team.

In this way a battle to cancel the Tempest Program develops in the "L vs R" fights between the Tamers and Digimon partners who wish to protect one another's pride, the whole Digital World has become a war field ...

Data 04: Cooperation in battle and rebirth.

Two Ultimate Digimon fought Qinglongmon in the ancient tower "Assembler Tower" that was stretched to the sky. Dukemon, of the Royal Knights, and Metal Garurumon. They challenged themselves, each with the form of battle they thought correct, the two were defeated without scratching the opponent.

"In this way we will both perish ... it is frustrating, but we must work together"

The two Digimon and two Tamers who were in a dilemma decide to collaborate to defeat Qinglongmon, but the Digimon suffered serious injuries and died. Qinglongmon, who recovered his sanity, delivered a special program code to the two dead Digimon before they began to rest to recover. Dukemon and Metal Garurumon breathe deeply until the light that decomposes their data disappears, only remained two Digitamas never seen before ...

Data 05: "Commander Yuu" appears !!

The Digital World has not yet been saved !! This should not stay that way !! We have to find a powerful Tamer !! Army L and Army R ... Among the two elite forces of Digital World, there must be a brave being who will save the world !!

A man came up to save Digital World from the confusion, Commander Yuu (ÒÇîÒé│Òâ×Òâ│ÒâÇÒâ╝Òâ╗ÒâªÒéªÒÇì). Its purpose is to unify the Tamers L and R, who endlessly repeated a disorderly battle, and then lead to a "cooperation through communication" (ÒÇîÕìöÕèøÒü½ÒéêÒéïÒé│ÒâƒÒâÑÒâïÒé▒Òâ╝ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│ÒÇì). From Batalha L and R formed a large group that does not aim to hurt each other, but to make each Tamer and partner Digimon grow and become stronger individually through a friendly competitive battle to save Digital World, this is their wish!!

Fun Fact: The origin of Victory Greymon and Z'd Garurumon actually comes from these reincarnated Digitamas, interestingly in Digimon World Re: Digitize these two Digimon are blocked initially, to evolve naturally it is necessary that the Digimon is the reincarnation and a Digimon that before turned or Dukemon or Metal Garurumon. That is, if you want to have a Z'd Garurumon first you needed a Metal Gaurumon that later dies and then can evolve into Z'd Garurumon. The same goes for Victory Greymon and Dukemon.

I find it curious how they remembered this storyline while producing Digimon World Re: Digitize.

I really like this type of animation, I would like Bandai to adopt this type of model for special attacks, although some in CS are already very animated (like the Lunamon line), many are very simple and do not have much difference of the attacks normal that also does not have a very cool style.

Pretty amazing. Do remember it's a fan game. Also quite a few had incorrect animations. For example Grademon has the Ouryken there but he does not use the ouryken. He has the Seiken Gradalpha

Yes, the game takes some creative freedoms that I find interesting (as the alternative form for Gankoomon and Piemon), and I must say that I really found it cool how they named Grademon's swords, it's not Oryuken, they're two separate swords that when used together seem to form something similar to Oryuken, but are still two different swords.

hes supposed to have this sword:

Chibi_Alphamon.png

thats the seiken gradalpha, which both grademon and alphamon have access to. funnily enough, I dont think grademon has ever actually been shown using it, but his profile states he can use it. if he combines his swords to make it then fair enough, but this video still gabe him the wrong sword lol

and tbh... bandai have done this a ridiculous amount the last five+ years. alphamon is supposed to have the Seiken Grapdalpha too, and then you have regular alphamon pulling out the wrong sword in cyber slueth, NO, Links, Rearise, encounters, Tri and multiple cards. tbf, most of those are because of cyber sleuth, Hackers Memory corrected the error, but of course theyre copy pasting the CS models, NOT the HM models into everything that exists

so yeah... this is normal alphamon

Alphamon_cs.png

and hes using the wrong sword lol

he summons it though the "rule of cool" but in reality, hes only supposed to have that sword when hes fuses with ouryumon an gains the sword+wings.

was a bit of a tangent but still, technically grademon is supposed to have that sword... he's just not been shown using it as far as I am aware.

Grademon Sword is the Souken Gradalpha (ÕÅîÕëúÒé░Òâ¼ÒéñÒâÇÒâ½ÒâòÒéíÒâ╝) that means "Twin Swords Gradalpha" while Alphamon uses Seiken Gradalpha (ÞüûÕëúÒé░Òâ¼ÒéñÒâÇÒâ½ÒâòÒéíÒâ╝) that means "Holy Sword Gradalpha". Both are different, the game don't use the right sword, but Seiken isn't this Sword (I still think that the way that the games imagine the swords as similar to parts of the Oryuken is a cool idea, even as a worng idea, It' still a nice way of use the freedom of creativity).

I love how that novel gives a LOT of info about the lore... Our scalling will be a lot confusing after all 0v0

"Who are the Dark Masters anyway?" Palmon asked.
If Palmon didn't know them, then naturally their other Digimon partners had no idea either. The only one who could possibly know, while indirectly, was Tailmon, who had worked for Vamdemon.
It was Tailmon who answered. "They're Mugendramon, Pinocchimon, MetalSeadramon, and Piemon. All of them are Ultimate level Digimon plotting to rule the Digital World. Vamdemon, Etemon, and Devimon were merely their underlings."
"Which means they're stronger than Vamdemon…"
At Yamato's words, everyone nodded silently.
"If we're comparing strength…" Tailmon added, "Then yes, they rival in power to the four Holy Beasts. The Dark Masters managed to seal away the four Holy Beasts, after all."
"What are the four Holy Beasts?" Takeru asked curiously.
"They refer to Qinglongmon, Baihumon, Xuanwumon, and Zhuqiaomo…" Tailmon paused just then because her knowledge on the four Holy Beasts was obscure. "Um… To sum it up, they're the Digimon who protect the Digital World's time and space."
"So, these four Holy Beasts…" This time, it was Jou. "Are they our friends? And if that's the case, are they the ones that chose us?"
"I don't know that. I was on the antagonist's side when I learned of them. They would certainly be the enemy of our enemy, but whether that makes them our allies… I'm not sure…"
Source

Good to know that the Dark Masters are blatantly on the level of the 4HB.....But....RIP our Digimon Adventure scaling.....this is gonna be....."fun" to say the least....

If we keep the outlier argument...we got a ton of High 2-A outliers.

If not.....High 2-A Adventure....

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..............................

Adventure does not deserve anything good after Tri

I believe it is a result of being the most known material of the franchise, to a certain extent, and therefore more prone to a denial of change in something pre-established.

Adventure has a scene that is already known, no one pays much attention to the philosophical content or some feats related to lore, if anyone will talk about power in Digimon Adventure / 02 the most they should remember is the fight between WarGreymon and Black WarGreymon where a Gaia Force was used and it was as big as a mountain, nothing more.

Being Digimon Advenure already known as a not very powerful work, it is more difficult to convince people that have come to know DIgimon Adventure that in fact this series has several quotes of multiversal feats... without them thinking that it is an outlier.

This is why Apocalymon was long the only Low 2-C Adventure Character (considering only the anime), it was the only one with a big feat, in a very important scene and that was something known. But of course, there were still those who considered that Apocalymon was still going to destroy a planet ... and that was already a lot in the past.

The reason is clear, Adventure does not seem to be a series of powerful beings, because to a large extent the scenarios are "terrain" with destruction of houses or buildings, sometimes something bigger, but that is considered something ridiculous, so that in the season finale appears some villain performing a ridiculous universal/multiversal feat so then these feats are considered an outlier.

In Adventure/Adventure Zero Two the Tier 2 feats we have are:

• Fusion between the worlds to create a world of darkness proposed by Vandemon/BelialVandemon;
  • Reformatting the Digital World by Dark Masters using a code created by Nanomon;
  • Four Holy Beast stabilize the hierarchy of worlds by keeping the worlds separate; if this power weakens the result is the breaking of the dimensional barriers which would lead to a collapse of the hierarchy resulting in a world of nothingness (ie, their power keeps the equilibrium in the world preventing a multiversal collapse);
  • Apocalymon can reduce everything to nothing and recreate the worlds
What makes it difficult to make Adventure in Tier 2 is how the Digimon Adventure scenario works for some.

There are those who argue that the only reason the Dark Masters defeated the Four Holy Beast is their weakness for light, and that's totally counter-intuitive with Adventure's lore. What is known is that both light and darkness cancel each other, a strong light nullifies darkness while a strong darkness nullifies the light.

There is a reason why Angewomon managed to vanquish Vandemon, the light of her attached to the other Digimon was stronger than Vandemon. The same ratio of Angemon against Devimon and Holy Angemon vs. Piemon. Their light, sometimes united with that of others, was enough to nullify the opponents' darkness, or enough to weaken the darkness for something to be taken advantage of. If a person of greater power of darkness attacks someone of light power that is less in comparison, the being of light will end up weakening because the darkness will annul the light. But the same works the other way around. If the Dark Masters "defeated" the Four Holy Beast is because their darkness overcame the Four Holy Beast light, and not just for an advantage that makes power irrelevant.

Knowing this, what is missing is to see the situation behind it. We do not have details about the fight between them, we know that it was a long time, caused much damage in the Digital World and that in the end the Four Holy Beast were sealed.

Tailmon says directly that the Dark Masters are the same as the Four Holy Beast, but she also says that her knowledge of the Four Holy Beasts is very small. (She was only able to explain that they are responsible for protecting time and space). that this knowledge was manipulated by the side it was in the fight, which was what opposed the Four Holy Beast, so this knowledge may have been influenced in relation to the Dark Masters being equal to Four Holy Beast.

And finally, what we do know is that in fact the Dark Masters were using the power of Apocalymon without knowing it. If we consider that the Dark Masters used a single power coming from Apocalymon, we can say: Apocalymon >>>>> Dark Masters (2nd round)>=Four Holy Beast>Dark Masters (1nd Round).

BUT, we could also say that the Dark Masters were constantly using power coming from Apocalymon and that this power was slow to flow from the Dark Area to the Digital World, over time this power was canceled with that of the Four Holy Beast and after a long time with the power of Apocalymon weakening the Four Holy Beast was that it was possible for the Dark Masters to seal themselves without really being equal, they just had the feeling of being equal because they did not know of the influence that Apocalymon had on them.

To understand this better, I believe it is good to wait for the next chapters of the novel to be translated. Anyway it's funny with the more complex explanations for why Adventure isn't scaling to Tier 2 feats, they are often more common than the simpler ones that justify the scaling.

Or maybe it's hard for me to understand, when I just want to explain the lore about it without getting too caught up in the limitations of all the rules of power levels and scaling 0v0

IDK where it ranks on feats, or if it's been counted, but for adventure there's a feat from next order as it was stated (and is obvious even if not, she states to be from another universe and talks about her partner, which is meiko) that the meicoomon and meicrackmon missions are the one from adventure. whilst in her ultimate form, she fights against gallantmon and magnadramon, at the same time. this is also post game, as alter b is involved (though he doesnt fight). not sure if it should be counted as canon though as theyre able to cure meicoomon's virus, which isnt cured in tri. even so though, she fights post game gallantmon and magnadramon

Would the Seven Great Demon Lords have Acasuality Type 3?

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

Perhaps. Maybe this would also be granted to Yggdrasil. What info do we have about Yggdrasil and cause and effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back