• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discussion Thread Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
ReArise and Survive are coming fast approaching. Let us prepare for them.

Our Survive Main Cast:

Takuma Digimon
Minoru Hyuga
Aoi Shibuya

For those who have not seen yet

Survive Initial Plot: We learn that the story starts during a summer camp. The main character Takuma and his classmates Minoru and Aoi visit a famous local temple to investigate a mysterious legend, the story of Kemonogam.

As they explore the temple they encounter a monster, Koromon. Suddenly, they hear screaming. After running to the scene, Takuma and Koromon find a group of monsters that are attacking the boy's classmates. Koromon turns into Agumon, and together, the two chase the monsters away. Despite the momentary respite, they discover that they aren't yet safe, as they have been transported into a mysterious world.

Maybe it's because i'm half asleep but the main character looks like Simon from TTGL.

Man I'm probably gonna get them all killed by accident.

I was expecting some random characters to actually die in order to set that "we need to survive" atmosphere.

Darkanine said:
Maybe it's because i'm half asleep but the main character looks like Simon from TTGL.
Man I'm probably gonna get them all killed by accident.
I think we are likely to get one killed on accident. I am gonna be very careful with my choices. I like these guys already lol.

Some expectations for evolutionary lines? I saw some people comment on what would be interesting if a human died, this would cause the Digimon to undergo a negative evolution or if any character becomes evil, the Digimon evolves negatively.

For Takuma

Agumon - GeoGreymon - RizeGreymon - ShineGreymon (Throw a spin on the Agumon formula)

For Minoru

Falcomon - Diatrymon - Yatagaramon (Original) - Valdurmon

For Aoi

Labramon - Dobermon -Cerberumon - Anubismon

I didn't think about it but yeah, that's totally possible.

This might be kind of dark but in a weird way, I'm looking forward to see how these characters are gonna die. Are we gonna get a kid impaled by a claw Leomon style? Only time will tell.

Ehh we'll probably see a kid get their head chopped off or have their body crushed by a huge Digimon or just straight up eaten by something. I just have this feeling that at least one of these will happen because of the death and danger thing in the teaser.

If she doesn't talk in that creepy voice she did in CS/HM, I wouldn't totally mind.

I think the protagonist will get a split evolutionary line, but i'm hoping it's as basic as Dragon predicted. After playing Hackers Memory and Persona 5, I'm exhausted from micro-managing evolutionary trees @_@

Well, I found it interesting how the story begins with the investigation of a legend, just as Habu said this game will get more into "Digimon as spiritual beings." But does anyone have any idea what Kemonogam is? I think this might have some meaning, unless it's something created for Digimon.

Force searching just for "Kemonogam" just yielded Digimon Survive results, so it seems to be a thing created justfor the game.

I am also expecting sacrifices. Like Minoru jumps in the way of like Barbamon's Pandemonium Lost or some powerful boss' big blast and dies saving you or something. He seems like the "bro" character of the game, so I see him doing that.

I can imagine Minoru, given his dislike to fighting with others, being killed while attempting to stop the other characters from fighting each other.

Like a fight happens in the group and while trying to stop the battle he gets caught in between their attacks, resulting in his death.

So while technically we shouldn't make files until the games come out....however, I am going to get a lot of work done early so that was we have less to work on once Survive comes out.

Oh, I would love to see something like another group of people let's say of 3 get in a fight with our group and accidentally Minoru dies while trying to stop the fight, afterwards, the other group escape because they don't espected for that to happen leaving us alone with Aoi and then she starts crying besides Minoru body, but, a few seconds after a dark aura begins shining in her Digivice (or the equivalent in the game) and she mutters that she would never forgive them repeatedly to end with her screaming that she would kill them and a black flash to cover the screen.

After the flash we found that Aoi disappeared and we proceed to move Minoru body to our base so that we can burry him .

Days after we hear a rumour that says that scary sounds had been hear in some old ruins were the group of 3 that we were fighting before had gone few days ago, so we decide to go and check if it is true.

After investigating for a while we found a blood trail that end in the bodies of 2 of the members of the group that had chunks of flesh teared of them and we hear the scream of someone calling for help.

Once we get closer we see the last member of the group running of something and once he see us he tells us to help him and that he was very sorry that it had been an accident and a few seconds after we start hearing the sounds of jaws opening and closing and the last member says that they are here in fear.

Once the figure gets closer we discovers that it was Aoi along a now Plutomon as her partner, once she see us she told us to move because she needs to kill the last member of the group that killed Minoru, we refuse and are forced to fight her.

Now to give us something interesting there are 2 options we win or we lose, oh also to add to that Plutomon would be the first mega that we would fight in the game (because who doesn't like a strong optional boss) in case that we happened to get this route and is highly possible that our partner is still a ultimate so the fight would be very hard:

If we lose Plutomon kick us out the way and proceeds to kill the last member in front of us and we see how Aoi gets mentally broken saying that now she will go and kill all of the "bad" persons in the world and escape, this might later cause the dead of more characters and another fight with her were we will be forced to kill her as now she is beyond hope of returning to how she was in the past.

In case that we win both Aoi and Plutomon (he returns to be Labramon) collapse and we return to our base with the last member, once there we discover that she might not awaken until a few weeks pass because dark evolution stuff (or in case that you want more drama she falls in a coma).

I think this setting would be perfect to see Aoi with Plutomon and is even in character with the last, also it could serve as the beginning of a set of dark routes as our character would be left alone with none of his friends to emotionally support him.

Reminds me of the Jeri arc, but with Jeri (or Aoi in this case) fighting back.

Either way the games narrative is gonna be interesting.

Preview of the Digimon Chronicle X manga

IMG 20180830 120053
Craniummon, Sleipmon and Manganom all with the X-Antibody. They are talking about the state of the Old Digital World after 10 years.

I can't wait to read that honestly. I always loved how nice Digimon Manga/Comic looked and how detailed the Digimon usually were.

Digimon Hyper Colosseum contains Backstorys of Boosters that show a little of the history of the Digimon who participate in them. There are many Boosters that I would find interesting to know, such as the Advent of the Seven Great Demon Lords, The Space-time Crossing Adventurer, The Indestructible Ultimate War God, The Dark Demon Dragon of the Apocalypse and the Advent Starter Pack of the Three Great Angels. But I never found Booster images to try to translate, V-Jumps of the day also have Backstorys, but I never found them. It's a shame, at least I found two Backstories (Booster 13 and Booster 14) and I managed to translate for you.

MVkqkIS
  • Booster 13: The Sky-Conquering Armored Lancer
Digimon Researchers simulated the ecological evolutionary process of the Digimon and completed an artificial life form known as "ARMS" (ARtificial MonsterS). Although not intended, it is similar to Digimon. ARMS has great power and was developed as the first "Digital Biological Weapon" (ÒÇîÒâçÒé©Òé┐Òâ½þöƒõ¢ôÕàÁÕÖ¿ÒÇì) of mankind. So people have somehow seen a "miracle". The Holy Knight Digimon with the role of protecting the Netw, and the first Biological Weapon created by humanity, "ZERO-ARMS", began to feel each other's feelings. The two Living Digital Organisms guided by the intention of good, arose in the sky like a proud knight riding a flying horse, facing the great evil that threatened the peace. And the power of the Tamer, will guide their evolution in an unexpected evolution.

IEVi05i
  • Boster 14: The Radiant Crimson Knight of Heavenly Wings ´¢× (CRIMSON HYLANDER)´¢×.
This was a miracle caused by humans and the digital lifeform. The fellings of the "Holy Knight" Dukemon and the "ZERO-ARMS" Grani. It was a unique human who mediated, the power of the spirit of a Digimon Tamer. The flying horse Grani transformed his form into burning armor, and Dukemon integrated the data of Grani into himself. It was the birth of the Ultimate Crimson Knight wearing shining wings. Once again, the crisis of the collapse of the world was prevented by the divine lance of light (Gungnir) and the divine sword of light (Blutgang). And that is the beginning of the new era of super fusions brought by the new evolution of the power of the human spirit.

Well, considering that the next Storyline is the Digimon Frontier, I think that makes sense of that description at the end.

Wait so the ARMS were made by the Digimon Researchers.

Does that mean that they made all the ZERO-ARMS including the ZERO-ARMS:Orochi the weapon of Susanoomon?.

Well it seems that they are far more impressive than what I thought, also it seems that all the ARMS might be alive as they are recognized as Artificial Life (and that makes me think poor Z-A:Orochi it got broken against Lucemon in Frontier and it seems that Bagramon reforged parts of it as another weapon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back