• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Different calculated versions of an All Might feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The All Might feat has sparked a lot of controversy. However, I plan on solving that once and for all by cutting his power level to less than half in enough downgrading to make Seth The Programmer cry using the basic physical idea of Choked Flow. It is the simple concept where the flow of fluid caused by a pressure differential (typically fluid flowing towards a vacuum or lower pressure environment, rather than fluid flowing from an increased pressure environment as this one is obviously modeled to increase the speed value by distorting the exact variable this depends on) caps at the sonic speed of that fluid: the speed limit of flow and the limit pressure are one and the same, at least when talking about flow caused by the Venturi Effect or a suction mechanism.

I'm not saying this should be used for all calcs where some fluid is being sucked off somewhere, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but I am saying that it should be used whenever the resulting timeframe fits the ones that make sense for the narrative, and in this case it does.

Err... I feel like I'm bad at explaining this, but in a nutshell, the All Might feat can have its timeframe scientifically deduced and the result isn't too slower than the ones we had already imagined for it. Just a bit slower, sufficiently slower that he becomes a high end of 7-A+ rather than High 7-A at prime. The speed becomes our sonic standard of 343m/s and the resulting timeframe is slightly over fifteen seconds,making the energy values go straight downhill and get plummeted below the realms of downplay get cut by half and then some.

The calc got evaluated by ArbitraryNumbers, Spinosaurus and Zanybrainy2000. They found it usable, so you also better do.

So, I'm doing this thread because Antvasima said I should since this is a circumstance of contradictory calcs like it already was. Debate.

Edit: Here are all of the calculations. Please help out with evaluating which one that is best to use.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ght_calc_to_end_them_all#WikiaArticleComments

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Detroit_Smash

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/All_Might's_Attack_Potency

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...demia:_Detroit_Smash_Brings_in_a_Thunderstorm

I usually advocate more conservative timeframes, but I still have to ask: How is chocked flow relevant here?

Looking at the feat I don't have the impression that we are increasing the flow speed of a subsonic flow by passing it through a restriction. And much less by trying to descrease the pressure downstream.

It's not like one can't create supersonic wind after all.

Do you agree, however, that the feat is calculated through kinetic energy based on how it is assumed that All Might made the clouds be "sucked in" from beyond the horizon? A.k.a something that implies he reduced the pressure where he is. That could create choked flow. I do need to read on supersonic winds to know what allows for them to exist despite the phenomenon of choked flow, but in this case we're not applying force to move a mass of air in one direction so that it surpasses its supersonic speed, but creating a drain with low enough pressure that the fluid is sucked in as fast as it can possibly be sucked in.

By the way, I feel like the topics for this thread are getting vandalized or something. I added them when I made the post, then they disappeared. I re-added, and they changed it to Warhammer 40k.

Anyways, another point is that in theory choked flow would be a standard, so rather than evidence that it is occurring, there should be evidence that it is not, such as a more accurate timeframe giving different values, which we kind of haven't.

Seems like it's best to state this here.

Due to the circumstances of All Might's fight with Noumu and All For One. I feel like this is something that should be brought up.

As we all know well enough, All Might was restraining himself/Running on the last of his power when he fought AFO, and as for the Noumu, it had a really good hit on AM's weak spot before fighting on par with him and ultimately lost.

Now, AM's Feat is 16 Megatons, the baseline for 7B is 6 megatons.

Should we make Noumu and AFO At least Low7B+ possibly 7B? Or just accept 7B?

I have no preferences, merely stating a thought I had.

This hasn't been accepted yet but, just 7-B seems fine. Don't think the feat is close enough to baseline to justify backward scaling to low 7-B.

Mand21 said:
Do you agree, however, that the feat is calculated through kinetic energy based on how it is assumed that All Might made the clouds be "sucked in" from beyond the horizon? A.k.a something that implies he reduced the pressure where he is. That could create choked flow. I do need to read on supersonic winds to know what allows for them to exist despite the phenomenon of choked flow, but in this case we're not applying force to move a mass of air in one direction so that it surpasses its supersonic speed, but creating a drain with low enough pressure that the fluid is sucked in as fast as it can possibly be sucked in.
Oh, I should have read the calc more closely.

I'm honestly not sure how he attracted clouds, if he did. I guess creating a giant vaccum is a viable guess.

However, technically chocked flow still shouldn't apply because there is no restriction between the high and low pressure area, meaning there is nothing to choke it.

However, while I would need to reasearch it in detail, you likely have a point that a pressure difference from 1 bar would not suffice for a Mach flow.

Good enough point. What All Might did is vaguely similar to, uh, creating a hollow sphere and filling the borders and most of the content with air, then watching the air flow from all directions to fill the core. Confusing, but it's likely that the circumstances of the flow could not in real life circumstances create a movement above sonic speed.

Can somebody list all of the blogs that calculate this feat please? It makes things much easier for DontTalkDT and the calc group members when they are going to evaluate which one that is most reliable.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I would appreciate if somebody could invite all of the current calc group members to take part in the discussion here.

To think All Might has already been calculated at such heights as a Low 6-B Prime depending on how you do it. I hope this thread can finish that. The thread of the previous calc group discussion on All Might is in the OP. It also has a few more calculations and ends.

Can somebody invite DontTalkDT, Kaltias, Mr. Bambu, and all of the current calc group members to take a part in the discussion here please?

Alright, I will preface my comment with the statement that I've never used choked flow once before in my life. To make sure I understand it clearly, the requirements for it to apply would be that A. it is passing through a point of increased pressure (as in, being compressed through a valve, or something), and B. it is of normal temperature (due to the fact that speed of sound alters with temperature change)

Now, knowing nothing about the context of this feat, or the verse, or whatever. This would be an accurate way of calc'ing the timeframe. The timeframe provided would be correct, assuming these conditions are met (again, I don't know much about My Hero Academia, so my apologies if I'm missing context of something).

I believe this is all the help I can be of, here. Sorry.

Timeframe, by the looks of it. In KE, timeframe means a lot. For example, a timeframe of ten seconds means multiplying by 100. Going up by five measly seconds means multiplying by 225. More than double the past result.

@Mr. Bambu

Basically, All Might has a strength enhancing power, punches so hard to create air pressure, said air pressure creates a tornado and it starts to rain. I can get a bit more in detail if you want.

The feat got incredibly hard to calc because of the time variable which we couldn't get right, so my calc was an attempt to make a more educated approximation.

Indeed, choked flow seems to be tied to the venturi effect and I don't know its specifics or how well it can apply to a normal draining mechanism like All Might's vacuum for all directions. Where I first learned about it, it seemed to be a natural consequence of a flow from an area of high pressure to one of low pressure after it surpassed a certain threshold (the one at which the flow velocity touched the speed of sound).

If what Triforce says is correct, and again, I know nothing about the context of the feat so I will assume he is telling the truth (nobody corrected him, at least), then yes, I believe this would be applicable. It certainly sounds plausible.

Antvasima said:
Can somebody invite DontTalkDT, Kaltias, Mr. Bambu, and all of the current calc group members to take a part in the discussion here please?

If this calc is to be declined (again, I am no expert with choke flow so I'd rather leave that to the others, if that is alright), I believe "All Might's Attack Potency" calc by Therefir would be the most accurate, at the given height.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

@Gargoyle

Okay. What about the others?

@Mr. Bambu

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I meant have you asked the others to comment here via their message walls?

I suppose the ones mentioned by you are all in vacation, but I'm going to message the ones I called to evaluate the calc itself.

You should politely ask all of the calc group members and DontTalkDT to comment here.

Yes, all of them, although make sure to be very polite. Thank you for the help.

At this point - if we can't decide on a timeframe - why don't we just use cape?

Weak instability is 1,000 joules/kg (The rain looked pretty light in the anime, not sure about the manga), and the storm's mass is 1150651630000 kg.

1150651630000 x 1000 = 1.15065163e15 Joules, or 275.01234 Kilotons of TNT

Large Town level

Multiply by 60 (i think) for his prime:

60 x 1.15065163e15 = 6.90390978e16 Joules, or 16.5007404 Megatons of TNT

City level

Zanybrainy2000 said:
At this point - if we can't decide on a timeframe - why don't we just use cape?

Weak instability is 1,000 joules/kg (The rain looked pretty light in the anime, not sure about the manga), and the storm's mass is 1150651630000 kg.

1150651630000 x 1000 = 1.15065163e15 Joules, or 275.01234 Kilotons of TNT

Large Town level

Multiply by 60 (i think) for his prime:

60 x 1.15065163e15 = 6.90390978e16 Joules, or 16.5007404 Megatons of TNT

City level
There's no need for that, most if not all people have agreed with the timeframe proposed here.

@Zany

Can you check through all of the 4 blogs linked to in the first post, and then tell us which version that you think is most reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back