• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Different calculated versions of an All Might feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanybrainy2000 said:
If we agreed on the timeframe (Presumably ten seconds, skimming through some of the blogs) then I believe that this calculatio is fine.
There was the agreement in ten seconds, however, as I stated in my calculation, it is arbitrary.

Thanks for suggesting the cape possibility, though.

There was the agreement in ten seconds, however, as I stated in my calculation, it is arbitrary.

Thanks for suggesting the cape possibility, though.

Ah. In that case, it could be possible to use Assaltwaffle's Low-Low end of this calc, as both are Large Town level normally and City level in prime, so it's a bit consistent.

Assaltwaffle's calc is wrong, he halved the horizon distance for reasons he doesn't even know.

Ah, I'll use the horizon distance that this calculation uses (5.3 kilometers) based off of All Might's height, which would mean the clouds would weigh 1150651630000 kilograms in total.

Using the low-low timeframe in assalt's calc, the storm would be traveling at 187.610619 M/S

0.5 x 1150651630000 x 187.610619^2 = 2.0250171e16 Joules, or 4.83990703 Megatons of TNT

Small City level
, or Mountain level (290.394422 Megatons of TNT) in prime.

There is another problem, Assaltwaffle is using a cutted video of the feat, in that video 13 seconds were skipped, for that reason I remade his calc, not sure why it was mentioned here, it's completely obsolete.

This is feat in the anime, I think we should use the anime timeframe, which is approximately 7 seconds removing the filler scene (The time it takes for the clear horizon line shot to leave [0:33] to the time it takes for the dark clouds to appear [0:43] minus the anime filler scene that it doesn't appear in the manga [0:40 to 0:43]).

I suppose that could work better.

5300 / 7 = 757.142857 M/S

0.5 X 1150651630000 X 757.142857^2 = 3.29814329e17 Joules, or 78.8275165 Megatons of TNT

City level+
normally, or Island level (4.72965099 Gigatons of TNT) in prime.

I'm in a hurry so I can't explain everything just yet, but I disagree with the 7 second timeframe.

@Zany

Which of the two calculations that Therefir linked to do you think is the most reliable?

@Mand21

Did you ask the other calc group members as well?

CAPE is unneeded, as we can definitely garner timeframe, it is just what timeframe is most agreeable. I'm personally most happy with the newest calculation (15.45 seconds), as it fits well with previous assumptions and, if what people have told me is correct, would be viable (that is, that this situation does fall under choked flow laws).

Here's why I disagree with the 7 second timeframe. It is ultimately obtained by altering the details of the feat, on the ground that since one scene did not appear in the source material, it has to be ignored completely when calculating the timeframe of the feat.

My view on this is that in the anime, the scene is part of the feat and if you omit it, the results you will get, regarding the time it takes for the clouds to arrive, will be inaccurate in the context of the anime.

The fact that the scene isn't present in manga is most likely to mean two things, one, the feat itself is different between anime and manga or two, the feat is the same and the anime only expands on it. In case of the latter the unaltered timeframe should be used and in case of the former no timeframe from the anime can be used.

Okay, do you agree with a timeframe of 10 seconds then?

I am fine with ten second timeframe, but the choked flow method seems like the better option to me.

Seems pretty much everyone has accepted that Mand's calc could be valid. DT was the only one who raised objections but even he said Mand could be right in the end.

As Andy said, ten seconds is a better option than seven, but ultimately that's an arbitrary choice. If the feat does fall under the context of choked flow (meaning some amount of pressure was applied in the air that would otherwise mimic an efffect like a chokepoint), then choked flow should be used. If someone can disprove Choked Flow, then yes, I'd go with ten seconds.

You know, for a while I was under the impression that this method is usable for almost any storm calc where the timframe isn't available but is estimated to be 10 seconds or so.

But I was wrong wasn't I. Bambu's explanation of choked flow certainly makes it seem like only very specific cases of storm feats can be calculated using this method.

That is the case, unfortunately. Choked Flow is applicable if a very specific pressure is put onto the vapor, if temperature is within normal limits, and we're not dealing with what someone linked above, a supersonic wind tunnel (i.e., it is going exceedingly faster than Mach 1). However, considering the timeframes before were relatively close to choked flow time and somebody said it should have that exact type of pressure on it, I believe it'd be okay to use.

Mr. Bambu said:
As Andy said, ten seconds is a better option than seven, but ultimately that's an arbitrary choice.
How is the anime timeframe an arbitrary choice...? I don't get it, several people had said we should use the anime timeframe.

Also, I have never seen any other storm calc using this method before, why should this apply to All Might? Even Deku 20% can create supersonic air blasts.

Your anime timeframe disregarded a scene, no? That inherently makes it arbitrary, cherrypicking which scenes apply and which don't.

And... well, that's sort of the point, isn't it? New methods aren't to be banished for being new. Otherwise we wouldn't use CAPE or anything even close to that.

I don't know if this followed the characteristics of a choked flow. I'm not knowledgeable on MHA as it falls outside of the five anime I've ever bothered with. That said, assuming it does fall under these characteristics, it would be applicable. I've stated that multiple times.

> Your anime timeframe disregarded a scene, no? That inherently makes it arbitrary, cherrypicking which scenes apply and which don't.

No, the anime only expanded the scene a little, and I'm pretty sure that we treat Endeavor punching Nomu and burning it with his blue fire as canon, despite never happening in the manga.

> And... well, that's sort of the point, isn't it? New methods aren't to be banished for being new. Otherwise we wouldn't use CAPE or anything even close to that.

Unless you want to remade every storm calc where this might apply, I don't see why we should use this method with All Might. Also in the storm calculation page this method is not mentioned anywhere.

> I don't know if this followed the characteristics of a choked flow. I'm not knowledgeable on MHA as it falls outside of the five anime I've ever bothered with.

If you don't know, then we must send a message to a calc group member who knows about this method.

Oh boy. If the method is applicable here, then yes, it could be applicable elsewhere. Not really my problem if it is. But if it is applicable here, your reasoning for why it should be disregarded is "we don't use it other places". So again, you're rebuttal is "no its new".

The above method is still fine with me assuming it fits under choked flow's parameters.

The only reason that Mand is saying this could fit choked flow's parameters is because "the timeframe also fits", that doesn't make any sense, not to mention that Deku 20% can create supersonic air speeds, so All Might should be able to too.

Deku can at much smaller volumes. With a larger mass, comes a slower velocity. Yes, All Might is the top dog of the verse so to speak, but still, there's no reason to assume his speed MUST be supersonic.

I'm not defending Mand's view, although I believe it is possible. I'm simply not accepting yours.

I'm pretty sure that the higher the percentage, the faster the air blast will be.

Also I'm just using the anime timeframe, because that's what is recommended in these cases, not sure why you don't accept my version.

Your version is seven seconds, correct? I was under the impression you cut out a scene due to the scene not appearing in the manga.

My version is ten seconds, the anime only extended the scene a little.

Ah? I must have mistaken it with the one with seven seconds. In that case I'm not particular to either one. After looking through your calcs you seem uniquely qualified specifically in the area of MHA. That said, Mand appears to have looked especially hard into this particular feat to come up with a rather unique way of calcing it.

If it can be determined that choked flow is absolutely illegitimate (which I have no idea on, again, I am not knowedgeable on the verse), then your version would suffice.

I suggested 7 seconds before, but after reading Andy's comment, I realized that cutting an anime scene because it didn't happen in the manga is not correct.

Right. That would have been unacceptable.

As of right now, if choked flow is to be found acceptable (should be determined by a calc group member more familiar with the verse than I), then Mand's calc should be used. If not, we should default to the ten second calc, if that is indeed the length of the scene.

The best thing we can do is to wait for other calc group members to come here, until now I didn't know anything about this method, but it could certainly affect several storm calcs if it is accepted.

It could. Keep in mind choked flow has very specific requirements that need to be met for it to be applicable. Like I said, most often this refers to water passing through some sort of point of increased pressure, such as a funnel or whatever. Applying it to storms shouldn't be done lightly.

Still. Hope you guys can figure it out. Cheers.

Antvasima said:
@Mand21

Did you ask the other calc group members as well?
Yes.

Therefir said:
The only reason that Mand is saying this could fit choked flow's parameters is because "the timeframe also fits", that doesn't make any sense, not to mention that Deku 20% can create supersonic air speeds, so All Might should be able to too.
Have I mentioned that All Might is sucking air on this feat rather than pushing? The clouds were drawn in, not pushed in. While Deku can move faster than sound, that has a chance of creating a vacuum behind him.

You can tell the calc group members that I would appreciate their help here, if you wish.

There still do not seem to be any calc group members interested in deciding which calculation to use.

If it is undecided whether or not Mand's calculation is viable (I am probably not the one to decide that for obvious reasons), I would advise taking Therefir's approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back