• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Diavolo look into the future and see The Avatar trying to possess him, he erase time then one-shot him.

That's all i can come up with. Someone might debunk it later so i just gonna leave for now.

That's going off the assumption The Avatar will be moving when he's trying to possess him, which I doubt a little bit considering how Diavolo can be a bit stationary prior to KC Time Erase and it'd not really be necessary to move unless it's a problem of range. Regardless, The Avatar has to probably move eventually after Time Erase to turn around and try to prevent Diavolo from killing him, which results in time moving and Diavolo hitting him with KC. That is of course assuming that they won't use the Black Prisms, while it is a random location, the chance of them teleporting right into Diavolo seems a lot less possible than them teleporting away. The way I see it is as follows; Precog >> Time Erase >> Time is stopped (Assuming the Avatar) >> Avatar teleports away, probably >> Precog >> Time Erase- Yeah, seems kinda weird, but I lack belief they'll be able to get a good, fatal hit on one another with the assumptions provided, and I also doubt Diavolo would allow himself getting possessed due to knowing that's coming. Leaning towards Incon, but I'll wait for more responses.

Time only move if the Avatar move right? Then it would need to get close to Diavolo to possess him, by that time, he would have look in the future, erase time.

The Avatar doesn't stop time. When he's standing still time still moves albeit very slowly, and time accelerates the faster the avatar is moving. So if Diavolo tries to punch him all the Avatar has to do is side-step it which would be very possible in slowed down time.

Sixo Bullets said:
Guns and possesion seem to have a range of tens of meters. Considering they're 10 meters apart, he doesn't need to move.
But King Crimson can block bullets. And i pretty sure that fire a bullet would allowed time itself to move a bit.

Redite250 said:
The Avatar doesn't stop time. When he's standing still time still moves albeit very slowly, and time accelerates the faster the avatar is moving. So if Diavolo tries to punch him all the Avatar has to do is side-step it which would be very possible in slowed down time.
Am aware. Referring to it as time stop due to that just being the general ability name. The Avatar side-stepping is fine, but that's simply him moving which I addressed in my point would make time accelerate and allow Diavolo to at least attempt to get an actual attack off. Regardless, Incon is still my preference here.

@James I never even mentioned bullets, I was simply referring to the Avatar's range to explain why he wouldn't move in-char.

Off to bed so I won't respond till' morning.

SC is one of the most agility Stands out there. Equalized speed doesn't deny the fact that Diavolo is a fast-thinker.

Still, the moment those bullets fired, Diavolo would have a small grip of time to look in the future and simply erase them.

Superhot would probably be a very interesting opponent for The Stalker from clock of Atonement, since both got that sweet sweet passive time stop

Um

What stops the Avatar from just possessing Diavolo and calling it a day? Remember, he opens with it, and that movement weakness won't matter, as all the Avatar has to do is look at Diavolo

Tens of meters, same as his guns

I don't really know. From what we see in the game, the Avatar completely overwrites the person that they possess, essentially deleting whoever they were before the possession. This is shown by when the Avatar abandons a body that was previously possessed, the body crumbles, as if it is now a mere shell

As we saw with Silver Chariot's body swap, when someone takes over a body he is in he is considered the second personality for them. The avatar would probably take over Doppio, but Diavolo would be fine within the same body

In that case it would be inconclusive since neither of them would be able to kill each other in that state?

Back