• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Master of Illusions Vs the Crimeboss of Passione!

Speed is Equalized.

Mysterio has all of his equipment from his "Base" key (no optional gear)

The battle takes place in Nepal.

JJASBR_Diavolo_Artwork.png
0fcfba263f16bd0ae44031cc53a08627.png

This is interesting with what hax Mysterio has.

Kinda leaning Mysterio since by SBA the start distance is pretty far, and even with TE spam there's still moments where Diavolo has to actually be outside of TE to do it again so he could get gassed.

If Mysterio gets within Diavolo's range though its over.

This is interesting with what hax Mysterio has.

Kinda leaning Mysterio since by SBA the start distance is pretty far, and even with TE spam there's still moments where Diavolo has to actually be outside of TE to do it again so he could get gassed.

If Mysterio gets within Diavolo's range though its over.
wouldn't this be negated by ephitap?

to an extent, but he's effectively not gonna get anything done unless he gets into close range, where's he's super vulnerable.

This really depends the most on like, distance and environment imo
I mean, he will not be affected by the gas while on time skip, just play the safe game untill It's near enough to misterio to just time skip and impale him with one of his own robots, kinda like what he did to narancia...

and even on the efect of the gas Ephitapy should let him see trough the halucinations and ilusions still

Eh, couldn't he just hold his breath in those sub-second time frames (Remember, he could spam it numerous times in repeated succession before bullets could hit him toward the end of Part 5).

Epitaph shouldn't be affected by illusions given it's just showing him the future, showing him what actually happens, not from his PoV either.

I mean, he will not be affected by the gas while on time skip, just play the safe game untill It's near enough to misterio to just time skip and impale him with one of his own robots, kinda like what he did to narancia...

and even on the efect of the gas Ephitapy should let him see trough the halucinations and ilusions still
He won't be, but he'd have to constantly run all the way back from out of range of the 5 mile radius gas or else he's gonna get caught during the off period of time erase

Eh, couldn't he just hold his breath in those sub-second time frames (Remember, he could spam it numerous times in repeated succession before bullets could hit him toward the end of Part 5).
Oh, ye he can hold his breath :V this is a very jojo thing to deal with someone that uses gas on combat lol or do like jotaro and suck all the gas into KC lungs

He won't be, but he'd have to constantly run all the way back from out of range of the 5 mile radius gas or else he's gonna get caught during the off period of time erase
I am sure he can hold his breath for 0.5 seconds between every dozen-odd seconds, that's like a normal human level
Has Epitaph shown to be able to see through illusions before?
It was able to show Metallica's attacks despite having light refracted to make them invisible, and an invisible Nero. Not that it'd matter, Epitaph isn't tied to his perception, it just shows the future as it happens, not what he's going to personally see in a few seconds.

I am sure he can hold his breath for 0.5 seconds between every dozen-odd seconds, that's like a normal human level

It was able to show Metallica's attacks despite having light refracted to make them invisible, and an invisible Nero. Not that it'd matter, Epitaph isn't tied to his perception, it just shows the future as it happens, not what he's going to personally see in a few seconds.
I see. That would certainly make it difficult for Mysterio then, since he relies pretty heavily on his illusions to disorientate/trick his opponents🤔.

Mysterio's range is only 5 miles through his illusions. the Sphinx, for example, only had that range since that was the distance of the holographic projections it was capable of producing.

His gases are usually kept surrounding himself, or filling up a room/area he's located in.

Actually a good counter Mysterio has is hypnosis, he could just hypnotize him through epitaph since you'd still be seeing the hypnosis.

Since Mysterio is playing the range game and has superior mobility with flight and teleportation he could figure out how TE works and nail him through there.

To my see, Diavolo beingh able to... hold his breath would give him the win most of the time by just time skiping, beingh alerted by ephitap about what would happen if he breath near misterio, holding his breath and dunut

Actually a good counter Mysterio has is hypnosis, he could just hypnotize him through epitaph since you'd still be seeing the hypnosis.

Since Mysterio is playing the range game and has superior mobility with flight and teleportation he could figure out how TE works and nail him through there.
Well, mysterio would just be beingh luck if this happen, still think Diavolo would win most of the timesq

voting the devil

Mysterio does have hypnotism that he can activate simply through spoken word, yeah. His helmet inherently gives him speech-based mind manipulation. He'd 100% resort to that if he felt he was in over his head.

Something to note.

Keep in mind, they start off pretty far apart.

I feel like Mysterio would catch on nigh-instantly that he's skipping time and seeing past his illusions somehow

Meh, still think Diavolo would be able to close the gap really fast, specially if Misterio aproches during the time skip
I mean Mysterios's Standard Tactics are using illusions, robots, and holograms from a distance so he might send a robot up close to fight but I doubt he'll approach himself.

How would he know to do that? And if done in TE it wouldn't work as the cause is removed but even ten, when would he ever be put into a positon o where he'd be able to hypnosis? If Diavolo gets close enough, he's going to be attacking from a blindspot like he always does.
We also have the issue of Diavolo having 2 minds so if Diavolo gets taken out, Doppio could come in.

I feel like Mysterio would catch on nigh-instantly that he's skipping time and seeing past his illusions somehow
Would he? Teleportation, mind hax, manipulating memories, or even his own illusions, what Diavolo is doing could be many things in a vacuum, but deleting TIME is a huge feat even by Marvel standards.

How would he know to do that? And if done in TE it wouldn't work as the cause is removed but even ten, when would he ever be put into a positon o where he'd be able to hypnosis? If Diavolo gets close enough, he's going to be attacking from a blindspot like he always does.
We also have the issue of Diavolo having 2 minds so if Diavolo gets taken out, Doppio could come in.
Like the above said he's able to project hypnosis from a distance or through other means, it's also gonna be pretty hard to catch Mysterio since he can fly and teleport. Diavolo getting close is definitely a GG though.

Does Doppio even know how to use KC outside of Epitaph?
Would he? Teleportation, mind hax, manipulating memories, or even his own illusions, what Diavolo is doing could be many things in a vacuum, but deleting TIME is a huge feat even by Marvel standards.
In a vaccum:

Teleportation doesn't make you yourself move forward, and he would've likely moved closer to him if he had teleportation like with most marvel characters who do that

Memory manip might be something he thinks it is, I won't lie.

I feel like Mysterio's ego wouldn't let him think he's using illusions too.

Skipping time is definitely a guess he could make with Memory Manip imo.

Like the above said he's able to project hypnosis from a distance or through other means, it's also gonna be pretty hard to catch Mysterio since he can fly and teleport. Diavolo getting close is definitely a GG though.
Ok but would he? And would he before Diavlo gets close enough? And would he do it in a way that isn't instantly negated? Not to mention he's going to be confused, would he be able to gather himself and use hypnosis against a foe he has absolutely no idea where he is, without even really knowing where HE himself is due to jumping around. It isn't going to take Diavolo long to get close, Mysterio is gonna be super disoriented and half a second of Mysterio being able to think about what's happening is equivalent to a dozen-odd seconds of Diavolo coming toward him.
Does Doppio even know how to use KC outside of Epitaph?
If Diavolo told him, probably, just like Epitaph.
Only thing stopping Doppio from using King Crimson as a whole is because he doesn't think it's his Stand. It'd be no different than Diavolo going "uh, oh shit uh I gave you Epitaph man remember? Haha, use that" and then Epitaph spontaneously manifesting.

Teleportation doesn't make you yourself move forward,
Yeah it could? Look at Sans.
and he would've likely moved closer to him if he had teleportation like with most marvel characters who do that
Might have a limited range on the teleportation, might be sight-based, who knows.
I feel like Mysterio's ego wouldn't let him think he's using illusions too.
It was an example, it could be literally a good two dozen thngs.

to an extent, but he's effectively not gonna get anything done unless he gets into close range, where's he's super vulnerable.

This really depends the most on like, distance and environment imo
He can throw things, like when Doppio cut Nero

On Diavolo's side,
  • Mysterio has no way of seeing King Crimson.
  • If Diavolo can get the real Mysterio in King Crimson's range it's gg's.
  • Epitaph and Time Erasure greatly will greatly aid him in avoiding what Mysterio throws at him.

On Mysterio's side,

• The SBA distance says they're gonna start Kilometers apart due to his range which aids Mysterio's fighting style.
  • He and his robots can one-shot Diavolo.
  • His robots which all have Immortality type 2 making them harder to take out.
  • His robots can Self-Destruct which might catch Diavolo off guard.
  • His androids also have all his base powers iirc.
  • His teleportation and flight could help him stay out of King Crimson's range.

Ngl I feel like this comes down to whether or not Diavolo can get past Mysterio's robots, holograms, hypnotism, and hallucinogenic gas and get close enough to the real Mysterio to one-shot with King Crimson.

He and his robots can one-shot Diavolo.
It goes both ways does it not?
His robots which all have Immortality type 2 making them harder to take out.
Diavolo can just skip past fighting them.
His robots can Self-Destruct which might catch Diavolo off guard.
Skip past that too, but no he abuses Epitaph, he's going to know if they self destruct long before they do that.
His androids also have all his base powers iirc.
Skip.
His teleportation and flight could help him stay out of King Crimson's range.
This might be problematic but
King Crimson can also just yeet a pebble. Remember he almost killed abbachio by yeeting a few knives from across a coastline atop a hill. And that wasn't even full body King Crimson or with much effort. If he's anything like Plat, he can yeet shit quite some distance.

There's a very notable CD feat to where he throws a heavy rock kilometers, though that one is noncanon.

It goes both ways does it not?
Yeah, I noted that King Crimson one-shots Mysterio.
If Diavolo can get the real Mysterio in King Crimson's range it's gg's.
Diavolo can just skip past fighting them.
I mean idk if he can easily skip past all Mysterio's robots. He has building sized robots as well as robot replicas of the Sinister Six, robot replicas of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, an Ice-Man robot, and slime robots all with Resilient Immortality.
King Crimson can also just yeet a pebble. Remember he almost killed abbachio by yeeting a few knives from across a coastline atop a hill. And that wasn't even full body King Crimson or with much effort. If he's anything like Plat, he can yeet shit quite some distance.
I mean what's stopping Mysterio from just dodging the rock, he has shown some acrobatic capabilities.

I mean idk if he can easily skip past all Mysterio's robots. He has building sized robots as well as robot replicas of the Sinister Six, robot replicas of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, an Ice-Man robot, and slime robots all with Resilient Immortality.
He can? He's uninteractable in skipped time, he could walk straight through them if he wanted as they no longer exist.

Though I will say, half of what you mentioned isn't here, that shit ain't standard, especially robots that go far and beyond High 8-C+ like cyclops.
I mean what's stopping Mysterio from just dodging the rock, he has shown some acrobatic capabilities.
Funny speed equal bullshit. It'd be like you trying to dodge a bullet.

Though I will say, half of what you mentioned isn't here, that shit ain't standard, especially robots that go far and beyond High 8-C+ like cyclops.
I mean Mysterio's profile just says "robots" are Standard Equipment so I assumed that all his robots were standard equipment.

Mysterio having some kind of robotic creation is reasonably standard yes, as he usually has one in his schemes.

But uhhh he doesn't usually have all of them, no. Mysterio doesn't just roll up with an army of robots without specifically prepping like that.

I would like to clarify that his X-men robots don't actually scale above his other creations. There still High 8-C.

Fake ass xmen robots not even comparable smh

Back