• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello guys, wacky woohoo pizza man here

So, recently we changed -again- some stats from the DMC2 and 4 cast about AP and speed, scalling them to Anime Dante and Sid, when I was editing the pages, I noticed a little problem: DMC4 characters scalling to DMC3 characters in speed

We already discussed that scalling people from other games that aren't relatable it's not a good move, with just a few exceptions, so this is my suggestion:

In DMC4 we have Blitz, a living cloud-to-ground lighting that both Nero and Dante can fight, so Nero's speed, instead of being "massively hypersonic with MHS+ Combat speed and Reactions", which comes from DMC3 Dante, it should just scale to Blitz, like this:

-Massively Hypersonic+ (Faster than Holy Knights like Credo and Agnus, can keep up with Blitz)

This scales to Sanctus and Savior, with an "At least" for Full Power Savior

And the Holy Knights, you ask ?

Well, they should be able to fight Blitz but we never see this, and they are casually defeated by Nero even before he awakened his Devil Trigger, so he should scale to Lady, actually

But Dante, you said that they don't scale to people from other games

We have exceptions and this is one of them, Lady is a HUGE FODDER next to Credo and Agnus, and she have a High Hypersonic+ feat, borderline Massively Hypersonic, DMC3 Dante, for example, have MH movement speed because he is far superior to her, almost everyone is

But how Lady is this fast ?

She is just a human, but that isn't a argument since DMC series doesn't follow any logic, and Lady can still fight fodder demons and even some more dangerous in the Anime, so this speed actually make sense for the Lore, and is a Low Ball to almost everyone

This includes Lucia and Arius, I played DMC2 again (yes, kudos for me just for that) and they never interact with Lighting or something like that soooooooooo they should scale to Lady, just like Agnus and Credo

Sooo:

Agnus: At least Massively Hypersonic (Should be far faster than Lady, comparable to Credo)

Credo: At least Massively Hypersonic (Should be far faster than Lady, superior to Agnus as the leader of the Holy Knights)

Arius and Lucia are already Massively Hypersonic, I added them to the CRT just to confirm

Now, about the Anime:

Anime Dante and Sid are "At least MHS+" scalling to each other because of reasons, I believe they actually scale to Blitz for being massively superior to him, but I don't know if this works, because many people are far superior to him, like Trish and Griffon, and they don't scale to his speed, and if we consider that Blitz's Ap is wrong (he's Low 7-B) it would scale to even more people

Why he is Low 7-B, you ask ? In DMC4 he caused a thunderstorm aswell as in DMC4 Deadly Fortune, but if you guys have a problem with this, he have a Ap feat in his first appearance where he destroys pillars that might be Tier 9~8, and he can control natural lighting which is 8-C right ? Well, considering this, even the DMC3 cast would scale to his speed following the same logic as Anime Dante

So I'll let you guys decide if everyone who's stronger than Blitz should scale to his speed, and this is considering that he is 8-C at best, because I already saw some people, Rebuble for example, that don't agree with his Low 7-B AP, because he doesn't cover the horizon in his storm and it doesn't make any sense for a Blitz to be stronger than Temen ni Gru guardians

So, if we scale them to Blitz, everyone besides the Lady and the God Tiers will be Massively Hypersonic+

If not, we should downgrade Anime Dante and Sid speed to "MH with MHS+ combat and reactions"

Now, for the God Tiers

They are Relativistic in Combat and Reactions, however, Dante could blitz Argosax in DMC2 with his movement speed alone in that famous cutscene, so I believe they should be just Relativistic, which makes perfect sense since they are massively superior to literally everyone else in speed

We also have DMC5 Dante fighting Fruit Urizem in mission 17, who's a giant and to dodge his Relativistic punches and their area of effect, Dante would need to be Rel in movement, not just Reactions and Combat

So, that's it guys, tell me what you think

For God Tiers, did I miss the discussion on this

Also when did Urizen actually do a rel feat with his punches at any point

Yes, scalling

However, his physical attacks still have a big range, so Dante would need to be Rel in movement to dodge them

Damn... when I heard "DMC Speed CRT" from you I thought it might be some kind of super solid FTL feats. XD

All jokes aside, I think I agree with everything in this CRT, though I've mostly just rushed through it so I'm probably not in any state to judge. Generally everything just seems reasonable, though I might want to put a bit more thought into the whole Low 7-B thing.

Well, the point is that we use the logic of "being stronger" for Anime Dante scale to Blitz

But Blitz is 8-C for creating Lightning, his Low 7-B feat is invalid since he doesn't cover the horizon on a storm, basically everyone is stronger than him actually

So everyone is MHS+ ?

Or Anime Dante gets a downgrade in speed

Well, I completely agree with the DMC4 guys scaling to lady and Nero scaling to Blitz.

>Anime Dante and Sid are "At least MHS+" scaling to each other because of reasons, I believe they actually scale to Blitz for being massively superior to him, but I don't know if this works, because many people are far superior to him, like Trish and Griffon, and they don't scale to his speed, and if we consider that Blitz's Ap is wrong (he's Low 7-B) it would scale to even more people

I do think they should be superior to Blitz considering he is an elite soldier made by Mundus while Abigail was supposed to be a demon lord so it wouldn't make sense for a Demon Lord to be blitzed by a lower demon.

Same thing with Mundus generals as they are supposed to command the army and be superior to the common and elite soldiers.

>Why he is Low 7-B, you ask ? In DMC4 he caused a thunderstorm as well as in DMC4 Deadly Fortune, but if you guys have a problem with this, he have a Ap feat in his first appearance where he destroys pillars that might be Tier 9~8, and he can control natural lighting which is 8-C right ? Well, considering this, even the DMC3 cast would scale to his speed following the same logic as Anime Dante

I mean, he is an elite soldier created by Mundus and him being weaker than mundus generals but superior to the rest does make some sense. Also, the video shows the storm covering the horizon too, unless I'm too blind.

One thing I don't really know is why the Temen-Ni-Gru gatekeepers don't scale to Mundus Generals? I remember seeing once that they are comparable but I don't know where.

Also, the DMC 3 cast should scale, like as you said, it follows the same principle as the anime.

• All in all, I think the Gatekeepers should scale above Blitz (dunno if this means downgrading Blitz or upgrading the DMC3 guys). I personally would slap a "possibly/likely Low 7-B" in all the DMC3 guys.
  • Anime characters should scale above Blitz, no doubt about it.
  • For the God Tiers I don't have much of an opinion besides the fact that DMC2 guys onward should be Relativistic in everything, except Argosax and Mundus as they are comparable and the former got blitzed by a base Dante.
Also, DMUA linked a blog/calc that would upgrade them but the discussion seems to lean to the calc not being accepted, maybe it being revised would help?

There are two possible solutions for this:

1] It seems that Blitz caused the weather to be affected, but it was likely caused not by just one and over time since that is one of their domain so just Low 7-B [Not Low 7-B+ or 7-B] for them might be fine, its status as Mundus foot soldier would make the DMC3 cast above it.

2] Blitz is 8-C physically and Low 7-B via enviromental destruction, which would not phisically affect the DMC3 cast. About DMC4 bosses, well they scale to Mundus son Berial, who could be comparable or stronger than Mundus generals however its not confirmed so its mine opinion.

- Both option does upgrade the DMC3 to 1 cast to just MHS+, at least MHS+ is fine for Anime Dante and Abigail is fine since its implied that Dante blitzed Modeus, neutral about the God Tiers speed.

Well, so we agree that DMC3 cast scales above Blitz at least in speed, right ?

I'm unsure if Blitz is Low 7-B physically, so I'll personally go for Dark's option 2, it is good for a safe low end

However, everyone above 8-C goes to MHS+, the only exceptions are Lady and Human Arius, with Anime Dante and Sid being "At least MHS+", since Dante also blitzed Modeus

If Blitz is Low 7-B, then DMC2 cast still on Massively Hypersonic while DMC3 cast goes to Low 7-B and everyone above Low 7-B goes to MHS+

And oh, I fully support just Relativistic for DMC2 Dante and people comparable/stronger than him

Well, everyone above 8-C Blitz would be MHS+ so it would with a likely start with Corrupted Arius.

Yes, I agree

Well, so we need to change the speed of characters above 8-C for being above Blitz and just Relativistic for DMC2 Dante and people who are stronger than him

Back