• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

Is it even existing tho? Also what and how they can downgrade that much to begin with
Pretty much everything regarding the universal stuff has been debunked as far as I've seen, even going so far as to have scans of kamiya correcting his own WoG about them being universal

With this the next best feat they have to fall back on is 4-A for mundus' pocket realm feat

Kamiya word holds weight only for DMC1 and even then many are skeptical on his word
I'm aware, what I'm saying is that he outright corrected himself saying they were universal

The rest of the universal stuff is being discussed and the verdicts as far as I can tell are a mix of them being hyperbole and not applying to physical AP due to the recent creation feats and stabilization feats revisions

If you ask him vs questions he aint giving a shit if thats what you mean with that, it is a different story, as far as i saw, peeps asked him what he does in the scene, answering straight forward on it, which coincides with a jap guide saying more or less the same thing

Hyperbole i dont see since a guide and manga say it blatantly in the face its talked about a universe scale, from the profiles i also saw that demon energy affects physicals too, also pretty sure both mundus and argosax after being greatly injured has the universes shenanigans be undone

If you ask him vs questions he aint giving a shit if thats what you mean with that, it is a different story, as far as i saw, peeps asked him what he does in the scene, answering straight forward on it, which coincides with a jap guide saying more or less the same thing

Hyperbole i dont see since a guide and manga say it blatantly in the face its talked about a universe scale, from the profiles i also saw that demon energy affects physicals too, also pretty sure both mundus and argosax after being greatly injured has the universes shenanigans be undone
It wasnt vs questions, it was an interview he did in which he corrected that statement

Yeah, problem is that wouldnt scale to physicals under our new stabilization guidelines. That's the same reasoning bleach had and they got their tier 2 stuff nuked

It still wouldnt matter as death of the author exists, also as outlined people are skeptical for his word

I caught a glimpse of it when that was fresh and also was told by darkdragon i think, it is applying if you cant prove to scale to physicals, going by what DMC has in the profiles makes it an exception, bleach didnt have that from what i understood

It still wouldnt matter as death of the author exists, also as outlined people are skeptical for his word

I caught a glimpse of it when that was fresh and also was told by darkdragon i think, it is applying if you cant prove to scale to physicals, going by what DMC has in the profiles makes it an exception, bleach didnt have that from what i understood
That's self-contradictory though

What physical tier 2 feats do they have exactly? Last I checked none of the characters physically punched a timeline to destruction which is what is basically required for it to be considered a tier 2 general ap feat. Doom is also having this issue, the main villain sustains a universe by existing and if he dies it collapses but he has no actual directly destructive feats on that level so it doesnt count towards general ap

If the author says something his series says otherwise it questions his word, if you have a galaxy buster, but author thinks a city level character at best legit beats him, that rauses questions on an author word

From what i understood the demonic energy is whats used to do all these feats and the characters physicals also rely on it, others might explain it better but thats what i understood

Also stuff like "show destroying a universe/timeline" is basically an old ass argument equivalent of "you cant be planet level at all if you dont destroy one" which really applies to any verse in question

Okay but in this scenario, using your analogy, it's like saying that the author corrected himself saying the city buster does not beat the galaxy buster but since he said it before that now calls into question if the city buster actually does lose to the galaxy buster

Okay but the problem is that due to our new standards that is no longer enough to justify general ap scaling to creation feats

I mean i hate to break it to you but that's the standard now and a lot of verses are being downgraded as a result

Even if his word affects it, anything after his game says otherwise regardless

Aint that affecting bayo too if its the case then? Also it sounds bs this standard it basically makes near impossible to get the tier in question for any verse

Even if his word affects it, anything after his game says otherwise regardless

Aint that affecting bayo too if its the case then? Also it sounds bs this standard it basically makes near impossible to get the tier in question for any verse
Meh, fair

No because bayo has actual tier 3 and 2 feats
with with physical attacks. And yeah it kinda sucks, it's a much stricter standard now

Okay but the problem is that due to our new standards that is no longer enough to justify general ap scaling to creation feats

I mean i hate to break it to you but that's the standard now and a lot of verses are being downgraded as a result
We will cross that bridge when we come accross it.
Its not like we have been living under a rock unawares regarding recent standard revisions or some that have yet to come.... really I am not worrried at all, bring all your changes you want we will persevere regardless.
I have examnined implications of said stabilization revisions and creation revisions for DMC and I am not all worried.

We will cross that bridge when we come accross it.
Its not like we have been living under a rock unawares regarding recent standard revisions or some that have yet to come.... really I am not worrried at all, bring all your changes you want we will persevere regardless.
I have examnined implications of said stabilization revisions and creation revisions for DMC and I am not all worried.
What direct feats of destruction do they have on that level then? I've literally been trying to figure that out for the past hour

the same Kamiya word thing...
HASNT EVEN USED AS MAIN SUPPORT, BUT AS SECUNDARY PROOF THAT EVEN STAFF REMAINED MORE OR LESS NEUTRAL.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WEEKLY READ THE THREAD.
Dude chill, you say this like I was arguing that it would be the main reason for the downgrade, I was just bringing up a few of the group's talking points

What physical tier 2 feats do they have exactly? Last I checked none of the characters physically punched a timeline to destruction which is what is basically required for it to be considered a tier 2 general ap feat. Doom is also having this issue, the main villain sustains a universe by existing and if he dies it collapses but he has no actual directly destructive feats on that level so it doesnt count towards general ap
so from the wording here, the new standards get rid of stabilization feats as a whole(which sounds questionable). but that says nothing about merging / fusing which are the main DMC feats

so from the wording here, the new standards get rid of stabilization feats as a whole(which sounds questionable). but that says nothing about merging / fusing which are the main DMC feats
Merging/ fusing feats are counted in that as well unfortunately

I will give you one.... Mundus tanks the collapse of his universe... whatever size you may want to believe in... it atleast proves that it applies to physicals.
Are you taking surface area into account when applying this feat? Because you would have to do that with a feat like this. Also does the universe collapse immediately or does it take a few seconds because that would change the results considerably

Merging/ fusing feats are counted in that as well unfortunately

legit none of these pages/threads even mention merging/fusing

Are you taking surface area into account when applying this feat? Because you would have to do that with a feat like this. Also does the universe collapse immediately or does it take a few seconds because that would change the results considerably
I don't think surface area matters when a space-time collapses upon you.

It was instant.

Ok so the Pluto profile is already made by Tony.

But question is, does his apperance in PoC are canon? I mean literally canon to DMC games? Might be better if you asked this to Matt on twitter for this.

Ok so the Pluto profile is already made by Tony.

But question is, does his apperance in PoC are canon? I mean literally canon to DMC games? Might be better if you asked this to Matt on twitter for this.
At this moment in the present canonicity of PoC is Irrelevant to Pluto profile and scaling of God Tiers.... all our evidence comes from Manga and DMC1.

As for future, well PoC being canon can be a interesting prospect for DMC series scaling..... so inquiring Matt Walker of this is fine in my opinion if anyone is interested. Otherwise I am personally neutral on it.

Back