• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

i thought he did surpass sparda? I mean sure two keys but idk. Weren't there statements dante has surpassed sparda like griffon or smth?

Not only from Griffon, but also in his character file in DMC4 which states that he has become more powerful than Sparda. Also, while Sparda casually defeated Mundus, DMC2 Dante casually defeated Void Mundus, who is supposedly more powerful than Mundus. I wouldn't normally consider this 100% definitive on its own, but the intent here is blatantly obvious; Dante is now far beyond Sparda. Sorry Dante Demon Killah, but I've actually got to completely disagree with you on this one. Not only do we see in game evidence, it's also depicted through feats in the novels and the character file for Dante (which was written by the developers) also mentions it. Everything is pointing to Dante > Sparda

EDIT: Oh, one thing I do agree with. I think it's safe to say that Sparda did not put all his strength into the Sparda sword from what we see. Especially since Sparda alone defeated Mundus with an unknown amount of effort, while Dante with the Sparda sword still had great difficulty. The only problem this brings up with me is that means that Dante alone would had to have been incredibly strong for the power of him + only part of Sparda's power to be able to defeat Mundus.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
i thought he did surpass sparda? I mean sure two keys but idk. Weren't there statements dante has surpassed sparda like griffon or smth?
Well, he surpassed Sealed Sparda for sure since he didn't had any help to kill Argosax

But after this, we only have a statement from DMC4, it says that people believe that he surpassed his father, but...what version ? Prime or Sealed ?

It's the same on the novel, Eva is stated to be equal to Sparda, but she can't win against Void Mundus and Dante easily defeated him

But...what version ? Prime or sealed ?

We know that DMC2 Dante surpassed 1/3 Sparda even without DT, so DMC4 and Pre Sin are likely already superior, and Post Sin Dante is superior for sure

Edit

DarkGrath, in DMC4 it is stated that people only BELIEVE that Dante surpassed Sparda, and we don't know what version of Sparda, that's the problem

About Mundus and Void Mundus, yeah, makes sense what you said

i mean griffon i'm pretty sure fought a full powered sparda as well as i suspect bolverk iirc no? (I forgot on the bolverk part)

Pretty sure post-Sin Dante is stronger than Sparda, but the game and novels makes it vague if he was superior to his father before this huge power up he got.

Reminder that the Argosax in 2 is weaker than Prime Argosax [which required for Sparda, who was likely old and sealed a portion of his powers to require help to seal him] since was basically a cocoon made from previous bosses, but i think the Despair Embodiment is comparable to Mundus and his Prime Self since Devil May Cry 5 intro statement.

also one common thing a guy pointed out: All the women in dante's lives had their fathers killed by him in some way or defeat

i guess if you know dante as a kid and had no dad to begin with then you're gold lolz

Lol

So, for now we have:

Dante: All previous abilities, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation with King Cerberus, Demon Blood Manipulation with Faust Hat, Summoning with Devil Sword Dante, Paralysis Inducement, Time Manipulation, Demonic Energy Manipulation and Danmaku with Sin Devil Trigger

Tier: Insert Tier here, fought and defeated Urizen twice, comparable to Vergil and Nero by the end of the game

Nero: All previous abilities, Time Manipulation (Can slow/stop time with Ragtime), Healing with Sweet Surrender, Flight with Punch Line, Electricity Manipulation with Overture and Energy Manipulation with other Devil Breakers, Self Healing and Flight with Devil Trigger

Tier: Insert Tier here, comparable with Dante and Vergil after awakening his Devil Trigger

Unsure about Vergil's

Any new resistance ?

And Dante should have a "Bypasses Durability" via destroying his enemies from within, I already saw profiles that characters with this type of power could get a Durability Negation

Oh the orb thing. It looks a lot more like gravity manipulation rather than paralisys to me. And this looks like time slow in Sin Devil Trigger.

Oh, how could I forgot

So...

Dante: All previous abilities, Hellfire Manipulation with Balrog, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation with King Cerberus, Demon Blood Manipulation with Faust Hat, Summoning with Devil Sword Dante, Gravity Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Durability Negation, Demonic Energy Manipulation and Danmaku with Sin Devil Trigger

Tier: Insert Tier here, fought and defeated Urizen twice, comparable to Vergil and Nero by the end of the game

Nero: All previous abilities, Time Manipulation (Can slow/stop time with Ragtime), Healing with Sweet Surrender, Flight with Punch Line, Electricity Manipulation with Overture and Energy Manipulation with other Devil Breakers, Self Healing and Flight with Devil Trigger

Tier: Insert Tier here, comparable with Dante and Vergil after awakening his Devil Trigger

Danmaku with sin devil trigger? Tf? Are you referring to those orbs? Cuz that ain't even close to being Danmaku

Okay, so we need to:

- Figure out is his supposed regen. and Yamato splitting him in two halves

- Calculate Tree things

- Their AP

Does this look good, Dark ?

Anime Dante and Sid = At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B

Mundus, Argosax, Sealed Sparda and etc = Low 6-B (Beastheads Shaking the World)

Prime Sparda, DMC2, 4, and Pre Sin Dante = At least Low 6-B

Urizen = At least Low 6-B, possibly Higher

Post Fruit Urizen, Post Sin Dante, Vergil and DT Nero = At least Low 6-B, likely Higher

Dante Demon Killah said:
The Hearts are part of Dante's and Lucia's DT arsenal after DMC2, they are already there
What do you think about the orbs?.

Note: I'm fine with that scaling, but the possibly Low 6-B is due to Anime Dante being in a close timegap to 2 Dante right?, Bolverk should scale to them.

Well, I don't remember them being mentioned in the games outside of the gameplay, personally I don't have problems with consumable itens if they are actual things in the verse that the character usually carry with him, but they appear to be just game mechanics

Well, we don't know how much of Abigail's power Sid had exactly and even if he had all of it, we don't know if Sid knew how to use those powers correctly since he was a fodder

So I believe At least 7-A (the actual feat), with possibly/likely Low 6-B seems better

Well it's just that DMC2 and the anime happened in the same year right? Shouldn't that make them equal.

Well someone calced Dante's age, and I'm pretty sure that the anime and DMC2 happened in the same year.

Yeap, Before the Nightmare states that the Anime and 2 were 10 years prior to DMC5

So, Dante's age is like:

- 18 Years in the manga (10 years after he lost his mother)

- 19 in DMC3 (One year after)

- 28 in DMC1 (Stated by Kamiya)

- 33~~35 during Anime, Novel Vol 2 and DMC2

- 37~~39 during DMC4 (Stated to be "almost 40")

Before the Nightmare's prologue is 5 years after 4. Nico says that year had passed since she met Nero and he lost his arm in that same chapter. So DMC5 is 6 years after 4

- 43~~45 during DMC5

If by accepting this does that mean the events in the novels and manga will be considered canon by us? Will they get another tier upgrade?

Or do we make like a composite version of some of the characters like other profiles?

Back