• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that one of the exact passages used for the Possibly Low 2-C justification?

It's honestly hilarious how these clear cut higher tiered feats come out of no where with the introduction of DMC5's spin-offs and novels despite how long they have existed which is literally since the beginning.

DarkGrath said:
Whew boy, okay.
There's a lot of different, disconnected points of information that need to be discussed in this CRT. What order should we go about it? Generally you'd start with the strongest argument first, and weakest argument last. Of the four statements, how would they be ordered?
Dunno if you need the advice now but I believe you start out with the canon manga Nightmare statements followed by the guide books various statements and then prove why it isn't an outlier for Nightmare.Finally, finish off with who would and wouldn't scale.

Cripes, Dante keeps getting stronger and stronger, 3-A used to be wank huh?

Just know you guys have my support even if I can't help a lot

Dienomite22 said:
DarkGrath said:
Whew boy, okay.
There's a lot of different, disconnected points of information that need to be discussed in this CRT. What order should we go about it? Generally you'd start with the strongest argument first, and weakest argument last. Of the four statements, how would they be ordered?
Dunno if you need the advice now but I believe you start out with the canon manga Nightmare statements followed by the guide books various statements and then prove why it isn't an outlier for Nightmare.Finally, finish off with who would and wouldn't scale.
Thank you, this is quite helpful. I've been doing a second playthrough of Dark Souls, so I haven't actually started work on it yet today i know, kill me for spending time playing games but I'll get to it now.

Galens said:
Find something else on WIKI (take it easy) It seems that in that book, Dante mentions that it would be better for Nightmare to escape and destroy the underworld.
ÒâèÒéñÒâêÒâíÒéó

Ú¡öÕ©ØÒüîõ║║Úûôþòîõ¥Áµö╗ÒéƵäÅÕø│ÒüùÒüªÕëÁÚÇáÒüùÒüƒþöƒÒüìÒüªÒüäÒéïÕàÁÕÖ¿ÒüºÒééÒüéÒéèõ©èþ┤ܵé¬Ú¡öÒüºÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüùÒüïÒüùþá┤ÕúèÒü«Òü┐ÒéÆþø«þÜäÒü¿ÒüùÒüªõ¢£ÒüúÒüƒµòàÒü½ÒÇüÕêÂÕ¥íÕø░ÚøúÒüºÚ¡öþòîÒüÖÒéëµ╗àÒü╝ÒüùÒüïÒü¡Òü¬ÒüäÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüÒüôÒéîÒü½þäªÒéèÒéƵäƒÒüÿÒüƒÒâáÒâ│ÒâëÒéÑÒé╣Òü»ÒÇüµïÿµØƒÞíúÒü¿Òü¬Òéïþ┤ïþ½áÒü«þÁÉþòîÕåàÒüºÒü«Òü┐þö¿ÒüäÒéïõ║ïÒü½ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

ÕñºÚçÅÒü«Ú¬¿ÒüîµÁ«ÒüïÒéôÒüºÒüäÒéïÒé╣Òâ®ÒéñÒâáÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬Õ¢óþèÂÒüºÒÇüþø©µëïÒéÆÞç¬ÕêåÒü«õ¢ôÒü½ÕÅûÒéèÞ¥╝ÒéôÒüºµé¬ÕñóÒü«þ®║ÚûôÒü©ÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒÇéÒâÇÒâíÒâ╝Òé©ÒéÆõ©ÄÒüêÒéïÒüƒÒéüÒü½Òü»Õæ¿Õø▓Òü½ÒüéÒéïþÁÉþòîÞúàþ¢«ÒéÆÞÁÀÕïòÒüòÒüøÒÇüµ£¼õ¢ôÒéÆÕç║þÅ¥ÒüòÒüøÒéïÕ┐àÞªüÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüùÒüïÒüùµ£¼õ¢ôÒéÆÕç║þÅ¥ÒüòÒüøÒüªÒééÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÚÜøÚÿ▓Þíøµ£¼Þâ¢ÒüîÚ½ÿÒü¥ÒéèÒÇüÒâƒÒéÁÒéñÒâ½ÒéäÒâôÒâ╝ÒâáÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒüúÒüƒÕàÁÕÖ¿µö╗µÆâÒéƵë▒Òüåõ╗ûÒÇüõ¢ôÒü«õ©ÇÚâ¿ÒéÆÕñëÕ¢óÒüòÒüøÒüªµºìÒéäÒâûÒâ╝ÒâíÒâ®Òâ│Òü½ÕñëÒüêÒüªµö╗µÆâÒüÖÒéïõ║ïÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒü¬ÒüèÒÇüÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒü»ÒÇúþø┤ÒüôÒüäÒüñÒüîµÜ┤ÞÁ░ÒüùÒüªÚ¡öþòîÞç¬õ¢ôÒüîµ╗àÒéôÒüÿÒü¥ÒüêÒü░Þë»ÒüäÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®Òü¬ÒÇìÒü¿ÒÇüõ©èÞ¿ÿµö╗þòѵ£¼Òü½ÒüªÒé│ÒâíÒâ│ÒâêÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

That book is really necessary to know what is happening.
I'm writing up the CRT now. Could you remind me which book this is? There are several strategy guides and books that have been mentioned so far, and I'd like to make sure that the specific sources are explicitly mentioned.

Alright everyone, I've got a good amount of work done on the CRT. However, it is nowhere near finished and I'm quickly confusing myself because it's nearly midnight here. The Google Doc for it is available here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14LMl8452XHE-GUQmQEHFrmSbqZfPT25ljdWkIb4d1XY/edit?usp=sharing

Note that anyone can view or edit this doc. If we're gonna work together on this CRT, I would like a bit of help with explaining the current feats and statements. Thank y'all in advance for your support and help!

also, I have a copy of it's current edit on my computer, so don't try and vandalise it owo

It's from a guide book called Devil May Cry Kaitai Shinsho ( ÒâçÒâôÒâ½ÒâíÒéñÒé»Òâ®ÒéñÞºúõ¢ôþ£ƒµø©) or Devil May Cry Book of Deconstructions.

Wasn't this passage also from that book?

"Nightmare.

An inorganic entity that mechanically obeys the commands of the Demon Emperor (it is unknown if it has any will). If it keeps releasing its power, which can be said to be infinite, the stability of the Demon World would be at risk. The Demon Emperor restrained his will to prevent him from running wild."

Does that mean it has two separate passages about Nightmare?

By the way, if you don't mind, if you access the link please let me know on here. There are currently two other people on the document, and I want to make sure they are from the VBW. Is anyone currently viewing the document?

I see. I simply bring this up since it says two anonymous users are viewing the document, and nobody has announced their presence.

... I'm currently viewing it. The email associated it "Takofings" in case it shows up.

Also good luck with the revision. Based on previous DMC CRTs ... It is going to either go smoothly or very ugly.

I see, thank you for letting me know. You're free to edit it if you wish, I could use the help. :D

An inorganic entity that mechanically obeys the commands of the Demon Emperor (it is unknown if it has any will). If it keeps releasing its power, which can be said to be infinite, the stability of the Demon World would be at risk. The Demon Emperor restrained his will to prevent him from running wild.

It's just a little paragraph from the book about Nightmare's profile, this is more extensive since being a guide, it shows more things but that was all I could get.

Dante commented in the above strategy book, "Honestly it would be nice if the demon world runs away and the demon world itself is destroyed."

This other segment belongs to the Japanese wiki where they mention that in the same book Dante makes this comment, unfortunately that part I could not find it since there are no scans of the whole book (excuse me if that was all I could get).

Alright, so, I've mentioned the quote in Visions of V and the two statements in the strategy guide. That's 3 pieces of evidence. Wasn't there a fourth one? What am I missing?

I would really like to have that book and thus be able to verify the full profile of the characters. In addition to how curious it is that Dante comments within these.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Guys, please take a look at this blog post
I think we should give DMC5 Dante those renders, since his key is about his awakened state which uses the Devil Sword Dante
Why did you give Dante a definite Low 2-C rating?

Every fodder Demon and their mother pretty much have certain universal techniques like Demonic aura/energy manipulation for stuff like Teleportation/dimensional travel, Immortality and soul manipulation because the very nature of the series dictate it (demon evade humanworld theme, enemies appear out of nowhere to fight you).

The 3 protagonist, including Nero, ought to be very familiar with these also since he had fully realised his demon powers now.

Since Nero has become the go to MC now, I wouldnt mind a DLC about Nero where he, for some important reason, invades the Demon realm to fight an emerging emperior-level threat in the first demon emperior which Mundus eventually replaced. A DLC that will specifically explore the demonworld and its history from the beginning.

I personally don't like the idea, to explore the Demon world it would ne better to see it from the eyes of someone who has a deeper connection to it (Vergil, Dante, Sparda) and for example, using Sparda we could get to see how Mundus killed the previous God and how Sparda killed Mundus.

Although I like the mystery behind the legend of Sparda because they don't explain much about it, I really like the idea of a prequel with Sparda as the protagonist and its origins.

Maxnumb231 said:
Someone told me that Nero is weaker than Nightmare is that true? Also what does Nero scale to.
Yes, Nightmare would be stronger than DMC4 Nero.Nero has no scaling connected to Nightmare that would make him as strong as Nightmare.

Alright, I'm back to working on the CRT! Could I get a link to the Japanese Wiki where Dante's quote came from as a source?

That Nightmare thing needs to be sourced. I looked that supposed guide quote up and found no other website citing it.

I find this Nightmare stuff everywhere on Japanese wikis and things, almost as if it's common knowledge on the Eastern side of the community.If we dig long enough I'm sure a scan would pop up

Yes, Nightmare would be stronger than DMC4 Nero.Nero has no scaling connected to Nightmare that would make him as strong as Nightmare.

Who was talking about DMC4? If i ssid nero thats his current self unless it is specific.

@Maxnumb231

Oh, then no.It should be obvious that current Nero and most of not all the God tiers a far stronger than Nightmare.Their tiering would be adjusted to reflect that.

Dienomite22 said:
@Maxnumb231

Oh, then no.It should be obvious that current Nero and most of not all the God tiers a far stronger than Nightmare.Their tiering would be adjusted to reflect that.
Someone told me that nightmare is superior is the fact Nero only fought exhausted vergil so it wouldnt scale nero to universal

@Maxnumb231 That might've been a joke, it's ridiculous to think that Vergil became that weak or was that weak during that fight and Vergil is forced to DT early in his fight with Nero vs his fight with Dante so Vergil was trying his hardest against Nero with what he had.A tired DMC5 Vergil should be able to fodderize even Argosax or Mundus if a beyond casual DMC2 Dante could.

My apologies, everyone, for my inactivity. I got Sekiro earlier today and I've been ownin' it

As for the CRT, I think Dienomite's suggestion to find scans is probably best. I honestly don't have any problem with using the Japanese wiki as a source, mind you, but actually getting a scan of the quote instead of relying on a wiki statement would go leaps and bounds for the validity of the evidence.

Are you sure? It's entirely your choice whether you get involved in the thread or not, mind you, and don't let me say otherwise. It's just that it seems people were hoping to get your opinion on the topic.

Well, I believe "controversial" is too much of a word here, since all of the opposition's arguments were shot down, and they haven't responded yet. People were mostly waiting for your input all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back