• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me elaborate on the outlier point.

What I meant was that Dante's Tier is currently based on having beaten Griffon, who is 7-B. But that was an extremely casual stomp, which could be considered comparable to the extremely casual Relativistic feat from Mundus in terms of effort. If the relativistic feat doesn't make higher feats an outlier, should that same principle be applied here? Again, I'm not sure.

the "If it keeps releasing its power", which can be said to be infinite" is the key part here.That implies Nightmare's shear power is the thing that would lay waste to the demon world.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Alright so

If we can, we should try to work together on this one and see if we can gather some feats that wouldn't make this a massive outlier.

Things like The Savior's realms, the supernova statement, etc.

This does seem usable, and I do think we can scale DMC1 Dante to it. Especially given that he is the only one to be shown fighting Nightmare and overpowering him. Every other demon in the series is shown to be massively below him, to the point where nothing can even harm him during DMC5.

Granted, we have a major burden of proof and an uphill argument to win, since outlier is the name of the game.
We don't need any of that if we take this

We also have Griffon, who knew Sparda, saying that Dante was already comparable to him in DMC1

And if we take Abigail as comparable to a Demon King, boom, consistency, which also fits with the fact that Dante was OP af in DMC2 which is around the same year from the anime, maybe 1 or 2 years after

However, Base Dante being comparable to Sparda doesn't make any sense, since he needed the Sparda to fight Mundus, and if you try to use any other DA, the game says that "you don't stand a chance against Mundus with this"

And Abigail being sealed by a random sorcerer isn't...that great for him in scalling lol

That is exactly what I meant, although the best translation was the one indicated, it is still a bit ambiguous.

I know, that's what I mean.

If we want this to go through, the best way is to ensure there is no way to argue against it. Where even calls of outlier seem ridiculous on their face due to the sheer evidence and logic.

We don't need another three thread long war like the 3-A upgrades.

This seems pretty simple honestly.With the info we currently have we know he's stronger than every general barring Nelo who was given power by Mundus, is considered a threat by Mundus and has 2 at minimum 4-A possibly 3-A statements and 1 statement that can be interpreted as 3-A.Dante having trouble with Abigail doesn't matter since scaling wise Abigail would naturally scale to Dante and Abigail being sealed by a sorcerer wouldn't matter since it's sealing which naturally ignores anything 3 dimensional or High 3-A, which Abigail would have been (3-A).

Kep is against considering Abigail a Mundus level demon, but if we take him as 3-A, yeah, it's rather easy to see the consistency here, Dante would be near, but obviously not equal to Sparda, which would explain why he can't defeat Mundus without the Daddy's Sword, and he would scale to what, "At least 4-A, possibly/likely 3-A" ?

Griffon's statement also helps, and a lot tho

Find something else on WIKI (take it easy) It seems that in that book, Dante mentions that it would be better for Nightmare to escape and destroy the underworld.

ÒâèÒéñÒâêÒâíÒéó

Ú¡öÕ©ØÒüîõ║║Úûôþòîõ¥Áµö╗ÒéƵäÅÕø│ÒüùÒüªÕëÁÚÇáÒüùÒüƒþöƒÒüìÒüªÒüäÒéïÕàÁÕÖ¿ÒüºÒééÒüéÒéèõ©èþ┤ܵé¬Ú¡öÒüºÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüùÒüïÒüùþá┤ÕúèÒü«Òü┐ÒéÆþø«þÜäÒü¿ÒüùÒüªõ¢£ÒüúÒüƒµòàÒü½ÒÇüÕêÂÕ¥íÕø░ÚøúÒüºÚ¡öþòîÒüÖÒéëµ╗àÒü╝ÒüùÒüïÒü¡Òü¬ÒüäÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüºÒüéÒéèÒÇüÒüôÒéîÒü½þäªÒéèÒéƵäƒÒüÿÒüƒÒâáÒâ│ÒâëÒéÑÒé╣Òü»ÒÇüµïÿµØƒÞíúÒü¿Òü¬Òéïþ┤ïþ½áÒü«þÁÉþòîÕåàÒüºÒü«Òü┐þö¿ÒüäÒéïõ║ïÒü½ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

ÕñºÚçÅÒü«Ú¬¿ÒüîµÁ«ÒüïÒéôÒüºÒüäÒéïÒé╣Òâ®ÒéñÒâáÒü«ÒéêÒüåÒü¬Õ¢óþèÂÒüºÒÇüþø©µëïÒéÆÞç¬ÕêåÒü«õ¢ôÒü½ÕÅûÒéèÞ¥╝ÒéôÒüºµé¬ÕñóÒü«þ®║ÚûôÒü©ÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒÇéÒâÇÒâíÒâ╝Òé©ÒéÆõ©ÄÒüêÒéïÒüƒÒéüÒü½Òü»Õæ¿Õø▓Òü½ÒüéÒéïþÁÉþòîÞúàþ¢«ÒéÆÞÁÀÕïòÒüòÒüøÒÇüµ£¼õ¢ôÒéÆÕç║þÅ¥ÒüòÒüøÒéïÕ┐àÞªüÒüîÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒüùÒüïÒüùµ£¼õ¢ôÒéÆÕç║þÅ¥ÒüòÒüøÒüªÒééÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÚÜøÚÿ▓Þíøµ£¼Þâ¢ÒüîÚ½ÿÒü¥ÒéèÒÇüÒâƒÒéÁÒéñÒâ½ÒéäÒâôÒâ╝ÒâáÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒüúÒüƒÕàÁÕÖ¿µö╗µÆâÒéƵë▒Òüåõ╗ûÒÇüõ¢ôÒü«õ©ÇÚâ¿ÒéÆÕñëÕ¢óÒüòÒüøÒüªµºìÒéäÒâûÒâ╝ÒâíÒâ®Òâ│Òü½ÕñëÒüêÒüªµö╗µÆâÒüÖÒéïõ║ïÒééÒüéÒéïÒÇéÒü¬ÒüèÒÇüÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒü»ÒÇúþø┤ÒüôÒüäÒüñÒüîµÜ┤ÞÁ░ÒüùÒüªÚ¡öþòîÞç¬õ¢ôÒüîµ╗àÒéôÒüÿÒü¥ÒüêÒü░Þë»ÒüäÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®Òü¬ÒÇìÒü¿ÒÇüõ©èÞ¿ÿµö╗þòѵ£¼Òü½ÒüªÒé│ÒâíÒâ│ÒâêÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

That book is really necessary to know what is happening.

The Abigail Dante fought wouldn't be Mundus level only Nightmare's level who is at least 4-A and could be interpreted as somewhere around 3-A which happens to be the same tier as Mundus but obviously not as strong and doesn't scale directly or even indirectly to Mundus.

"Nightmare It is a living weapon and a senior devil created by the Emperor with the intention of invading the human world. However, because it was made for the purpose of destruction only, it was difficult to control and even the magic world could be destroyed, and Mundus who felt impatient with this decided to use it only within the boundary of the crest that would be a restraining garment. In the shape of a slime with a lot of bones floating, you take your opponent into your body and fly to the nightmare space. In order to give damage, it is necessary to activate the surrounding barrier device and make the main body appear. However, even if the main body appears, the defense instinct increases, handling weapon attacks such as missiles and beams, and transforming parts of the body into spears and boomerangs to attack. In addition, Dante commented in the above strategy book, "Honestly it would be nice if the demon world runs away and the demon world itself is destroyed."

Also, a definitive statement that Dante gets transported to another dimension when he goes inside Nightmare

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but in just a few minutes I think I could make the CRT? it's not like I can destroy my reputation more owo

Demon world seems to be infinite at this point given the actual word using "infinite". Last time the statements regards to demon world is "endless"

Well, it'd be good to take a lot of time to refine and work out the arguments. I'd reccomend putting it down into a google doc and then letting the other members of this group comment on it for refinement.

In other words, whoever makes the CRT should do a rough draft in a google doc and then the rest of the boys here can comment and refine.

Think of it like forging a sword, I guess. Taking time to ensure nothing can go wrong.

Well, DarkGrath is one of the best in CRTs, I vote for him XD

But before the CRT, it would be good to see if ma boi Rebuble and some other supporters have something to add, and also, we need proper translations

Dienomite22 said:
@Galens
thanks for finding the quotes and stuff
No problem, although I still have doubts about the scale, I have nothing against not giving them the information. Now I will see if I can find something about the size of the underworld and things like that.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Well, DarkGrath is one of the best in CRTs, I vote for him XD
But before the CRT, it would be good to see if ma boi Rebuble and some other supporters have something to add, and also, we need proper translations
Why am I considered the best for CRT's? The main thing I do whenever I make a CRT is piss someone off. XD

But yeah, I'll go along with KnightOfSunlight's suggestion and make a Google Doc so we can all have a word in. It's been a long time since I last used Google Doc's, but I'll be done soon enough. :D

"And lol, even Dante says "Maaan it would be good if this thing destroys the demon world lol""

KEK I can hear this in Dante's voice lol.

Whew boy, okay.

There's a lot of different, disconnected points of information that need to be discussed in this CRT. What order should we go about it? Generally you'd start with the strongest argument first, and weakest argument last. Of the four statements, how would they be ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back