• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

That's easy

1. Make a CRT about Mundus creating a universe
  2. Get it accepted, which is easy. Everyone's getting upgrades like it's christmas these days
  3. Make a CRT about the MFTL speed from the universe

I mean, if we get some feat like that in a sequel/prequel made by someone comparable to Mundus/Argosax/Sparda then we will finally get MFTL+ Dante.

Even if Mundus creation feat gets accepted, which is VERY unlikely, that speed feat is completely wrong, it's based on:

- Mundus dimension being a whole Universe in size, which is not, we just see starts and that's 4-A at best

- That every single attack from Mundus scales to the speed of his Dimension Creation, which is unlikely

- And that Dante reacted to it, which he didn't

None of these 3 makes sense, so no

Tony di bugalu said:
I don't think it counts as resistance, it's part of a scripted part of the gameplay and it was made to look cool. Nero doesn't even receive damage in game.
That doesn't really matter tbf. And if you look closely at the animation, you'll see that Vergil actually tries to bisect Nero, but fails to do so. The sheer fact that Nero fought Vergil and was safe and sound in the following cutscene points towards him being resistant to Yamato's space-cutting

The Mundus dimension feat is undeniable at this point, it's legitimacy as a creation feat can't be twisted or contorted now that we know it's literally Mundus' dimension and a seperate space.The only thing that's debatable is wether it's 4-A or 3-A but that doesn't matter to me, it's great supporting evidence for 3-A either way and worth being in the justification of his tier and AP.Now trying to use the creation of the dimension for a speed calc doesn't feel right and seems faulty.

I don't see why it wouldn't be 3-A.

Kamiya replied to a native Japanese guy confirming the feat to be of universal scale in Japanese, and he doesn't tend to troll questions coming from native speakers of his own language.

It is more of a supporting thing at this point.

And the idea it isn't creation has been broken to shreds at this point. Nine other 3-A to Tier 2 feats in the verse, coupled with guidebook confirmation that it is a separate space belonging by Mundus, which, together with the fact we see it being created and filled up on screen, only leaves the obvious option. There were only two options to begin with, since the dimension was filled-up on-screen and it faded upon his defeat; creation or illusion. With the latter being debunked by the guidebook, only creation is possible.

Saying it is "very unlikely" is the same as saying the Earth being round is "very unlikely"

ParadoxIndifferent said:
I don't see why it wouldn't be 3-A.
Kamiya replied to a native Japanese guy confirming the feat to be of universal scale in Japanese, and he doesn't tend to troll questions coming from native speakers of his own language.
I agree but people still have problems with trusting his words and take them for trolling.....despite his answer being consistant over the course of months.

I've already mentioned that speed feat in a previous CRT. Unfortunately, while it does seem to be "fast" in some sense, even if it were considered valid it wouldn't fit the requirements for movement, combat or reaction speed. So no, it's not applicable here.

Well, Dante does kinda react to the universe's expansion speed, since he braces himself after Mundus waves his arms and it begins to expand.

Would be an outlier tho.

You guys didn't understood Matt that time, right ?

A Universe can have ANY size, I repeat, ANY, it can be room sized or much bigger than our own, the fact is that we see STARS (Which is questionable) in that Dimension, no Galaxies or whatever reason that makes that dimension a "Observable Universe Sized" Creation, if the feat is valid, it's 4-A at the very best, going by our standards

Saying that it is a "Universe" isn't enough to say that it have at least the same size of our own

And it doesn't scale to their speed

The feat that you guys should take a look is this one, which is muuuuuuuch more reliable and consistent with the verse

Dude you seem a little bit too peeved by this. I think we all know that the feat doesn't matter and is wrong, we're just discussing the Mundus universe feat.

Like, I get it, but c'mon man. We're talking, not debating.

TFW you post a calc that is not acceptable and a meme at this point even if the character in question was 3-A and people still went nuts because of it.

But like KoS said: "DMC's true power is to turn everything into a shitpost "

1. Yeah, we all know that a location can be either room-sized or universe-sized. No one here is a third-grader.

2. That is wrong. Whenever something is called a universe, it is assumed to have size equal to ours by default in this wiki. And it is stated to be the same size either way.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
1. Yeah, we all know that a location can be either room-sized or universe-sized. No one here is a third-grader.

2. That is wrong. Whenever something is called a universe, it is assumed to have size equal to ours by default in this wiki. And it is stated to be the same size either way.
Except that the visuals don't show any Universe-sized dimension, just some stars

If it was on...a novel, for example, saying only "he created a Universe", then yeah, maybe, but here we have a visual that goes against being Universe-sized, actually even the stars are questionable in this case, and the fact that it can a BFR since we have some characters that showed to have dimensions for them, like Trismagia in DMC2

It's a At least 4-A feat going by what we see and assuming Creation, possibly 3-A but we don't have much info to say this for sure, besides Kamiya saying "UNiVErsEEE HuHuHuHuh"

However, this feat is completely useless for Ap or speed so yeah

Dante Demon Killah said:
Except that the visuals don't show any Universe-sized dimension, just some stars

If it was on...a novel, for example, saying only "he created a Universe", then yeah, maybe, but here we have a visual that goes against being Universe-sized, actually even the stars are questionable in this case, and the fact that it can a BFR since we have some characters that showed to have dimensions for them, like Trismagia in DMC2

It's a At least 4-A feat going by what we see and assuming creation
We're talking about Kamiya's WoG stating it's a universe and it's the size of our own,

The stars aren't at all questionable and unless you have proof that they're something other than stars.And no, it's not BFR, the dimension is explicitly stated to be Mundus' space so it came from him.

> We have a visual that goes against being Universe-sized

Please show this discovery.

> and the fact that it can a BFR since we have some characters that showed to have dimensions for them

Nope, guidebook states it is a space Mundus created.

> It's a At least 4-A feat going by what we see and assuming Creation, possibly 3-A but we don't have much info to say this for sure, besides Kamiya saying "UNiVErsEEE HuHuHuHuh"

Kamiya saying it was a universe twice, then telling a native Japanese speaker that it was the same size as our own universe, yea.

We have (I think), but "created by Mundus" doesn't make it Universe-sized, and we still don't know if he created that before (like a private pocket dimension that he already had) and sended Dante to there in their fight, or if he creates that for that battle only at that time

And without a Timeframe, we can't say what tier it would be

ParadoxIndifferent said:
Kamiya saying it was a universe twice, then telling a native Japanese speaker that it was the same size as our own universe, yea.
Don't forget about he gave the same answers about half a year apart too

Dante Demon Killah said:
We have (I think), but "created by Mundus" doesn't make it Universe-sized, and we still don't know if he created that before (like a private pocket dimension that he already had) and sended Dante to there in their fight, or if he creates that for that battle only at that time
And without a Timeframe, we can't say what tier it would be
I mean this would all be answered if we use, you know....WoG.

It would be 4-A regardless since you can't prove it was an overtime thing and it's performed by a 3-A possibly low 2-c being .

> We have (I think), but "created by Mundus" doesn't make it Universe-sized

No. The fact that it is stated to be a universe and universe-sized multiple times is what makes it universe-sized. No offense but you have to stop with this habit of rambling about random stuff that nobody said instead of focusing on anything that matters.

> And we still don't know if he created that before and sended Dante to there in their fight

I have yet to see an example of teleportation where a character waves their arms and then a whole world is shown filling itself up and spreading around them, with the number of stars growing from one scene to the other. If it is stated to be a realm he created, and we're shown something that looks amazingly like creation in the process he takes them there, and it fades upon his defeat, why the hell would we assume anything else? Just to murder Occam's Razor.

Though this is completely irrelevant to argue about since him creating it before or after the fight wields the same tier.

> And without a Timeframe, we can't say what tier it would be

This is wrong, yet again. Whenever we're faced with statements or feats of universal creation in this wiki, we always assume it's 3-A by default, unless it's outright stated it was overtime.

Please show this discovery

Watch their fight, you'll see stars, not a Universe

Nope, guidebook states it is a space Mundus created.

I was remembering this, do you have a scan ?

He can say 9348579024857547678596234798563497856234857 times that it is a Universe, doesn't change nothing, he saying that it is Universe-sized, however, might be enough to consider as a 3-A feat, for sure

> Watch their fight, you'll see stars, not a Universe

...I'm speechless. I guess that literally every single Earth in any Fictional Franchise out there is only country-sized because a good portion of series never go outside a single country. Because apparently having stuff that a universe would have inside it somehow is something that goes "against" it being universe-sized.

Where is the punchline.

> I was remembering this, do you have a sca

Some post Rebuble made on this thread, just CTRL+F

> He can say 9348579024857547678596234798563497856234857 times that it is a Universe, doesn't change nothing

He only needs to say 1 time, though he said it at least thrice. Our standards on the matter override any other options.

Back