• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

I mean I'm saying it as what I've saw and read lol.

Real talk, I really wonder in what context that means. Since that can be interpreted in a lot of ways.

https://********.org/data/fc3e6e85e3eed68e3ddc33702e735304/x3.jpg

Yeah this part right here is exactly what I said...that and by being prompted to restrain it, it says Mundus FEARED its power...which sounds iffy and off considering where Mundus sits at in the series power ladder.

The OG/Raw ver of this is likely to be different from what was TL'd.

Oh, I know I read it.I just want to see if the RAW tranlastion is different from the ******** one.I hear ******** is usally accurate but I just want to make sure.

I don't think the translation is that wrong.Mundus fear of creating something stronger than him was an idea that first appeared in DMC Volume 2.Mundus, during the creation of Nightmare, is still sealed and this Mundus according to the BTN is weak enough to lose to a fully healthy DMC3 Dante and Vergil and also the Nightmare Dante fought is a restricted version of the one Mundus created so the prime and unrestricted Nightmare probably wouldn't scale to anybody but Mundus.

Point.

Even if the fear part is taken out, Nightmare being able to "lay waste to even the Demon World" is something we need to make sure on...especially in terms of context.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Point.
Even if the fear part is taken out, Nightmare being able to "lay waste to even the Demon World" is something we need to make sure on...especially in terms of context.
most definitely

Is it possible that he feared its power not because it would kill him but because it would start destroying what he wanted to rule? Or start killing his other generals?

Back