• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

Ah. So it's not known but it comes from the idea that Dante can go from figing someone comparable or equal to him to just murking them instantly.

Dayum~

Yo, there is something I'm still really curious about.

Are there any characters who could fight a Bloodlusted DMC5 Nero well?

i'm only doing this because i want to be able to make the joke that he got called deadweight before the match started so therefore he's bloodlusted

Yeah, I'm aware. Still, with some quite notable AP + being bloodlusted, I'm sure there should at least be some 3-A's or Low 2-C's that are comparable to him (though I'd put more faith in finding a good 3-A match than a Low 2-C match, hax start to get ridiculous fast around Low 2-C).

You ain't finding any goof match he either has the ap advantage or not and looking at most of Dante/Vergil fights he can't compete with those two who has a lot of of ways to go around dura or broken inmortalities.

Nero's in a weird spot. Since he doesn't have as much content on him as Dante does, he doesn't have as many abilities. He's obviously more down to earth than Dante in terms of powers and resistances.

Hopefully, when we get more material on him, he'll gain MORE POWER and begin to live up to his uncle's image.

Yeah, I feel bad for him.

He has fewer hax and the ones he shares with his family are gimped.

Part of me wants to say he should get the same resistances as Dante due to being on a comparable level and theoretically being capable of doing the same things he has (like no-selling Arogosax).

But I get why we can't quite do that.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Part of me wants to say he should get the same resistances as Dante due to being on a comparable level and theoretically being capable of doing the same things he has (like no-selling Arogosax).
But I get why we can't quite do that.
Maybe the same for Sparda and Vergil?

Don't think Nero and "hax" is a problem. He is already the highest class of being in a verse littered with all kinds of hax. Remember that he actually absorbs things into himself and demonstrates of what he had absorbed (i.e Credo's shield). Even now he still has the Yamato stuff. He could probably absorb the ragtime DB as it's a demonic power

Anyway, I just noticed that Nero completely retrained both Dante and Vergil during that SDT clash, even their weapons (DSD and Yamato) were both restrained.
KyMIcU8

From that scene I thought he had some sort of Power Null because both Dante and Vergil de transformed.

But Nero lacks the Yamato and until we don't get any confirmation if he still has the properties of the sword he lacks dura negation.

The only hax he has os ragtime and just that.

@Flare

Nah, they detransformed to create a scene of interest for us and probably it's harder to animate the SDT so it could save money.

Tony di bugalu said:
But Nero lacks the Yamato and until we don't get any confirmation if he still has the properties of the sword he lacks dura negation.
The only hax he has os ragtime and just that.
Well he still has the abilities that was given to him by the sword, along with spatial glass cutting effects when he perform those moves, he likely still has the durability negating properties if he still has the abilities the Yamato gave him and it would require proof to prove otherwise

No, if you are claiming something then you have to prove it, not the one sayin he can't.

And in this case he lost it and until there is no other things saying he can still use the properties of Yamato then he can't.

He is deadweight lol

No, you have to look at what gaining the Yamato gave him in the first place which was Durability Negation, Summoned Swords, Maximum Bet, Showdown, Energy Projection.He still has all of those abilities in DMC5 but for some reason would not have durability negation?Isn't that strange?

We know DMC5 Nero after gaining his own DT allowed him to used abilities that he absorbed with his DB from DMC4 like Hold (gained from absorbing a part of Credo's power) and Snatch (gained from absorbing the evil skull thing) meaning he never lost those abilites after absorbing them, so its 100% possible that Nero absorbed apart of Yamato, just as he did with Credo.

I'm pretty sure that hold and snatch were there since the beginning and getting them later is gameplay/game mechanics.

Using and having the yamato gave him energy manipulation, the sword is the one that ignores dura.

Summoned swords, maximum bet and showdown are energy manip/projection.

The summoned swords are energy in the form of swords that has some degree of homing attack.

Maximum bet is energy being thrown in a x pattern.

Showdown is just creating a sword made of energy and using two swords.

Until we have proof of him having dura neg thanks to absorbing yamato or something comparable he lacks it.

Tony di bugalu said:
I'm pretty sure that hold and snatch were there since the beginning and getting them later is gameplay/game mechanics.
Using and having the yamato gave him energy manipulation, the sword is the one that ignores dura.
That's my point, the Yamato's energy should naturally be the durability negation, the sword's energy and long distance slashes with it is the thing known to the durability negation and direct attacks with it's steel rarely negating durability, if at all.

The effects brought about with Nero using Maximum Bet and Showndown is proof enough of somesort of durability negation with the glass shattering effect being there and Nero creating a Yamato projection.

No my guy, snatch was obtained as were many other abilities of the DB throughout DMC4 via absorption.

The only reason Nero even had summon swords, energy blast and other yamato like stuff is because he absorbed them into himself, and in DMC5 he retains that stuff.

Absorption in fact is a concept most fundamental in all DMC media (DMC - DMC5) including the anime. Everybody's either desperately trying to get Sparda's power or some ancient Demon God's power; and in the case of the protagonists, meet some Demon boss, kick its butt and get a form or type of its power... so it's frankly strange that we're even having this argument lol

Didn't Vergil also casually absorb Nero's DB in its entirely for extra power? He took more than just Yamato you know, he took the whole arm.

I say it's a fair exchange between Father and Son; both took "more power" from each other lol

I think that's why Vergil has soul Manip and Dante doesn't. Beowulf didn't give Vergil consent but he was still able to yoink Beo's soul unlike Dante, who got consent from the other devil arms. Though I could be wrong.

Alright bois

Both Devil May Cry and Persona are now almost completely filled with haxxy Low 2-C characters.

Let the games begi

Alright, let's see if we can't do some things to make DMC1 Dante a bit more rounded out, since it seems like we've given him 7-B out of a lack of feats, more than anything.

Since I talked with DMUA about hurricane and storm calcs, I've been interested enough in figuring out just how powerful Griffon's storms could be if they covered all of Mallet Island.

First off, how big is Mallet Island? If Griffon is covering the whole island, it can mean different things based off of how large the actual landmass is. If we can measure it, we can recalc to see how powerful he'd need to be.

Secondly, and a bit more importantly, does the storm show signs of spinning in a cyclone like manner? If it does, we would possibly need to recalc according to hurricane standards. Assuming Category 1 would put Bird Up at roughly 67 megatons, assuming strong instability and a size of ~70 km (on the smaller side for category 1s).

Thirdly, and I think this just outright needs to be done, Dante's tier, even if unchanged, should have an "At Least" attached to it, as he only struggles against 2 foes throughout the entire journey in Mallet Island, those foes being Nelo Angelo (Vergil) and Nightmare. Every other general Dante fights he utterly stomps, and they only survive by running away. Nightmare should be significantly more powerful than the other generals as it was tailor made to kill Dante, and Vergil... I don't think I need to explain.

Anyway, small rant on DMC1's AP over.

1 - We don't know the size of Mallet Island

2 - We don't know if the storm covers the Island or even f it reaches the horizon

Dante, Trish, Nelo Angelo and Griffon scale to Echidna as their primary source for their 7-B rating, the fact that Griffon can create strong instability thunderstorms that likely covers the Island is just a supporting feat

Why they scale to Echidna ? Well, while Echidna is just a Regular Boss Demon, Griffon is a Mundus General stated to be worthy of said title while demons like Berial, Echidna and others are not, and this is related to strengh since Mundus only said that Griffon was unworthy after he was defeated and needed more power to beat Dante, he also should be comparable, if not superior to Nefasturris, who's also a regular boss demon with a 7-B feat

This would make DMC1 cast around 6~9 megatons

We've already (basically) concluded that the feats performed by Mundus and Dante in that fight are at least twice baseline MFTL+, possibly well into millions of times FTL.

While we don't know where they are, we do know it's at least Interstellar space, and that they jump inward to a planetary range in a matter of roughly a second.

Right now, we're just looking for more feats, and into making a possible CRT.

Was going through the DMC wiki and found this:

Devil May Cry 5 Official Art Works ´╝Üõ©ìµ░ùÕæ│Òü¬Õ┤®Õú×ÒüùÒüƒÕóôÕá┤Òü¿ÒÇüÕÇÆÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒü»ÒüÜÒü«ÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒüîþöƒÒüìÒüªÒüäÒüƒÞíصÆâþÜäÒü¬ÒâäÒâ╝Òé¢Òü«Òé╣ÒâåÒâ╝Òé©ÒüºÒüÖÒÇéÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒüîÚ¡öþò╣Òü½ÞÑ▓ÒéÅÒéîÒü¬ÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇüÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒüîÚ¡öþÄïÒüºÒüéÒéïÒâÉÒâ╝ÒâàÒâ½Òü«ÕÅîÕ¡ÉÕàäÕ╝ƒÒüºÒüéÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüïÒéëÒÇüÚ¡öþò╣ÒüîÞ¬ñÞ¬ìÞ¡ÿÒüùÒüƒÒü¿ÒüäÒüàÒéñÒâíÒâ╝ÒâàÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒÇéÒüØÒüàÒüäÒüúÒüƒþÉåþö▒ÒüºÒÇüÚ¡öþÄïÒü«þÄïÕ║ºÒü«ÒéêÒüàÒü½ÕñëÕ¢óÒüùÒüƒÚ¡öþò╣ÒüîÒâÇÒâ│ÒâåÒü«Õæ¿Þ¥║Òü½ÒüéÒéèÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇé(Õ༵ú«)

And according to the wiki it's basically saying because Dante and Vergil are twin brothers, the Qliphoth mistook Dante for Vergil and created an exclusive throne for him.(which was what powered Dante for the month while he was sleep)

Pretty cool

Back