• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

Just to add onto that, regardless of what that means for speed, I highly doubt it could be considered an outlier. While I hate generally using other characters/verses as justification in these circumstances, we've seen characters like Kratos go through absolutely absurd changes in speed between installments (in that particular case, it goes from Hypersonic+ to MFTL+ in just one game). GIven that his current Relativistic speed rating is from his DMC1 depiction, and speed feats are very prone to PIS, I doubt a massive speed feat coming from this event should be considered an outlier.

That is, of course, assuming this is even a calcable speed feat.

Yea, it isn't calcable sadly but Mundus would get an omnipresence rating in speed (but his overall speed would technically sbe relativistic)

Hmm... surely this isn't the only time in fiction someone has been depicted dodging attacks from an omnipresent entity? Are there any other characters on the wiki like that?

Yes but they don't get a speed upgrade with being Omnipresent or dodging Omnipresent attacks.Although Omnipresent is in the Speed catagory it's treated like a state of being rather than a speed feat.Being everywhere within a space doesn't necessarily mean your fast.

Yeah, I understand that it isn't a speed in itself. But the reason it is applied as a speed statistic is because it functions just like speed in a typical circumstance. As it mentions on the page for Speed, on Note 3 it explicitly states "an attack from an omnipresent being is unavoidable with normal speed due to the attack being in every location in the universe at once." While Void Mundus is not exactly truly omnipresent, only within the void, given that Dante was in the Void at the time this logic would still apply.

"an attack from an omnipresent being is unavoidable with normal speed due to the attack being in every location in the universe at once." I think this would only apply if it's explicitly mentioned that a character dodged an attack from an omnipresent being who was attacking from every point in the universe but I could be wrong, I only know that a omnipresence doesn't grant a speed upgrade for some reason.

Huh... I don't know why it wouldn't be considered a speed feat.

yep best strat and you can't die once (well i think it doesn't matter in hell and hell but meh)

permadeath mode for devil may cry ftw

even better: a mode where if you die even once at any point, you HAVE to reset back to the beginning. Items and upgrades you had since are also reset as well for extra punishment

Hmmmmmmmm....

Looking at that manga, we might be able to give conceptual manipulation (type 4) to Yamato/Vergil, since it can seperate "heart" and "power".

Okay so, a question is raised from this manga.

What's the durability rating of something that can take at least 2 CtG lightning bolts without much visible or effective damage?

Aren't lightning bolts like 5 gigajoules or something? DK where exactly that is on the Ap chart here.

For the dura part, probably a good question to be answered someone that knows of that better than I do.

He definitely reacted to Shadows attack, and it was at a pretty close range too.

7-B V would be dope af but I do want to read out the story to see how it goes.

The additional powers for Mundus and Yamato seem alright.

Honestly it would make sense for V to be a 7-B. Everything about Nelo Angelo was cast away by Vergil, right? So it would make sense that he would cast away the power as well, since it was inseperable from Nelo Angelo.

If V does become 7-B then we'd have to change his familiar's teiring to At least 7-B, possibly higher because of them being stated to be stronger than V himself.

It would probably also explain why he has to be the one to bring down the finishing blow, as Griffon points out again in the manga(?) that Nightmares can bring pain to their targets but ultimately not be able to kill them.

Unless ofc V's Familiars can bring V's target down to a point where Vergil can kill them, which REALLY needs to be where the target has to be so weak that even V can kill at that point.

...either one works but I want to hear what others say here seeing as my opinion always ends up bringing more questions or opposition to it. (like Nasu or JJBA recently).

So that means V is At least 8-C because he one shot something that took 2 CtG Lightning bolts. And since we know his cane doesn't have any special powers outside of V enhancing it with magic, this was raw AP.

Especially since the Empusa wasn't at all tired or worn down from being blasted by these bolts.

I've talked about that point a few times before, actually. In the buster animation in the Nero vs Vergil fight, we can see that Vergil attempts to slice Nero in half with the Yamato, but ends up getting it lodged inside him. Vergil has no reason to have been holding back if he genuinely wanted to slice Nero in half, and we can see that his spatial manipulation is good enough to slice through dimensions. As such, surely that is cause to say that the Yamato getting lodged inside Nero would indicate some level of resistance to its effects, including spatial Manip.

Nero getting stabbed with Yamato, take it out, and stab his dad back with his own weapon is the best buster in DMC for me lol.

I don't think it counts as resistance, it's part of a scripted part of the gameplay and it was made to look cool. Nero doesn't even receive damage in game.

Well, both Dante and Nero can take a Judment Cut (which is a durability negation Spatial Manipulation) that is big enough to cut them in pieces but they stay okay, so if Dante have Resistance, I don't see any problem to add this to Nero's Profile

I also add in his profile a statement from Nico that supports Ragtime being a Time Stop aswell

Back