• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 11

It wasn't mean to answer, it was a joke.

But yes, it means his power is on that level when not even that matters, even Merc and his paradoxing bs can coexist.

Then why did you say it?

But yes, it means his power is on that level when not even that matters, even Merc and his paradoxing bs can coexist.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Add another point to the list of things that DMC5 retconned.

DMC5: Before the Nightmare establishes that Argosax and Mundus ruled the Underworld at the same period, and that they were engaged in a great war from the sides split between them before Mundus's armies tried to invade the Human World and Sparda betrayed Mundus.

This does fit with the Bolverk artbook stuff, but it still complicates things a bit.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday.

It isn't that hard to figure out. Mundus got greedy and attempted to conquer the Human World, Sparda beat him and sealed off the Underworld, Argosax seized the opportunity to conquer the rest and was probably not interested in invading petty humans up (and couldn't, since Sparda sealed their world away) until the Dumary Island clan summoned him to the Human World through a ritual.

Then Argosax was defeated by Sparda again, sealed, and then resummoned by TEH KENG OF DIS WARLD in time for Dante to blitz super stomp him and finish what his father never really started.

At least, if my timeline of events is accurate.

KnightOfSunlight said:
His coat cost $8,000 btw.

On a monthly income of $1500.

Of which he can save $100.

What a ******* lad, saved for over 6 and 1/2 years just for some style.
And he gets a slightly different coat every single game.

The absolute mad lad

KnightOfSunlight said:
His coat cost $8,000 btw.

On a monthly income of $1500.

Of which he can save $100.

What a ******* lad, saved for over 6 and 1/2 years just for some style.
That would means he was saving money for this coat before even the event of DMC4.

Dante, the asboulte mad man~

dante loves his style. Damn the madlad in cost is real. More than mine keks

There is something I've been really, really curious about for a long time, but haven't mentioned very often.

Is it possible that Dante's fight with Void Mundus could be grounds for a speed feat?

It explicitly states that Mundus was "the Void itself" and that Dante was inside that void. Yet despite this, he was still somehow able to dodge the void he was in. That sounds like a pretty intense reaction/combat speed feat, but I have absolutely no idea what it would come out to.

I don't think it means anything besides 1.Void Mundus is omnipresent because he is the dimension and 2.Dante can fight an omnipresent being without having to resort to destroying the dimension via nuking, which probably is just some form of NPI.I guess an Omnipresent "upgrade" in Void Mundus' speed is needed

Well, Mundus was the Void, yes, but the Void wasn't everything in that dimension, I mean, not EVERYTHING to the point of Mundus being omnipresent

Dante Demon Killah said:
Well, Mundus was the Void, yes, but the Void wasn't everything in that dimension, I mean, not EVERYTHING to the point of Mundus being omnipresent
Well, the whole meaning of something being a "void" is that there is nothing physical inside it. Physically, if Mundus was the Void and Dante was inside Mundus, he was in a space that had nothing but Mundus in it. That doesn't mean Mundus was necessarily the whole dimension, mind you, but it does mean he was the whole void.

Well, sort of, yeah. Mundus was explicitly stated to be the void itself, and void by definition cannot have anything physical inside of them. It only works for Mundus to be the void because he is not a physical entity (which, if I remember correctly, is where Dante gets his non-physical interaction from). So I suppose that could be considered a form of localised omnipresence, which is where my questioning comes from. Dante was explicitly stated to be dodging Mundus' attacks while in the void, which means he was dodging an omnipresent entity.

Back