• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Do Cal and Bambu want me to post my reasoning/support of the Low End that they agreed with? I also brought this up to Liger who had also commented on the calc and mentioned it to TataHakai since he's vocal about unquantifiable timeframes.

I dont want to go in a complex "talking is a free action" topic or the logic behind why characters decide to do or not do things. We have our 60 second rule as guideline, from which we deviate from time to time given certain circumstances (Mimihagi not needing 60 seconds to travel to the Soul King Palace because of Action X for example). And Erza having a multi-page long inner monolouge is simply just that.

In fact, we even had a thread regarding that matter a while ago:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1716915

Where the majority agreed, aside from the fact that we not only dont use words as an indicator of time, we see it generally as an absolute free action. The grand majority of Calc members, Discussion Mods, Administrators etc. who usually are involved in calcs agreed on that.

Mid end is a good Compromise. In the end we are talking about MHS+ Number A vs MHS+ Number B.

Note: The high end makes similary no sense as the low end tho. Just wanting to point that out.

I don't think anyone else besides the Calc Members were supposed to comment to discuss which end to use. But the Low End was the 60 second timeframe for the meteor to inform everyone again.

ANYONE THATS NOT A CALC MEMBER SHOULD NOT COMMENT ON HERE!

Sorry that I messaging on here but people must know that they can't say anything on here so someone has to say something....

I can ask what calcs they are referring to without being a calc member.

No need to just type a message about it

I'm voting Low-End. I don't see a real reason to take the Mid-End since some passage of time is noted, it wasn't like the meteor instantly hit.

Low-End is standard procedure. Fairy Tail doesn't get a pass unless it needs to, which I have yet to see reasoning for.

Just wanted to mention, that the speed calculation calculates the speed the meteor took to travel from space to the planet's atmopshere, which is 3 panels. The assumed timeframe is used only for that distance, excluding the travel time in the atmopshere.

60 seconds is standard assumption.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HZ-ykYjia...efByVNFouLptKUtzwCHMYBhgL/s16000/0518-015.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RZig1LOoQ...H954ol885aLzLodsgCHMYBhgL/s16000/0518-016.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wkeG7FbGH...E6W1lu0cym3n2nf_ACHMYBhgL/s16000/0518-017.png

-

First page: Meteor enters atmosphere, Erza realizes it.

Second page: Inner monolouge + Gets noticed by others at the same time

Third page: Feat starts

While 60 seconds is the standard assumption, it doesnt mean we close our eyes towards events happening. I understand people saying there is a reason for this happening over the course of a couple seconds. And while I also understand that we have our guidelines, we dont blindly use it without looking left or right.

One page of inner monolouge to build up courage and strenght is what was inbetween first realizing it and the feat starting, nothing else. With talking usually being a free action, one could even disregard that alltogether and argue for a higher end.

But that would make no sense, given that others have still realized an incoming meteor, meaning it was by no means an instantanous event.

As such the middleground is a reasonable compromise.

Lowballing has always been the method of the wiki. I don't see enough context to say this certainly took less than one minute. Inner monologue certainly can show a shift in time.

As you said, the time leads to the same rough result, MHS+. It should make no major difference if we lowball this just like we lowball other feats.

That's true. And as I said, I just don't see enough basis for this to be considered anything other than a standard case. If I am outvoted by impartial parties, by all means, disregard my points. But as of right now, I just don't see it.

Thats fair.

@Cal, contrary to what you might have heard, the feat has not spanned over 8 pages. I linked the events some posts ago. Maybe you can take a look. High end is out of the question.

The real cal howard said:
Inner monologues can take time.

Sorry that i'm commenting here, just wanted to say my opinion on which end.

First of all, the conversation between erza and irene wasn't that long and it can fit into a 20 second or even less time frame and erza coming into contact with the meteor can take 10 second or even less. This adds up to a 30 seconds time frame which makes sense.

Going with the low-end is just as ridiculous as the high-end, and there is no greater justification for it other then saying that it's a wiki guideline.

I agree with the mid end of this calc since it's the only end that actually makes sense, and it perfectly fits into the time frame for everything to take place.

So Have we come to an agreement here, It's pretty vague, but Mr. Bambu, if you're willing to work with the Mid-End that would be great

What happened to just letting the calc members talk here? gosh darn guys just let them decide what they think it isn't that hard. Just stay patient and just read what they say

@Demon

Just wait until they agree on something dude. It's quite obvious that u want the Mid End but don't try to push it into the other calc members that disagree. Just let them do what they need to and no one should comment on here other then calc members THAT WE ALL AGREED TO DO (the reason why I'm typing here is to let y'all know so u guys can stop)

BlackeJan said:
What happened to just letting the calc members talk here? gosh darn guys just let them decide what they think it isn't that hard. Just stay patient and just read what they say
What happened to people stating opinions?

U know that we shouldn't say anything on here since it's obvious that y'all wanna argue for the Mid End and u know they seen what we've written so no opinion is needed here

@Blackejan

Actually if you would check the top of the thread, you'd see that calc members, alongside mitch and me can participate due to us working on it all this time.

Also, if a person has a solid opinion/question, he should be able to post, it just has to be on topic. You are the only one posting offtopic rn

@Captain

And u just ignore the "I'll just graciously exit, and let the calc members do the work" by what Mitch said and no one is off topic since it's part of the OP to not say anything in here unless it's other calc members. And the opinion thing isn't out the window since it's just y'all pushing for a Mid End instead of letting them agree/disagree on this

U know that we shouldn't say anything on here since it's obvious that y'all wanna argue for the Mid End and u know they seen what we've written so no opinion is needed here

When did I argue the Mid End? Never

Also, typing to tell people to not share their opinions or a solid question on a calc is literally doing the one thing you're telling people not to do...

Anyway, about the calc. It only takes around 10 pages for The Whole scene to go by, so I am rather neutral on Mid or Low end, but High End is out of the question as already stated.

BlackeJan said:
@Captain

And u just ignore the "I'll just graciously exit, and let the calc members do the work" by what Mitch said and no one is off topic since it's part of the OP to not say anything in here unless it's other calc members. And the opinion thing isn't out the window since it's just y'all pushing for a Mid End instead of letting them agree/disagree on this
<Doesn't want people to type on a thread to express opinions

<Constantly talks to people about trying to stop them instead of just leaving it be

A little bit hypocritical, just drop it

@BlackeJan

My point still stands. The part of the OP is: "

So While RavenSupreme, along with me, and Captain Torch, has decided to use the Mid-End of the Deus Sema Calc, Real Cal Howard, and Mr. Bambu, believe the Low-End is Best

so this is for Them to resolve, and no one else"

And I am actually one to believe that everyone should be able to post a solid/important question/opinion, he should be able to post, just ontopic.

So yes, you are the only one offtopic(Well me as well now, since I continued the argument. Which is why lets' stop with this)

When I mean't gracefully exit, that was for me at the moment, I merely asked the earlier question, as a sort of Bump, also this does concern me and Captain, we spent a ton of Time with Raven and agreed with the Mid-End

I think it would be best if one or two other calc group members (impartial, if possible) would comment. No offense to Raven, but Raven has been working on the project. They are definitely knowledgeable but have an argument of "possibly not impartial" due to closeness. Sorta like how cop shows always say "yur too close to the case".

Again, if I am outnumbered on the vote of Low-End by other calc group members, I'll cede my point.

I agree with Bambu.

While I am for the mid end, I think some neutral calc members should vote, and state their opinion on this.

Okay. Two is probably preferable, but one will do.

Asked another, honestly this is tiring after talking Back and Forth about Fiore's Diameter, then Talking Back and Forth about this, and then talking Back and Forth about Dragon Cry, I'm gonna need a break after the revisions are done

I think this was mentioned before but the calculation is based on how fast the meteor is falling from when we first see it and when it reaches the planet, that's what the distance is based on.

This takes 3 or so panels, i'm fine with 30 seconds. As Raven said too we've accepted lower timeframes for similar situations.

After reading the comments here and in the blog about what end should be used, I'm leaning towards the Mid-End, the Low-End of 60 seconds is too long for the context of what is happening there in my opinion, also, the meteorite taking over 8 pages to arrive doesn't necessarily mean that the feat would take much longer time than if it were less pages, the context is essential when the timeframe is assumed, and their inner monologues can still fit perfectly in a timeframe of 30 seconds.

Then there you go. Mid-End is accepted.

Thank you for your Input, So 3 Calc Members agree with the Mid-End, 2 of which came in with an Unbiased opinion, so that will be what we use, thank you everyone, I think the discussion is finished

Back