• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Design of Dante's profile

I look at this bulky wall of Dante's resistances, abilities and skills in his various versions and realize that it's really hard to figure it out.
What do you think about taking the design idea from the Garou profile (OPM) and design all the links in the best possible way?

While I do agree that Dante's profile is a cluttered mess, I don't think that making it look like Garou's profile would make it look better. The reason Garou's profile works is because bullet point lists are really good for profiles of characters that don't have that many abilities.

I look at this bulky wall of Dante's resistances, abilities and skills in his various versions and realize that it's really hard to figure it out.
What do you think about taking the design idea from the Garou profile (OPM) and design all the links in the best possible way?
Dante is a massive wall of hax. Most of his abilities are already handled by the Demon Physiology page, and the bullet points would actually make Dante look tenfold worse just because he has that many abilities shared by a crapton of Demons in the verse and his own unique abilities.

Same reason why we can't bullet-point Kirby's profile. Eventually it reaches a stage where it would become too cluttered to even properly operate.

Simply put, bullet points can only get you so far, after you keep going beyond 50 abilities, they sort of stop making sense altogether.

I'm currently imagining a Dante page with something like a hundred bullet points on it... I don't see how that would be anything but negative. It might be possible to clean up the abilities section a bit, but that isn't the way, I don't think.

Dante's profile being large isn't the issue. The issue is the profile is just a wall of blue text that is physically painful to look at. You can not differentiate dante's separate abilities from the novella explanation that is all blue text. This is an indexing sight, meant to be a presentation of a fictional characters weapons and abilities. That is what everyone uses VBW for, to type in a characters name and get a general sense of what the character is capable of in just a short 30 seconds or so. This is not possible with dante's profile, it's no different than a powerpoint being typed in all bold letters. Links should be reserved for keyword(s) only that pop out and catch the readers attention, not the entire explanation of said ability. When you look at a profile and skim it by looking for blue text only to navigate faster 95% of the time you should be reading a new ability or weapon.

Basically we have to fix the descriptions of his abilities so only one word has the link to the scans

Dante's profile being large isn't the issue. The issue is the profile is just a wall of blue text that is physically painful to look at. You can not differentiate dante's separate abilities from the novella explanation that is all blue text. This is an indexing sight, meant to be a presentation of a fictional characters weapons and abilities. That is what everyone uses VBW for, to type in a characters name and get a general sense of what the character is capable of in just a short 30 seconds or so. This is not possible with dante's profile, it's no different than a powerpoint being typed in all bold letters. Links should be reserved for keyword(s) only that pop out and catch the readers attention, not the entire explanation of said ability. When you look at a profile and skim it by looking for blue text only to navigate faster 95% of the time you should be reading a new ability or weapon.

Basically we have to fix the descriptions of his abilities so only one word has the link to the scans
This. Dante's profile is filled with blue links and tons of references. Bullet points for him would make things tenfold worse.

Back