• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon slayer, possible Calc issue

Ok so for Demon slayer the Calc we basically scale the entire verse around is this calculation
Which Yields 0.08 Tons of Tnt

Issue
Apparently after scooping through some cutting calculations this isn’t actually how cutting should be calculated it should be done like this
Or like first demonstrated in this wall of text between 2 Calc group members in this blogs comments

What would change if applied
Thickness of a Katana is about 0.64cm
60Mpa is used in the Calc so

(60 x 4.15265m^2 (area the original Calc found) x 0.0064m) = 1.59 Megajoules or 0.00038 Tons of Tnt (Wall Level
If applied this downgrades like 70% of the verse I think?

Bonus: how it effects the 100x boost.
0.038 Tons of Tnt (Small building level)

Last edited:
If we use the kinetic energy of the katana moving at 4136 m/s it gives us
12829872 joules or 0.003 tons of tnt (topline wall level)

Is that the speed for one of Zenitsu’s calcs?
Scaling off that should be a fine alternative as we already accept KE for him

Nah, can't use KE like that anymore. It needs to be a particularly large object.

And yeah, cutting calcs basically go like this:

Area of the object being cut * thickness of the blade * Compressive strength AKA pulv. strength.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure there are better feats than rock cutting in KNY.

Also don't we still have Zenitsu's feat by Risci?
KE from human-sized objects is a no-go. Speed is fine, but you need the object to be at least twice as heavy (I think?) for KE to be valid now if there are no explicit speed statements like Cap throwing a shield faster than an ICBM and so on..

The tree feat looks legit tho.

There's nothing in our KE standards about size I think, a small object or a human's KE is fine to use as long as the way the feat happens feats our standards- and if it's a tackle, it should.

There's nothing in our KE standards about size I think, a small object or a human's KE is fine to use as long as the way the feat happens feats our standards- and if it's a tackle, it should.
tackles are fine, yes, it's just that running cross-country distances while princess carrying someone in your arms wouldn't be KE.

last time my attempt to use lightning speed for KE to remake a KE feat with supersonic to lower end hypersonic speed was rejected due to the lightning speed not being in the same vid as the feat. I assume we would use at minimum the 0.003 tons feat.

tackles are fine, yes, it's just that running cross-country distances while princess carrying someone in your arms wouldn't be KE.
That's probably true yeah. Still, nothing 'bout size.
last time my attempt to use lightning speed for KE to remake a KE feat with supersonic to lower end hypersonic speed was rejected due to the lightning speed not being in the same vid as the feat. I assume we would use at minimum the 0.003 tons feat.
yeah that would sound like calc stacking to me.

i mean in my case the katana calc i proposed is Tanjirou using his katana in the fight against the swamp oni and the drum oni both of which have huge feats

Tanjiro tanking a tree branch smackdown here is pretty impressive
Inb4 that tree feat is only like lower middle 9-B

Although being serious that helps
There was also Gyutaro’s blood tornado which characters can backscale off of if We can calculate it.

I mean even in the case of Tackles
When Zenitsu does thunderclap flash he jumps with his entire body rather than just swinging his arms.

The great sin in Kimetsu is destructive feats, probably nothing exceedse 9-B in the first arcs. But there is an alternative version of this calculation with wooden dragons, which the last time I tried to calculate gave an 8-B result.

I'll try to calculate again. It is useful for downscale.

EDIT: Kimetsu also has the demon's feat of merging with a train. In one scene the train jumps extremely high, with GPE the result is probably 8-C

The downgrades look fine, unfortunate tho -_-, but fine.

So what needs to be done here?

KE feats are allowed apparently as long as the attack happens at that speed and we can prove that.
Example: Invincible (tv series) has a 7-A feat for slamming Allen the alien into the moon at 2% rel speed.

Technically tanjirou should have the speed of attacks in the fights as the feats themselves come directly from the fights. So in theory my end of 9-B could be used unless rn we have some way better feat and I'm just confused as always.

Back