• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #4

Tanjiro is still mentally out of the picture; it is feral demon instincts + Muzan's memories/will. Once Tanjiro sees Nezuko he either surrenders for the rushed ending, or escapes to get a compromise between what he wants and what Muzan wants.

If Tanjiro escapes, he can't realistically go down without a timeskip and new powerups (I can see Demon Slayer Mark V2, Ultra Bright Red Blades, and maybe something related to the Blue Spider Lilies plotline). Demon Tanjiro has the potential to be way more powerful than Muzan, but he is still newly awakened and only displayed broken regen/adaption.

If Talk no Jutsu doesn't work for newly awakened Tanjiro with no kill count, he pretty much missed the redemption boat. So Nezuko needs to redeem him either in the next three chapters or at the end of Part 2.

Muzan already analysed and broken down the humanification medicine, and since Tanjiro has memories of the analysis he should be able to decompose it easily. So for consistency they can't just shove the medicine inside Tanjiro; Tanjiro either needs to be willing to accept it, or an entire new medicine needs to be created (which requires a timeskip).

Well if they goes for killing Tanjirou right now i think it is require Yoriichi-tier character which impossible for anyone in the group right now, or there will be a time-skip and Nezuko become a Demon Slayer, the only one who have hope to inherit the Breath of the Sun is Nezuko, and she have a good deal of time being a demon know that experience is valuable when it come to defeat Tanjirou in case he turn into a villian

Ehh not really. A weakened Base Giyuu was able to react to him so currently Demon Tanjirou isn't really that strong.

Remember when in the first chapters Nezuko was still a mindless demon and Tanjirou's attempts to protect her made her snap back?

I think we're going to see an inversion of the above now.

I guess the thing I wonder is that if Tanjiro takes back control (which I think he is), is he gonna stay a demon forever or is he gonna be changed back. I don't really see him dying here and Muzan basically healed all his life threatening injuries. lol

Yeah another hard part is I don't know if Tanjirou is even killable at this point, he has sun resistance and he'll likely be able to adapt to and overcome decapitation via nichirin sword, in general he needs to be returned to normal

I don't think any of the characters know what the cure is and both Tamayo and Shinobu (the best people to be able to figure it out) are dead.

There's still Yushiro. And we saw when Muzan was reading Tamayo's memories that Yushiro was also working with them.

We're lit!!!! Fking finally he gets demon powers because like seriously it would have made so much sense if he had the powers of the one he wanted to kill.

But I must say I love the way it got done instead. The end of the awaited battle is when our MC takes a drastic change

I mean, Tanjirou might just fight it back from within himself, like stop the transformation completely, also if he has Muzan's memories inside himself, then he might be able to access Tamayo's memories as well

What if Tanjiro simply becomes a demon who doesn't need to eat people? That would be funny and is pretty much not gonna happen.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What if Tanjiro simply becomes a demon who doesn't need to eat people? That would be funny and is pretty much not gonna happen.
I don't think that he would want to be immortal.

One thing that I've been wondering about is why is doesn't Tanjirou's Post-BotS Mastery key have DSM listed? All of his feats against Muzan were performed in base.

I've been treating his Post-BotS Mastery key as everything he has access to, being Demon Slayer Mark, See-Through The World, and Red Nichirin Sword

He does have his Demon Slayer Mark in the final fight, it's just that he had a different designed Demon Slayer Mark against Akaza

That can be a bit misleading as he wasn't at full power during the fight like his key suggests. He never used DSM against Muzan, but he should very well be capable of doing so.

If he gets Muzan's powers while keeping his skill and gains an upgraded demon form of sun breathing he's gonna be really OP.

I don't think anything in the series can currently kill him, other than an improved version of wisteria poison ( another demon weakness he hasn't shown to overcome) , or the Blue lilly Muzan was looking for( both would likely take a sequel to find)

Sun breathing might be useless now, considering he has Sun resistance and decapitating a low-level demon with an axe didn't do much.

I just wanna say this, I think we need to revise how we look at Tanjirou's Demon Mark, when he first used it against Dabi it looked a certain way and he could only activate it at certain times, after finishing his training with the Pillars (specifically after pushing the boulder), his normal Demon Mark became permanent and it stayed activated for the whole rest of the series just like Yoriichi, when he first activated See-Through the World his Demon Slayer Mark changed design slightly, but his eyes and hair became red

Point being that he always had his Demon Mark after the Pillar training and it became his new base form, his more evolved Demon Mark was just a result of activating See-Through the World, not a new Demon Mark, meaning we need a new key for his form against Akaza, since that became his new power and his page should now look like this

Tier: 9-A, higher with Dance of the Fire God | At least 9-A, higher with Dance of the Fire God, higher with Demon Slayer Mark | At least 9-A, higher with Demon Slayer Mark | At least 8-C, at most 8-B | Likely 8-B | 8-A

Attack Potency:
Small Building level (Cut through a boulder), higher with Dance of the Fire God (Cut through Rui's most durable threads and nicked his neck which is even more durable than his threads) | At least Small Building level (Fought Enmu who was enhanced by Muzan's blood), higher with Dance of the Fire God (Can somewhat keep up with Base Daki), higher with Demon Slayer Mark (Overpowered Gyutaro and sliced off his head) | At least Small Building level (Capable of fighting Hantengu's emotion clones), higher with Demon Slayer Mark (Easily overpowered and cut off three of Hantengu's emotion clones' head. Can also cut the real Hantengu's neck) | At least Building level, at most City Block level+ (Kept up with and parried attacks from Akaza for an extended period of time) | Likely City Block level+ (Completely outclassed Akaza and sliced off his head) | Multi-City Block level (Became the strongest person within the Demon Slayer Corps. When he was at his full power, he fought on par with a weakened and aged Muzan Kibutsuji and parried all of his arm whips by himself for 10 minutes straight, which even all of the Demon Slayers, including his previous form, working together couldn't do. Was integral in the final fight against Muzan, as he fought against him for a full hour and did most of the damage, as well as deal the final blow to him right before his death)

Key: Post-Demon Slayer Training | Post-Rehabilitation Training | Post-Zeroshiki Training | Post-Pillar Training | Post-See Through the World Mastery | Post-Breath of the Sun Mastery

I'm gonna have to disagree with giving Tanjirou another key after his battle with Akaza.

This is how his mark looked at the start of his fight with Akaza

And this is how it looked after his fight with Akaza

And this is how it looked when he briefly entered the See-Through-World

Tanjirou's base mark that he had after his battle against Akaza didn't change at all compared to before the fight. So the demon slayer mark that he used against Akaza was likely just a temporary boost like he used to do in previous arcs. So that should still be part of his Post-Pillar Training key rather than be a completely new key.

Also I'm pretty sure he didn't master the See-Through-World. It's still a state that he has to actively enter as shown in his fight against Muzan in chapter 182 when he said he had to smell that world again.

Then the Likely 8-B key's name should be changed to "likely 8-B with See-Through the World" because his Demon Mark is now always in his base form

Here Tanjirou only mentions that his speed increased dramatically when entering See-Through-World not power.

Here we see that even with See-Through-World activated Tanjirou's mark still stays the same. So I'm pretty sure leaving it as higher with Demon Slayer Mark is fine as the new Mark is what gave him a boost in power not STW.

Also am I the only that thinks it's kinda weird how Tanjirou never activated the new mark against Muzan and only did against Akaza and after turning into a demon?

So... the latest chapter happened and well frick.

Demon Tanjiro has already proven to be incredibly powerful and if we had more evidence, I'd argue he'd be at least on Muzan's level, likely higher, considering that Muzan said if he were to survive the sunlight (which he did and even grew to resist), he'd be the strongest demon to exist.

So basically, while nothing's confirmed so we can't say anything, I think Demon Tanjiro has the potential to join Yoriichi as the second "At least 8-A, likely higher"

I proposed this in the previous thread; basically Doma should be upgraded to 8-A+ due to his multipliers.

upgrading Doma to 8-A+ via Multipliers. He was weakened and crumbling when creating the ice statue, and he also can casually create five clones which he states to be as powerful as him, and then proceeded to leave to go fight Hashira. The 6x multiplier itself almost but doesn't reach the 8-A arithmetic average, but there is consensus on a current + symbol revision to allow upscaling.
This is comparable to Bleach's Gremmy multiplier where creating more clones increases his fire power.

If the Doma upgrade is getting accepted down the line, discussing adjustments to current scaling seems redundant.

So... basically if this 8-A+ gets accepted, the 8-A's that are upscaled from his original 8-B+ rating will be upscaled to Low 7-C instead, right?

Probably unlikely, idk, but Tier 7 Demon Slayer... nice

Doma created the ice bodhisattva with his full power in a weakened state after cancelling his ice clones. So the multiplier doesn't even work here. Also I'm pretty sure making clones as strong as you isn't even a multiplier. Gremmy's clones are considered a multiplier because he specifically states his power gets multiplied when he creates a clone. Avatar of Calamity from Puella Magi Madoka Magica can literally create hundreds of clones comparable to itself and it's still not considered a multiplier but merely a duplication ability that creates clones as powerful as itself.

More like he was incapable of maintaining the clones; he would have no need to defend himself if the clones are still toying with Inosuke/Kanao (or if they casually finishing them off).

Making clones can be a multiplier depending on the context; here Doma can multiply his ice creation since he explicitly states each clones is as powerful as him. An example of a multiplier based on this concept is Flynt Coal from RWBY.

Also, the VS Battles Wiki treats low multipliers and high multipliers differently; the later requires an immensely higher standard of evidence, so saying "it wouldn't qualify if it was 10,000 clones" is not relevant for low multpliers.

You could just make a separate thread about this. I'm also pretty sure he cancelled the ice clones so he could focus his power on healing and not that he couldn't maintain it anymore. Since even after the poison started acting up the ice dolls were still able to fight and only shattered after he decided to focus on healing. Also Flynt wasn't even accepted as a 4x multiplier until after the data book came out and straight up said he quadruples his power with his semblance.

Staff discourage the creation of CRTs until the forum move, especially if they can be lengthy/controversal. I am testing whether this is controversal (and even then, it would imply stat rebalancing, which is lengthy). Though I guess I can post this as a question.

Flynt was already given higher AP with the clones before the guidebook with approval of staff members, however it was unconfirmed if the clones are as powerful as him.

Yeah just post it as a question.

That's because Flynt used clones to combine attacks. Doma never did that he merely makes clones that could use attacks that are as strong as him. His ice dolls are more similar to Naruto's shadow clones rather than Flynt's Killer Quartet.

When Tanjirou gained resistance to the Sun he lost his resistance to the Night, and now the strongest demons are called "Sun" instead of moon.

This is my shitpost prediction for the next chapter

Epiccheev said:
When Tanjirou gained resistance to the Sun he lost his resistance to the Night, and now the strongest demons are called "Sun" instead of moon.

This is my shitpost prediction for the next chapter
Having no Resistance to the night would be far more impractical than having no Resistance to the sun.

Back