• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I would actually be livid

Like I would want Tanjirou to absolutely massacre Muzan immediately after

TriforcePower1 said:
Does anyone have any idea of why Muzan turned into an oversized baby?
He covered himself in flesh so the sun would take a while to completely burn him. No clue why he took the shape of a baby though.

It happened when Kubo wanted to kill Byakuya in Bleach. Now imagine it with a 2x bigger fanbase at the time and a 10x more loved loli character

If Muzan absorbs Nezuko, then everyone is f*cked, it'll basically be another Ultimate Kars situation, I mean if that happens, Tanjirou will have to get a huge powerup to even contend with that Muzan

Honestly it would be a lot better than Nezuko surviving, if she survives it would be kinda predictable shonen situation, and later Tanjirou gets filled with rage and adrenaline, that would be sick

At this point Nezuko has 2 possible purposes in the story, 1 to save Tanjirou from death or 2, to get eaten by Muzan and make him stronger

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
If Muzan absorbs Nezuko, then everyone is f*cked, it'll basically be another Ultimate Kars situation, I mean if that happens, Tanjirou will have to get a huge powerup to even contend with that Muzan
Or maybe we get the reveal that the 13th form can send demons into space

You know, Tanjirou might just die from his injuries, and Nezuko just will reunite with him in human form to say goodbye to him. That way Tanjirou could die knowing that he achieved his goal of saving Nezuko. I dont know, now that i think about it, Zenitsus words seemed like a deathflag on Tanjirou.

Nezuko been absorbed has no sense at this point, if Muzan recovers its game over. Tanjirou cant beat him with just one arm, even if he uses his DSM.

The baby is either Muzan trying to fight off the aging effect, or it is symbolism for Muzan's instinctive desire for survival.

The problem with Nezuko travelling a large distance to say goodbye is that Nezuko came in order to save Tanjiro because he is in danger, and she can't add anything as a human (there is Yushiro and doctors to provide medical help). If Tanjiro dies, then she was useless and have failed (which is only redeemable if she becomes a protagonist for a sequel or something). Otherwise, she can help fight off Muzan, but she can't do so as a human without a massive asspull, so she needs to resists the medicine and returns to being a demon.

Otherwise, the foreshadowing for using the 13th form correctly without interruption and Muzan's scars being his weakspots is there; it would be anti-climactic and bad writing to forget about them, which implies a sun-immunity powerup next chapter (Tanjiro doesn't have to fight alone as there is opportunity for Zenitsu/Inosuke/Kanao to get the Mark).

Yeah, the manga did set up that they need to hit all his hearts and brains to stop him, I can imagine Tanjirou hitting all of them from within Muzan though with the 13th form exploding him from within

But even if Tanjirou hits all his hearts and brains that wont kill Muzan, a demon can only die by losing his head or sunlight. In Akaza and Kokushibo's cases, one died because he stopped his Regenerationn (Akaza) and because they weakened him enough to the point he couldnt properly regenerate after losing his head (Kokushibo). Take the sunlight weakness and Muzan cant be killed.

If you ask me, its more of an asspull if somehow there is a third way to kill a demon.

I just mean that doing that would weaken him enough so that he couldn't run away and then burn underneath the sun

Yeah, i was talking about the Nezuko been absorbed. I dont really think Nezuko will join the fight at this point, i imagine we will get a last Tanjirou vs Muzan next chapter and thats it.

Yeah, same, he'll keep slashing and slashing the weak points and then just burn away is my prediction, then maybe a chapter about Muzan's true backstory

The third way is through Wisteria poisons :)

Seriously though, Gyomei stated that the organs are the reason decapitation won't work against Muzan. So Muzan haven't adapted to being beheaded with Nichirin like Akaza and Kokushibo (Kokushibo mostly died because he lost willpower to survive after witnessing how ugly he became), but he found a way to survive and brute force the Regenerationn through the multiple organs trick. So assuming the 13th form is still powerful enough to nullify Regenerationn, it would kill Muzan even if he developed sun-immunity like Nezuko.

Then the avatar state will be revealed and all of Tanjiro's ancestors were accumulating power to pass it on to Izuku so that he could beat the greatest evil and then all of them will talk to Tanjiro saying shit like "the Force will be with you, always" and he'll kill Palpatine with the help of all past swordsmen

You know, it just occurred to me how similar Demon Slayer's plot is to Samurai Jack, Tanjiro and Muzan have a very similar story to Jack and Aku

I just want to say, my respects for the mangaka for that ending.

Probably 1 or 2 chapters left, now we need Ufotable to finish adapting the anime.

I think there's supposed to be 5ish more chapters to fill out a full volume, so I wouldn't say the story is closed with everything just yet

Sad... the kind that makes me have to sit down and think about my life for a bit kind

The badass stuff has passed, only sad stuff remains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back