• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well... this would be a... strange match to say the least. Iihiko got some quite absurd hax like that "the legend" hax. However he doesn't really have anything to get past Rimuru's low-godly that regenerates from the soul, since from what I heard from the Rimuru vs Medaka thread, the whole Medakaverse doesn't have souls or something along those lines.

Not sure if this ability that's from a verse, where souls don't seem to exist in the first place, would work against someone whose main anchor of existence is a soul. Moreover Rimuru already has the tendency to fulfil the goals of those he absorbed unless they go too much against his own will so who knows how that would play into it.

I guess it's one of those annoying verse-equalization issues where making a decision would be equal to favoring one verse over the other.

actually Nucleic Heart

verse equalization means both have soul unless its specific ability

Firephoenixearl said:
Verse equalization would make Rimuru the next Iihiko if he defeats Iihiko.
Funnily enough, that's what CP would often argue in favor of Rimuru: He "becomes" the ones he absorbs, or rather assimilates the very beings of those he absorbs. The issue at hand though is who would end up having control in the end.

This might be a stomp, actually... what can Iihiko do against Rimuru's imaginary barrier? It's not something simple "durability negation" can by-pass since you need to go through an infinite number of imaginary spaces for the attack to reach. Rimuru can absorb Iihiko and even if he resist that somehow, Rimuru can then instead just absorb Iihiko alongside the space he is in, which Iihiko would not be able to resist due to lacking any resistance to spatial manipulation.

Once absorbed, Iihiko would already be within Infinite Prison, a seal that Power Nulls even much stronger existences. At that point he'd just get corroded to death, since his defensive abilities don't work anymore - or otherwise gets to have "fun times" with a Greater Flame Spirit and True Dragon "next door". Either way, at that point he'd be sealed even if he still could resist corrosion somehow.

So... stomp?

Oh right, the "legend" thing. But wouldn't info analysis + sealing still work? Question is, which is more potent: Infinite Prison Power Null or Subjective Immunity Power Null? Iihiko would definitly not "know" about Infinite Prison so that variation would be triggered.

I'm curious but nervous about this matchup.

These are clashing mechanics from two verses that literally run on NLF and comprehensive story-breaking hax.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
I'm curious but nervous about this matchup.

These are clashing mechanics from two verses that literally run on NLF and comprehensive story-breaking hax.
Oh god... Ultimate Skill hax vs Subjective Immunity hax... I can already see the next 400 replies-long discussion coming...

I'm immune to everything because **** you

vs

I'm immune to everything because **** you
No, no! That's not how you should say it! It's more like:

"My instant kill attack, instantly kills you!
"No! My anti-instant kill attack, counters your instant kill attack and instantly kills YOU!"
"Haha, no! My reverse-anti-instant kill attack counters your anti-instant kill attack that counters my instant kill attacks and kills YOU!"
"Too bad! My secret position swappper ability reverses our positions, so YOU die!"
"Noooope! My quantity-doubler ability makes it so any utility ability like your position swapper that gets used against me, gets used twice, quickly in succession disregarding any cooldowns, so I end up in my original position and the one to die IS YOUUUUUU!"
etc.

I honestly think we should do something about the way we treat Reincarnated as a Slime, but I don't wanna make that CRT.

And besides, it won't go anywhere because everyone likes the slime boi

I arrived on this wiki too late to bear witness to the Reinhard fiasco, and Warhammer is even more of a hax clusterfuck than Medaka Box so I'm staying far away from that one.

I just don't like the way we treat series that have an innate power ladder. Like "I'm on a higher level of power than you, so I resist everything that's been shown so far whether it's from this franchise or an entirely different verse, and I don't have to prove it because I said so."

Which we treat as fully legitimate in verses like Slime and Dungeons and Dragons, but disregard as NLF in verses like GetBackers and Medaka Box.

I have no preference either way, but I wish we were consistent.

Characters should always be limited by what they have been shown to do, i don't go around claiming ultimate skill users from tensei resist everything, i only say they resist what's been shown in the series.

And it's been established many times, i have a blog about this that magic doesn't work on an ultimate skill users and only an ultimate skill can affect another ultimate skill user.

Does that mean nothing can affect them? No, but it means abilities which aren't ultimate skills in tensei can't, hence their resistances to certain abilities.

Medaka's character is a walking NLF. Yes her abilities are silly (especially when bloodlusted) but I don't think any of the arguments presented for her where unfounded or wanked.

Medaka box as a whole has many abilities that are undefineable when it comes to how we tier characters. Doesn't make arguments using those abilitiies invalid if they are presented correctly. Like yeah all of the power mimicry arguments where probably slightly wanked but it's because 'The End' is ludicrously difficult to define limits for. (sorry to derail)

I mean more in the sense of:

Character A is an Ultimate Skill user

Character B throws a fireball at them

Character A resists lower magic via being an Ultimate Skill user

I don't think this means that Character A resists fire manip as a whole

Well yea, we would compare the fireball that the ultimate skill user can resist to other fireballs to determine whether ultimate skill users would resist, it's why it's specified on the profiles what level the characters resists ie matter manipulation at an atomic level, soul manipulation that works on several thousand ppl etc, if the ability works above that, ultimate skill users can't resist.

There is nothing NLF about that.

Ooooooooooohhhhhh.

In that case, color me wrong. Other debates involving Slime Datta Ken gave me the wrong impression.

Anyways, Iihiko via resisting VS Debating

The characters have resistances such as "Physical Attack Immunity, Natural Elements Immunity, Abnormal Status Immunity, Mental Attack Immunity, Hybrid Attack Resistance"

Most of these are NLF's, their resistances have clear limits, limited by what has been shown, mind hax resistance which is>mind hax which works on 5 ppl, soul hax resistance which is>soul hax which works on several thousand ppl etc etc.

If hax works above these levels, they can't resist it.

Alright, that makes more sense. Kind of like the question of determining what Medaka can and can't copy, even though in the show it's maximum NLF?

Don't know about Medaka, but from what i can see, the exact limits to their abilities isn't really defined, they should be limited to what they have shown.

As for Tensei as i explained above their resistances and abilities have clearly defined limits, they are limited by what's shown in the series, there isn't any speculation or headcanon about their abilities on my part, albeit some ppl might wank them just like any other ppl do who wank the series they like.

The one problem with Medaka Box is an excessively difficult chain of resistance piercing.

e.g. You got power null, then you got Minuses which resist power null, then you got Bookmaker which can null minuses, then you got The End which resisted Bookmaker's power null, then you got 120% Bookmaker which just nulls everything at all ever, and Iihiko even negated that.\

It's ****** bananas

The one problem with Medaka Box is an excessively difficult chain of resistance piercing.

e.g. You got power null, then you got Minuses which resist power null, then you got Bookmaker which can null minuses, then you got The End which resisted Bookmaker's power null, then you got 120% Bookmaker which just nulls everything at all ever, and Iihiko even negated that.\

It's ****** bananas
That doesn't say much though. It wouldn't really be able to scale like that. I remember how in Slimeverse for some time almost every character below True Demon Lord level was Low 7-B or At least Low 7-B because that was the highest destructive feat, as most Slimeverse attacks were "concentrated" and therefore difficult to put a number on. And this "feat" was just the passively generated cloud movements/"storm" that came to be just by that character existing and among the "lower than True Demon Lords" characters it was someone who wasn't even really all that strong in comparison. I think that problem still persists even now for the WN version.

So despite there being obvious differences in power, it ultimately ends up with a lot of "At least this feat that can be scaled to". That shouldn't be different in Medakaverse. Having a "power null" hierarchy that goes manyfold, does not neccessarily mean that power nulls are more potent than any "simple" power nulls from other verses. For example Iihiko's Subjective Immunity would still lose to Touma's Imagine Breaker in terms of pure Power Null ability, because Imagine Breaker showed much higher negation feats.

I am not sure I completely understand what you are saying, but if I am, then I do not agree. Unless you are calling an NLF on their usage they will probably trump it.

On a side note, I'm not actually sure Imagine Breaker would work on Iihiko's abilities since his abilities may not even be overtly supernatural, and closer to something like a style

If we are not allowed to scale beyond adding an "at least" for AP without any specific multipliers or new feats, then why should that be allowed for hax and even applied for other verses? For all we know the highest part of the power null chain is still weaker than whatever weakest power null of another verse.

Back