• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma Cruz doesn't have the range to kill Rimuru because of immo type 9(2-A), Rimuru can't handle plot manipulation but it's not like he needs to, once he dies the first time Rimuru would just use turn null at a distance he cannot reach, what could Soma Cruz do about it?

****'s sake, i love Soma but even 2 profiles of powers and abilities couldn't defend him against the slime.
so many simple things he could do...

for now voting Rimuru, unfortunatelly

Rimuru can't do anything against passive plot manipulation.But
Soma Cruz doesn't have enough range to affect Rimuru's original body. So this is an incon.

Soma Cruz doesn't have the range to kill Rimuru because of immo type 9(2-A), Rimuru can't handle plot manipulation but it's not like he needs to, once he dies the first time Rimuru would just use turn null at a distance he cannot reach, what could Soma Cruz do about it?
Even if Soma's Range is not reached, it's true. But the hax Plot Manipulation ability doesn't care about Tier,Ap,Dura so I guess if Rimuru doesn't have resistances then range doesn't matter.

Just so I know more about Rimuru, what is the dimensionality of its resistances? I heard that it has 4D resistances, if so what are they? And which ones are layered?

Edit: Either way, it seems to be an inconclusive match.

Just so I know more about Rimuru, what is the dimensionality of its resistances? I heard that it has 4D resistances, if so what are they? And which ones are layered?
This is a very long topic.( has too many hax.) It is impossible to describe them all here. But a lot of 3D passives and 4D passives . 3D/4D lots of hax, 3D/4D lots of resistance . An important part of these abilities are 1 - 3 layers.(Rimuru has a lot of defensive abilities apart from resistances.)

After rewieving the profile, If you have a specific question, you can ask.

Last edited:
Even if Soma's Range is not reached, it's true. But the hax Plot Manipulation ability doesn't care about Tier,Ap,Dura so I guess if Rimuru doesn't have resistances then range doesn't matter.
range matters, I don't know where you heard that from, as long as Soma doesn't have range 2-A, he can't affect Rimuru who is in imaginary space

Also, why would that be incon? What's stopping Rimuru from killing him out of range that Soma can handle? In addition, Rimuru also has layered time stop, among tons of wincons that I can quote if necessary, can anyone tell what prevents Rimuru from winning here?

Also, why would that be incon? What's stopping Rimuru from killing him out of range that Soma can handle? In addition, Rimuru also has layered time stop, among tons of wincons that I can quote if necessary, can anyone tell what prevents Rimuru from winning here?
Passive Plot Manipulation?

As I remember in an old vs thread of Dracula vs Dante, that even with Dante's Ap 5D, he couldn't kill Dracula because of this passive. But it's been a long time and I don't remember what happened at the end.

I haven't played or seen almost anything of Grimoire of Souls to know much about this Plot Manipulation, so if you have any questions, it's best to ask @Theglassman12.

Passive Plot Manipulation?
Plot manipulation has no range to affect Rimuru of imaginary space
As I remember in an old vs thread of Dracula vs Dante, that even with Dante's Ap 5D, he couldn't kill Dracula because of this passive. But it's been a long time and I don't remember what happened at the end.

I haven't played or seen almost anything of Grimoire of Souls to know much about this Plot Manipulation, so if you have any questions, it's best to ask @Theglassman12.
I'll wait for the explanation then, but I don't see logical explanations for plot manipulation to protect from ranged attacks

Plot manipulation has no range to affect Rimuru of imaginary space

I'll wait for the explanation then, but I don't see logical explanations for plot manipulation to protect from ranged attacks
Isn't that imaginary space Rimuru essentially a immortality type 9 that Soma can negate? Once Soma destroy one of it's clone the Rimuru in the Imaginary Space won't be able to create a new one due to it being negated by Soma.

Isn't that imaginary space Rimuru essentially a immortality type 9 that Soma can negate? Once Soma destroy one of it's clone the Rimuru in the Imaginary Space won't be able to create a new one due to it being negated by Soma.
Soma ever denied immortality with range 2-A? If not, then it won't be denied, and even if it were, the imaginary space Rimuru could still kill him at a distance that Soma can't reach

Also, how does he use negation immortality? Is it a specific attack or will he deny it once he kills Rimuru with plot manipulation?

@Peak the range is kind of irrelevant given it's still on a 4-D level and Soma can still negate it easily. Plus I don't really see Rimuru resisting all of the castle's passive abilities, especially some of them on a 4-D level so he's ****** the moment the fight starts.

Quantum Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation, Dimensional Manipulation, Forced Duplication, Technology Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Biological and Power Absorption, Body Puppetry, Subjective Reality, Fear Manipulation, Plot Manipulation, Text Manipulation, Power Nullification and Statistics Reduction

@Peak the range is kind of irrelevant given it's still on a 4-D level
Now are you saying that a character with low multiversal range can affect multiversal+ distance? ☠️

he's ****** the moment the fight starts.
Soma can only kill Rimuru's clones and only plot manipulation is effective against Rimuru.(Nep 1, Aspect 2,4. 4D Transduality Type 1, 4D Layered Acausality Type 4. Passive 4D Law and Fate Manipulation and much more )

Last edited:
Soma ever denied immortality with range 2-A? If not, then it won't be denied, and even if it were, the imaginary space Rimuru could still kill him at a distance that Soma can't reach

That's not the point, Soma will negate one of it's clone he sent to kill Soma. When that happened he negate his type 9 that will result in the Rimuru in Imaginary Space unable to sent anymore Rimuru to kill him. Soma pretty much resist anything Rimuru throws at him, and he can just use his passive plot manipulation to nulify any attack he sent. Soma can just stand and do nothing. He doesn't affect the 2-A Rimuru but the power itself.

Last edited:
@CodeCCLL You do realize both of them are 4-D in potency right? if Rimuru had higher dimensional type 9 immortality then sure he can't pin Rimuru down but with what Rimuru has and what Soma has he can easily permanently incapacitate Rimuru.

Nep 1 is nothing, Castlevania characters can interact with creatures of chaos that are conceptually nonexistent. Transduality Type 1 doesn't really do much beyond resistances, especially for Light and Darkness since that's not really Soma's primary moves, so he can still hit Rimuru. What about it is Layered type 4 acausality? 4-D Law and Fate hax means nothing to someone who already resists it on a 4-D level. Plus plot manipulation also destabilizes Rimuru's powers so he can't do shit.

@CodeCCLL You do realize both of them are 4-D in potency right? if Rimuru had higher dimensional type 9 immortality then sure he can't pin Rimuru down but with what Rimuru has and what Soma has he can easily permanently incapacitate Rimuru.

Nep 1 is nothing, Castlevania characters can interact with creatures of chaos that are conceptually nonexistent. Transduality Type 1 doesn't really do much beyond resistances, especially for Light and Darkness since that's not really Soma's primary moves, so he can still hit Rimuru. What about it is Layered type 4 acausality? 4-D Law and Fate hax means nothing to someone who already resists it on a 4-D level. Plus plot manipulation also destabilizes Rimuru's powers so he can't do shit.
Does Soma stomp ?

@Peak the range is kind of irrelevant given it's still on a 4-D level and Soma can still negate it easily. Plus I don't really see Rimuru resisting all of the castle's passive abilities, especially some of them on a 4-D level so he's ****** the moment the fight starts.
That's not the point, Soma will negate one of it's clone he sent to kill Soma. When that happened he negate his type 9 that will result in the Rimuru in Imaginary Space unable to sent anymore Rimuru to kill him. Soma pretty much resist anything Rimuru throws at him, and he can just use his passive plot manipulation to nulify any attack he sent. Soma can just stand and do nothing. He doesn't affect the 2-A Rimuru but the power itself.
If Soma really can negate attacks with plot manipulation then this really is an incon, the most he could try was the 4-D time stop 3 layers he has, but I don't know if plot manipulation handles that too

You do realize both of them are 4-D in potency right? if Rimuru had higher dimensional type 9 immortality then sure he can't pin Rimuru down but with what Rimuru has and what Soma has he can easily permanently incapacitate Rimuru.
This is the first time I've heard of such a thing. Having 4D hax doesn't change anything.
Soma's Plot Manipulation can affect a distance of up to 2C. Soma can't do anything to a character at 2A distance. Please ask another Staff to provide input on this topic.

Rimuru fought against characters like Gu Gensha(2B) and Arale(2B) in the 2B key. Although Gu Gensha had numerous hax and passive plot manipulations, he was unable to win due to Rimuru's immortality(2A). Arale's passive plot manipulation also didn't win against Rimuru as she had a 2B range.

@CodeCCLL stop making more than one post, just make one when responding to me.

Yeah and does Gu have immortality negation against everything as well? Because if not then it’s not the same thing here.

that literally explains nothing on the Acausality. Why is it higher level type 4 Acausality?

yeah, light and darkness, which means Jack shit when Soma has abilities out the ass.

Why is it higher level type 4 Acausality?
In tensura, time stopping occurs through the control of world laws governing causality, fate. In Tensura, Ultimate Skill users transcend the world laws that govern the multiverse. But even they cannot move in the suspended world. However, Higher Rank Spiritual Life Forms that have transcended world laws at a higher level than Ultimate Skill users can move in the suspended world.
Yeah and does Gu have immortality negation against everything as well? Because if not then it’s not the same thing here.
Immortal negation has a range. How many times do I have to say that every hax has a range. Yes. Gu Gensha's Immortality Type 9 Negation is also present, but in the 2B key, its range is only 2B.
Rimuru's Immo9 valid for clones.All clones are of equal and have the same abilities. The range required to disconnect from Rimuru's original body is 2A. Also, destroying the clones doesn't change anything. Nothing will happen to the original Rimuru.

Moving in a certain world doesn't sound like type 4, that sounds like timestop resistance at best.

So basically Rimuru can't do anything because his clones will die, and Soma just stands there, either Soma just incaps Rimuru or just incons him.

Moving in a certain world doesn't sound like type 4, that sounds like timestop resistance at best.
it was accepted that Rimuru has causality 4 layered in one thread so discussing this is not really something i want to know why causality 4 is important here
So basically Rimuru can't do anything because his clones will die, and Soma just stands there, either Soma just incaps Rimuru or just incons
How could he incapacitate the imaginary space Rimuru?

Rimuru sending his clones only for them to instantly die the moment he approaches the castle is an instant death sentence for Rimuru’s bodies because of the passives

Rimuru sending his clones only for them to instantly die the moment he approaches the castle is an instant death sentence for Rimuru’s bodies because of the passives
Rimuru is extremely cautious to the point of absurdity, even against enemies weaker than him, he still takes care and chooses the best move for the moment, from the moment your clone is instantly defeated in an incomprehensible way, and mainly not being able to create clones anymore, he will not risk going personally under any circumstances. Intelligence, analysis and precaution is one of the strengths of the character, so no, Rimuru wouldn't be foolish to step forward to certain death, he won't take a move until he's sure of his own safety, usually Ciel helps with that and that's why the reactive evolution comes, but I understand that this won't work with plot manipulation, that's incon

Also, I don't understand plot manipulation, is it really passive? It says in the profile that they write cruel endings, so it has text manipulation, as this is used passively within the series, can you say more about that?

Also, how does it nullify the powers directed at it with plot manipulation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back