• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion thread 2

So, interestingly. In Hometown -"the Overworld", as some call it- Kris has these stats:

20 HP

9 ATK (I'm assuming 9 because the Stats screen displays it as 10 (1) & they have the Pencil equipped.)

10 DEF
KrisBaseStats
Different from those in the Dark World.

In the Dark World, with nothing but the Wood Blade equipped, Kris has:

90 HP

10 Attack (Presumably 9, since Wooden Sword is equipped, so probably +1 Attack.)

2 Defense

(And 0 Magic)

Although, since DR is explicitly, officially an alternate universe from Undertale, we can't use Undertale as a basis for these being more game mechanics, but I find it interesting.

If the stats in Hometown correspond to the same thing as what the stats in the Dark World represents, then what's the significance of DW Kris having 4.5 times as much HP, but only a 5th of the Defense? Yet Kris's ATK seems to be the same?

Also, if you choose not to continue at a Game Over, you're told "THEN THE WORLD WAS COVERED IN DARKNESS.".

I wonder if that's just plot/Game Over-induced stupidity, or has some significant meaning as to the SOUL's role; The heroes do have to Seal the Fountain of Darkness, but what speaks during the Game Over seems to be addressing the SOUL.

@Imag 20 HP is probably meant to emulate Frisk's HP in Undertale, while 90 was probably for gameplay purpose, same for defense.

Also, pretty sure the voice talks to the Player, who certainly didn't get their soul destroyed in combat.

Well, this is interesting:

https://youtu.be/K9j-LDxTNcM?t=1m5s

1. Seam's 3-holed button eye can spin on its own, sometimes. When it does, there's a visual resemblance to a "face" Flowey makes during his "monsters, humans, everyone" speech where he replaces his face with 3 spinning circles. Notably, he makes that face when saying "everyone".

2. After you ring the bell in the area with the "bird" & the "starwalker", the thing that walks away after you ring the bell can be caught up to if you run. If you interact with it, you get the text:

"Got $40 from Starwalker's ambient luster.".

Well, I guess that was a foregone conclusion. The "Real" Starwalker is angry because the thing that appears to be a bird is designated as "Starwalker". So is Starwalker a species name or the name of an individual, then?

3. Rarely, Jevil's carousel has a "duck" with a head shaped like the Everyman Amalagamate from Alphys's labs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDJY9QcwFg

Hunh. Choosing Noelle as a name gets you "You are about to meet someone very, very wonderful.". But you don't get such a response for Ralsei....

Apparently, the Glowshard has a use; By using it against some Rudinns, they can become "enraptured". It makes them immediately spare-able, apparently.

If the Manual is used when battling Clover, Kris reads from it to her, & Clover gets sentimental. (Hooray, a use for the Manual!)

Left head: "It's SOOO cute! I want it!"

Middle head: "Aww, he MADE that!? So caring!"

Right head: ("Isn't it a bit... boring?")

Interesting contrast considering trying to use it on the overworld tells you it's "too dense to read/make sense of" or something like that. It being cute lines up with its visual presentation in the game files, too, IMHO.

Apparently, Jevil's "I can do anything" & "metamorphosis" dialogue are references to Loose Clown, a line sticker set.

In the alternate save file menu, there are some interesting prompts....

Attempting to copy an empty save file: "It is barren and cannot be copied."

Choosing a file to copy: "Choose the target for the reflection."

Successfully copying an existing file to an empty file: "The division is complete."

Select an existing file to be copied over with another's data: "It will be subsumed." "Overwrite" & "Do Not" are the options. Selecting "Do Not": "It retained its original shape." Selecting Overwrite: "It conformed to the reflection."

Attempting to copy a save file onto itself: "It is immune to its own image."

After selecting Erase: "Select one to erase."

Attempting to erase an empty save file: "But it was already gone."

Attempting to erase a save file with data gives the options: "Yes" & "No". Selecting "Yes": "Then it will be destroyed." (In red text.) & gives the options "Erase" & "Do Not". Selecting "Erase": "It was as if it was never there at all.". Selecting "No" at the first choice when erasing a save file or selecting "Do Not" for the next choice: "Then it was spared."

@Azathoh: Interesting how? I'd love to hear your theories & speculation.

@Saikou: I THINK the method is to play on a fresh install, save, quit, boot up the game.

If you've got data already, you can probably get the game back into thinking it's on a "fresh/1st install" state. For me, deleting the contents of Deltarune's folder in App Data works. What you have to do may vary depending on your Operating System.

Lol, no clue. Sorry if I'm posting too much. My best guess is Delta Rune is some sort of "Survey Program" & maybe there are programed in differences. Or they're just little easter eggs. Or maybe Gaster controls the whole town. Who knows?

I don't think it's purely in Kris' mind, since Susie experienced it all too, but I think part of the beauty of Deltarune right now is that Toby left us with something we don't have a clear answer to, and did it very intentionally while still dropping hints in different places.

I think the ending confirms that SOULs aren't intangible, both here and in Undertale.

The answer's unclear, IMHO. The Unused Classroom's contents don't answer everything. But IMHO, it being purely in Kris/Susie's imaginations doesn't line up with how they interacted before their adventure, the closet's layout relative to the Unused Classroom, & their reaction inside & outside of the closet & its darkness, makes it weird, & the Cell Phone malfunctioning in DW & the Egg bring up the question of outside factors being involved.

Also, the option in NG+ to go to bed, not school, which makes Kris wake up in DW.

The toys could be a very unsubtle hint... or it's a red herring.

As for SOUL intangibility, the cage does seem to be something the SOUL can't go through... but what proof do we have the SOUL is tangible, & what proof do we have that it's intangible?

Imaginym said:
As for SOUL intangibility, the cage does seem to be something the SOUL can't go through... but what proof do we have the SOUL is tangible, & what proof do we have that it's intangible?
Well, in Undertale SOULs were restricted in objects, which of course proves nothing. But I get the feeling that if this were to happen in a series we wouldn't be ignoring it.

The fact that it exists within one's body without interfering with any organs despite its size is already a proof that it's not physical. And it's not like the kind of souls that just appear after someone dies, UT souls literally exist within one's body.

Somehow I forgot that, although I only thought the idea since this morning.

Well, that's weird. In the prologue, Alphys's classroom's clock says.... 2 O'Clock, I think? Toriel says if they hurry they might not be late, so we can be sure Kris arrives to class shortly after leaving the house. So unless this world has a weird celestial body setup, there's no way daylight could come in from the window when Toriel opens the curtains in Kris's room if it's 2 AM.

So it has to be 2 PM. (Also, going to class at 2 AM doesn't make much sense either.).

And in the unused classroom, after the adventure, that clock reads 6:30. So Kris & Suzie spent about 4 & a half hours in the Dark World?

(Unless Alphys has her clock set wrong or something.)

Maybe it's a "time passes differently in this world" kind of deal.

I loved Undertale, and I'm looking forward to Deltarune. However, I've managed to avoid spoilers for the Demon, and am considering doing so until the full release. Do you recommend I play the Demon now or danmaku-dodge spoilers -- I have no social life, so I'm good at that -- until the full game is done who-knows-when?

Back