• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DeltaRune Discussion thread 2

@CinnabarManx421:

1. Deltarune has beens stated by Toby Fox to be a different world from Undertale. We can't readily assume monsters in DR as powerful as in UT, especially when there's little signs of other UT lore stuff like Determination, no affirmation monsters are made of magic, & TP doesn't exist in UT.

Also, Kris, Susie & Ralsei are referred to as "Lightners". Dialogue, like from Seam, suggests Lightners created the Darkners; So there's reason to believe Susie's part of a group that may have created other life, but little evidence that UT monsters did the same.

2. Darkners do have feats, & so do the monsters.

2.1 When talking to Rudolph/"Rudy" (Noelle's dad) in the hospital, he can recount about Toriel at a party, saying "Once she hit me clear across the room with a key lime pie! I got smashed into the snack table and toppled everything!"

Supposing he weighs as much as a typical adult reindeer, his anthropomorphism aside, this is probably Street Level to Wall Level, depending on interpretation of "clear across the room"; It could mean she hit him from across the room with a pie, or the hit launched him clear across the room with a pie. Either way, she still knocked a ground reindeer man thing over with a pastry.

2.2 K. Round, supposing it has the density of a typical checkers piece, is Wall Level via size; It attacks by stomping, so its mass is probably applicable to its AP/SS. The whole party can take hits from K. Round in this manner, can damage each other, & can take hits from those who can hurt them & their other moves can damage those who can survive their physically.

So Kris, Susie & Ralsei all scale to Wall Level, physically, & by extension, a lot of the rest of the cast.

2.3 Ralsei survives Lancer's bike colliding with him so fast the bike explodes, as well as being launched off-screen by said impact/explosion. Also, at the same link, Susie was calculated as being Subsonic for acting before sound reached someone's ears.

2.4 The SOUL in DR is capable of surviving Jevil's scythes exploding. Wall Level+ (Or Wall Level, based on one of the comments. I'm not sure which is correct.)

Featless, the 'verse is not. And no, Wall Level isn't the highest rating you can get, but its a very big range. ~1394.67x High End to Low End Ratio means a lot of feats get this yield or are assumed to be in this range. But VSBW isn't a competition, & often, sharing a tier is a goodway to set up matches anyway.

(Oh & I guess there's also Kris/the SOUL sealing the Fountain of Darkness, but we don't entirely see how that's done, & other than perhaps fallaciously assuming the density of water, quantifying DARKNESS isn't very easy.)

I mean, my point was that there should be profiles for the DR characters since we can scale them but holy hell. Was not expecting that long ofa response for a suggestion.

Apologies if I'm being unpleasant. I just interpreted your suggestion as scaling Susie to monsters from a different universe, on the basis of her lacking characters with feats to scale to.

Either way, the issue behind the lack of profiles isn't a lack of feats. It's a matter of wiki policy. The canon presented in demos is often volatile & if the game they demonstrate DOES get completed at all, the Demon's material may not even be accurate anymore, among other issues with Demon profiles.

In theory, that policy could be changed, but this isn't a thread for a Wiki policy revision.

Hunh. When exploring Home Town after exiting school, you can have Kris talk to Undyne, & mention the Dark World to her. She doesn't believe there's "a Dark World inside the school", calling Kris a kid, & saying as there's no laws against Dark Worlds, it's a job for the school board.

So. Given Noelle's dialogue about Kris being unusually talkative, do we interpret this as the SOUL trying to tell Undyne about the Dark World, or Kris trying to tell Undyne?

Supposing the SOUL is an entity within the setting & not meant to represent how Toby thinks the player might act, if the SOUL is making Kris try to warn an authority about the Dark World, would that mean the SOUL sees actual danger to the DW?

One possibility is: Somehow the SOUL is misinterpreting things & was never actually at risk.

But let's set that aside.

If the stuff DW is dangerous to the SOUL, but for Kris & Susie it's just pretend, then that raises some things to consider, no?:

A. Kris is unaware of the danger the DW created by this roleplaying game poses to the SOUL.

B. Kris IS aware, & it's deliberate, similarly to the caging.

B2. The premise of the roleplaying game may be a scheme to covertly get rid of the SOUL. (But then Susie's involvement is strange or incidental.)

C. The DW is a danger to both Kris & the SOUL, Kris isn't concerned or unable to voice their concerns, or just unwilling to do so.

The Soul is clearly meant to be an entity. Whoever is it at the beginning talks to the player directly, and the game acknowledges the player's own action (outside of Kris) as being from the player.

I don't necessarily think that the soul is scared of the Dark World. It's most likely just a way to point out how the Dark World isn't something the average monster knows about it.

@Saikou: I suppose that 2nd point is also likely. Although, nonetheless, it does seem like good evidence for the Dark World's "realness", if Kris or the SOUL is willing to bring it up to a police officer.

Incidentally, recalling dialogue with Monster Kid, I don't remember it exactly, but MK remarks that Kris looks really angry after he says something unkind about Susie.

I wonder if that expression is Kris's control or the SOUL's control. Did Toby write that under the assumption Susie would end up as popular as she did?

I'd say that actual choices by the player are the SOUL but little actions that Kris does on their own is Kris themselves. So Kris saving Susie or looking annoyed probably isn't the SOUL.

I agree; I think what Saikou said seems reasonable. I'm just curious about various things. Good to know what other people think.

Thanks for discussing. Hopefully stuff I've said isn't too horribly disagreeable.

Back