• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

If I recall the lancer fight he was introduced by the the primary feat we use, running into ralsei and in the fight he one attack is him riding thru the bullet board

If I recall the lancer fight he was introduced by the the primary feat we use, running into ralsei and in the fight he one attack is him riding thru the bullet board
Ah, I see. So could it be assumed that other Deltarune characters can damage bodies, even if they fail to damage the SOUL?

Ah, I see. So could it be assumed that other Deltarune characters can damage bodies, even if they fail to damage the SOUL?
I think so. If Lancers’ bike can damage the soul and attack physical things as well, this should scale to all the characters. So basically the Deltarune crew can even damage characters who they don’t have a soul.

I think so. If Lancers’ bike can damage the soul and attack physical things as well, this should scale to all the characters. So basically the Deltarune crew can even damage characters who they don’t have a soul.
Lancer's bike might not be a typical Soul attack. IIRC, we've seen him put a bike on his bed & pull the bike out for cutscene, so it may be unlike other attacks which damage the Soul.

Hence me asking for "moves that demonstrate capacity to damage bodies, especially those that may not be based on physical equipment".

After all, in theory, one could assume some attacks are different in whether they:
A. Attack the SOUL, but also damage the body if they succeed in hitting a SOUL-less being's body.
B. Attack the body, & don't damage the SOUL.
C. Attack the SOUL, but don't damage the body.

Among other possible types.

What are the chances of having a Sans’ fight in Deltarune lol? Do you guys think he’ll just be a cameo character with him just doing stuff in the outside world or doing more than meets the eye? Personally I think he’ll be a background character but wouldn’t it be something if he fights a 4-A chapter or something lol. This goes for characters like Undyne, Toriel, Asgore, Alphys, and Papyrus too.

Say, this might be a bit random, but how does the Recruit system work? Admittedly, I'm not in a position to play Deltarune, but I'm a bit of a sucker for "recruiting enemies" mechanics.

What I wanna know is what happens if you do a Pacifist Run, but you FIGHT all the Bosses?
FIGHTing Enemies makes them LOST, & in "Genocide", you don't FIGHT the Bosses.

So what if you FIGHT the Bosses, but SPARE the enemies?

Say, this might be a bit random, but how does the Recruit system work? Admittedly, I'm not in a position to play Deltarune, but I'm a bit of a sucker for "recruiting enemies" mechanics.
You spare X number of the same type of enemy, and they will join your base in your castle. It has little to no use as of right now, but it'll probably affect the upcoming chapters, maybe you can use them to fight

What I wanna know is what happens if you do a Pacifist Run, but you FIGHT all the Bosses?
FIGHTing Enemies makes them LOST, & in "Genocide", you don't FIGHT the Bosses.

So what if you FIGHT the Bosses, but SPARE the enemies?
Absolutely nothing you do change the outcome except the Snowgrave Route

Absolutely nothing you do change the outcome except the Snowgrave Route
So all the BOSSes go through their whole song & dance, dialogue? Sweet Cup' Cake still let you into their base if you beat them to 0 HP? Queen still acts friendly & monologues & fights you as GIGA Queen if you beat her up instead of freeing Berdly?

Heck, not sparing Berdly has consequences at least, because he ends up with a broken arm in the real world, or so I've read.

So all the BOSSes go through their whole song & dance, dialogue? Sweet Cup' Cake still let you into their base if you beat them to 0 HP? Queen still acts friendly & monologues & fights you as GIGA Queen if you beat her up instead of freeing Berdly?
There are minor dialogue changes yes. But you CAN'T beat the music guys, they literally heal themselves
Heck, not sparing Berdly has consequences at least, because he ends up with a broken arm in the real world, or so I've read.
This happens regardless.

Maybe Kris would have pocket dimension manipulation because it is highly suggested that he created the worlds. But the PDM should not be translated to his AP without further evidences.

Maybe Kris would have pocket dimension manipulation because it is highly suggested that he created the worlds. But the PDM should not be translated to his AP without further evidences.
He did create one at the end of the game.
Don't think he is the knight though

Actually, I would not be surprised if Undertale character would receive upgrade because of Deltarune.

By the way, I guess that Sans may be able to know what Kris did. In Chapter 1, Sans claims that he "'befriended' your mom last night." Although it could be interrupted as a simple joke about sex, it could be also interrupted that Sans indicates that he knows what Kris did at night. Given that UT Sans has such style of indications, it may be reasonable. We know that Kris does something more than eating pies at night.

If Deltarune Sans and Undertale Sans are one person, then maybe Sans VS Ness would be closer.

Actually, I would not be surprised if Undertale character would receive upgrade because of Deltarune.

By the way, I guess that Sans may be able to know what Kris did. In Chapter 1, Sans claims that he "'befriended' your mom last night." Although it could be interrupted as a simple joke about sex, it could be also interrupted that Sans indicates that he knows what Kris did at night. Given that UT Sans has such style of indications, it may be reasonable. We know that Kris does something more than eating pies at night.

If Deltarune Sans and Undertale Sans are one person, then maybe Sans VS Ness would be closer.
Has anyone talked to Sans after doing the "Snowgrave" Route?
IIRC, on Pacifist Route, his store just features an interaction between Toriel & Sans, & then Toriel & Asgore. Don't recall much about Sans himself.

Has anyone talked to Sans after doing the "Snowgrave" Route?
IIRC, on Pacifist Route, his store just features an interaction between Toriel & Sans, & then Toriel & Asgore. Don't recall much about Sans himself.
Yeah I’m pretty sure in the pacifist route you get an interaction in Sans’ store including Sans, Toriel, and Asgore if you go around the bottom left corner of the store near the cards.

If they're the same character, Deltarune Sans would chronologically be younger than Undertale Sans, which would fit UT Sans' narrative about going back home.

Christ I'm late. I forgot that people would start talking about it right away on here. But now I don't need to worry about spoilers I guess.

And yeah, the Snowgrave Route is ******. But I wonder if Noelle's blizzard feat can be calced.

Also, if anyone was wondering, Noelle isn't simply being influenced, they are being blatantly controlled. Not by Kris, but by the player in specific. I think everyone here probably already knows that at the end of Snowgrave, you fight Spamton NEO, not Queen. When you need to call for help because he increases he defense, it says that Kris calls for help, and nobody comes. But when you call for Noelle in specific, it says "You" whisper her name. And almost immediately afterwards, Noelle kills Spamton for you.

Speaking of all that stuff, I'm tempted to go into theory mode about what's really going on here. Most of the discussion has been about feats and such.

Snowgrave can probably be calc'd but it'd be irrelevant to the scaling since everyone is getting a 8-B rating anyway. Doubt that blizzard was City Block Level judging by looks alone

Eh I'll just go into theory mode actually.

So basically, it's quite blatant that Kris isn't really doing anything here, at least not willingly. They're being controlled...not just by the player, but by something, or rather, someone else.

I'll start with the most blatant thing of all. The soul that resides within Kris throughout the game, the Red Soul, is the exact same one that shows up at the beginning of Chapter 1, and is also the exact same one that is within Frisk in Undertale. Because it's not the soul of a character in the game, it's the soul of the player. It looks the same because it is the same. At the start of Chapter 1, you're also meant to create a vessel, but in the end, you cannot choose what body you inhabit, and you're left with Kris.

Throughout Chapter 2 and even Chapter 1, it's referenced. For example, when you return to the overworld in Chapter 1, some people in town mention that you (Kris) seem a little off. The main instance in Chapter 1 is that Kris is skilled at playing the piano, but when you attempt it, it goes poorly. Furthermore, it's a little odd to begin with that Kris can literally rip his soul out of his body without suffering major consequences. And how can Kris literally send his soul to watch and aid Susie when she fights Lancer in Chapter 1? Oh, if you didn't notice, the soul actually comes out and goes back to the upper right part of the screen in that scene, which is the direction Kris is in. The answer to all of this is that it simply isn't Kris's soul, it's the players. In Chapter 2, we see much more of this. And I mean, just look at the whole thing with Kris and Noelle on Snowgrave.

But then you have the scenes where "Kris" rips your soul out of their body. But I don't think Kris is doing that, although I used to. And if they could do that, they would've just freed themselves anyways. Not to mention that clearly whoever else is controlling Kris has very bad intentions, showing that it, in fact, is not Kris. So who is it? The two main suspects are, of course, Chara and Gaster. I wanna talk about Gaster in a separate message so I'll just go over Chara.

Well, the signs here are obvious.

After the Genocide Route, Chara wishes to move to the next world after destroying the main Undertale timeline. The next world they entered could be Deltarune. And it would explain their motivation to destroy the world of Deltarune, although a counterpoint is that Chara after reaching their absolute should be more than capable of destroying the world by themselves. Not to mention they wouldn't get any power if they only destroyed the world via a chain reaction effect, contrary to gathering LOVE.

In both the explanation given by Queen and at the end of Chapter 2, when your soul is ripped out of Kris and a new fountain is made...well come on. They use a knife. And furthermore, it gets pulled out of nowhere, somewhat similarly to how the Worn Dagger turns into the Real Knife for seemingly no reason on the Genocide Route.

And the last thing to note is related to the first thing I mentioned. The soul inhabiting Frisk is the Player's soul. But the Player's soul (throughout a vast majority of Undertale) is linked to Chara. Remember that Chara was revived as a ghost from the Player's Determination. And at the end of Genocide, the Player must also give their soul to Chara in order to restore the world. If this really is all happening after a Genocide Route, that most likely didn't happen, but Chara would still be linked to the Player's soul, and thus could theoretically follow them into a new world.

I'm gonna post this now and then talk about Gaster.

So, about Gaster, I also discovered that the Mystery Man actually is almost completely guaranteed to be Gaster, when considering all of the evidence in play.

You know how in Undertale, there is a "FUN" value, which can unlock different easter eggs depending on what it's set to? Well, the FUN value required to find the Mystery Man is 66. And, once upon a time, Gaster's stats were mentioned in the files. What were they? 666,666 HP, 66,666 ATK, and DEF equal to his ATK. Furthermore, while some numbers look the same when flipped upside down, or completely different, the only number that looks identical to another existing number when flipped is 6 (also 9 when considering the opposite). And the Mystery Man's sprite seems to make a face regardless of how it's flipped. Of course, that could easily be a coincidence, but knowing how cunning Toby Fox is, it wouldn't surprise me if that was intentional.

Then you have the fact that the Mystery Man has the skeletal appearance, the main thing people use to link him to Sans and Papyrus. And we know that, at the very least, Sans is related to Gaster in someway. Maybe not familial, but the fact that one of his main attacks is called a Gaster Blaster is literally a dead giveaway.

Oh, and it doesn't end there. You know that sound Mystery Man makes when he disappears? And you know how Toby loves using parts of or entire soundtracks and editing them? Well, if you take the Mystery Man teleportation sound, reverse it, slow it down, and loop it, it sounds practically identical to Gaster's Theme. And a lot of people forget that, yes, Gaster's Theme is a canon thing. It's just that you can only find it in the Sound Test room. Oh, and also, that teleport noise is made by one of the Gaster Followers, and also Goner Clam, who is obviously related to the Gaster Followers (and by extension Gaster).

And to top it all off, there was once a tarot card that had art of the Mystery Man, which had the name Gaster on it. It could be a troll, and some people ruled it out as simply non-canon, but it's very much useful as supporting evidence.

So yeah. I know some people will still deny it, but in my opinion, it's pretty cut and dry by now that Mystery Man is indeed Gaster.

Moving on. I'm going to copy and paste Entry Number Seventeen. I can't remember if it's supposed to have comma's and periods, but I'm just taking a copy and paste thing and am too lazy to fully type it out properly so kekw.

"ENTRY NUMBER SEVENTEEN

DARK DARKER YET DARKER

THE DARKNESS KEEPS GROWING

THE SHADOWS CUTTING DEEPER

PHOTON READINGS NEGATIVE

THIS NEXT EXPERIMENT

SEEMS VERY VERY INTERESTING

WHAT DO YOU TWO THINK"

Remember that Gaster is already confirmed to be the former Royal Scientist, and that the True Lab has 18 entries, but is missing Entry Number 17. So yes, Gaster is indeed the one who made it. And this also confirms that Gaster speaks (or at least can speak) in wing-dings. But in specific, Gaster talks in capital wing-dings. Oh, and the background sound that plays during Entry Number Seventeen is the exact same that plays when you try to make a phone call in the either one of the dark worlds. And apparently, if you go back to Spamton's shop after you beat Spamton NEO, 4 salesmen will appear with their backs turned. The 4th one has dialogue that mentions the phone in his shop, and the noise he heard from it was described as "garbage noise", just like the description of the noise from Kris' cell phone.

And you know how the official Undertale Twitter has sent Tweets in all caps for both chapters so far? Furthermore, they speak about Deltarune in a way similar to an experiment. A new creation made as a test of sorts.

You also have that the voice having you make a new vessel at the start of Chapter 1 is also in all caps, and the vessel you're creating is monochromatic, just like the Gaster Followers.

And remember that the fountains are literally made of pure darkness. Whereas in Entry Number Seventeen Gaster talks about darkness so much it's like he's obsessed with it.

To top it all off, idk who here knows of it, but there are two very similar secrets in each chapters. Where you can find unique rooms that have a lone tree from one of those forests in Chapter 1. There's a man behind the tree who gives you an egg. It's also worth noting that it says "He might be happy to see you. What do you think?" "WHAT DO YOU TWO THINK?". Moving on, apparently EGG in all caps translates to certain characters in wing-dings, which look identical to the moves that a Knight can make in chess. Keep in mind that it's specifically in all caps. And of course, Gaster seemingly speaks in all caps.

There's so much going on with Gaster it's hard to take it all in. And I still haven't gone into everything.

Btw Undyne has a lifting feat of casually bench-pressing a car similar in height to her. But I guess it's not more impressive than suplexing a "huge" boulder, most likely. Still more reasoning for why Undertale character's aren't as fodder as people claim, though.

God I can't wait to figure out what's really going on in these games. But I hear that Toby is planning on releasing Chapter's 3-5 all together next, right? Meaning it's probably gonna take over twice as long as Chapter 2 did. Such agony. And even then we probably still won't know the complete, full truth.

Oh wait. I forgot about this. Apparently when using the WaybackMachine to find what used to exist on the official Deltarune website, there was once a dark image that contained wing-dings which read:

"THIS NEXT EXPERIMENT

SEEMS VERY VERY INTERESTING"

So yeah Gaster is definitely referring to Deltarune when mentioning his experiment.

Edit: This was merely months after the release of Undertale btw. Before 2016. It really shows how far back Toby had all of this set in motion, although we know he was already planning to make Deltarune in general before Undertale came out.

Huh. Apparently Gaster also says:

"THREE HEROES APPEARED

TO BANISH THE ANGELS HEAVEN"

Which is what it's said they're supposed to do in the story Ralsei tells back in Chapter 1.

Wait a second.

Noelle's Dark World design holds strong similarities to angelic depictions. Like an Angel you'd put atop a Christmas tree. And in Chapter 2, I recall Noelle literally being referred to as an angel. And while I wouldn't necessarily describe what we see on Snowgrave as something on a "divine" level or whatever, the fact that she can make a blizzard when she gets serious and seems to have barely tapped into her full potential might be foreshadowing.

👀

Noticed a severe lack of [[Hyperlink Blocked]] in this thread so let's give our old [[Big Shot]] some profile stuff to work with.

Spamton: At least 9-B, possibly 8-B

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Soul Manipulation, Durability Negation, Body Control/Size Manipulation (Can increase the size of his head), Energy Projection (Can shoot words out of his mouth), Absorption (Can absorb .... Kromer?), Duplication (Can make tiny duplicates of himself), Air Manipulation (Can suck in objects into his mouth), Transformation (Into Spamton NEO)

Spamton NEO: At least 9-B, possibly 8-B

Same as before, with addition to: Flight, Explosion Manipulation (With bombs), Danmaku, Can turn his hands into phones, Sound Manipulation (Can launch soundwaves from his phones), Breath Attack, Healing (With Pipis), Reality Warping (Seen here), Statistics Amplification/Self-Statistics Reduction (Can increase his own defense at the cost of lowering his attack), Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Can take SOUL attacks as physical ones)

Last edited:
Back