• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune: Chapter 1 Top Tiers Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
A continuation from this thread.

So, new evidence popped up implying Jevil is stronger than Spamton, a Ch. 2 Character, thus, I believe we now have enough of a reasoning to upgrade end-game Chapter 1 Character to 9-A. I will be compiling all the evidence indicating to it.

Spamton's own words

Spamton directly states he will "surpass that clown around town" using the NEO form. Obviously the conclusion is that the clown is Jevil, but it's not a direct enough statement where we can decisively say it's him.

Still, if we entertain the possibility of the clown being Jevil, which is likely. The statement would imply Jevil is stronger than Base Spamton, who scales to Mid-Game Ch.2 Kris. I understand the skepticism, and you can argue that "surpass" doesn't necessarily mean in strength, but freedom, or other concept ofter talked about by Spamton. That's why this statement alone wasn't enough to prove Jevil scaled to Chapter 2 Characters.

However, given the new event $PAMTOM $WEEPSTAKES, an official event to commemorate Deltarune's 4th Anniversary hosted by Fangamers and Toby Fox, we were rewarded by a Q&A, retweeted by Toby. This new evidence proves that; the "Clown" was Jevil, and that Spamton fought him and lost (even by cheating).

$PAMTOM $WEEPSTAKES Q&A

First, he says "DON'T SHOW ME THIS FOOL IN CLOWN'S CLOTHING"
"HE ONLY LIKES GAMES, AND EVEN THOUGH I THEORETICALLY CHEATED, I NEVER WON, EVEN ONCE"
This proves the one he considered a Clown is Jevil. And he played Jevil's games, which, according to the game is "If you HP hits 0, you lose", aka a fight.

"Well, the game might not been that, Jevil is insane, it could be something else"
Fair. But not really the case.

Here, he advises about the enemies and elemental types in the game (Deltarune), a hidden feature. He then goes and say to "avoid Death/Scythe. NEVER AGAIN!!!", which is a reference to the fact Jevil uses Scythes, and Death is referencing the fact Spamton lost to him in a fight. The never again makes it painfully obviously, as Spamton is consistently traumatized by this.

This should provide enough evidence that:
  • Spamton was referring to Jevil when he said "Clown around town" in the game
  • Spamton lost to Jevil in a game
  • The game was the same one given to the Delta Warriors, a fight.

It's notable that it takes 3 of the main characters to defeat Jevil, while it takes only Kris to defeat Spamton. Jevil also dominates the battle, causing a lot more damage than everyone else.

Scaling:

Thrash Machine ~ GIGA Queen >>> Queen ~ Spamton NEO ~ Delta Warriors Party (Chapter 2) >> End-Game Chapter 2 Kris ~ Berdly = 0.075 Tons of TNT

Jevil => K. Round ~ King ~ Delta Warriors Party (Chapter 1) >> Base Spamton ~ Mid-Game Chapter 2 Kris ~ Roulx Kaard > Noelle ~ Exhausted Berdly's durability = 0.006 Tons of TNT

King is also upgraded from this.

CONCLUSIONS
  • King, Jevil, K. Round and Roulx Kaard have their first key upgraded to 9-A. (0.006 Tons of TNT)
  • These characters should be upgraded to Supersonic

Kris creating dark worlds is already acknowledged in the profiles. It's in his Light World key, and it's listed as creation via reality warping

As far as I know, creating something needs energy and I would necessarily give a tier, because, seriously, I have to explain why simply destroying is not the only thing for a tier

This doesn't change the fact that spamton NEO will literally never win a match on here because of those pesky strings
anyways, this has been a long time coming.

By the way wasn't that q and a thing non canon according to toby?

This doesn't change the fact that spamton NEO will literally never win a match on here because of those pesky strings
anyways, this has been a long time coming.

something curious that I realize, is that apparently for something to be canon, it has to appear in the original story, when if that is done, it will generate inconsistencies and plot holes that will force it not to be canon, it is something illogical to say that something is not canon because there are inconsistencies, because it will literally generate inconsistencies no matter how you look at it.

something curious that I realize, is that apparently for something to be canon, it has to appear in the original story, when if that is done, it will generate inconsistencies and plot holes that will force it not to be canon, it is something illogical to say that something is not canon because there are inconsistencies, because it will literally generate inconsistencies no matter how you look at it.
Uh
Another Alexander W(?)

He didn't say that at all, no.

He said: "Anything that might happen isn't even remotely canon" below a post about a live stream on the winners of the sweepstakes prizes. The Q&A was over 10h ago at this point.

As far as I know, creating something needs energy and I would necessarily give a tier, because, seriously, I have to explain why simply destroying is not the only thing for a tier
If it's done through hax, it is not combat applicable. In this case, is done through Willpower and Determination, which then changes a location into a dark world. It's warping reality. Kris cannot use that energy on their attacks

He didn't say that at all, no.

He said: "Anything that might happen isn't even remotely canon" below a post about a live stream on the winners of the sweepstakes prizes. The Q&A was over 10h ago at this point.
Nice nice, in that case I agree.
Although to further strengthen the clown around town evidence, it wouldn’t make sense for Spamton to talk about surpassing him in freedom, since Jevil was already completely free, well, according to himself. But with the new Spamtember giving us the evidence in the OP I can safely say I agree with this as more than just a possibility.

Nice nice, in that case I agree.
Although to further strengthen the clown around town evidence, it wouldn’t make sense for Spamton to talk about surpassing him in freedom, since Jevil was already completely free, well, according to himself. But with the new Spamtember giving us the evidence in the OP I can safely say I agree with this as more than just a possibility.
Spamton's concept of freedom is "seeing past the dark", aka, going to the light world. It's also different than Jevil's, so what Jevil thinks wouldn't matter.

It's no problem, however, the event debunked this hypothesis outright anyway.

Spamton's concept of freedom is "seeing past the dark", aka, going to the light world. It's also different than Jevil's, so what Jevil thinks wouldn't matter.

It's no problem, however, the event debunked this hypothesis outright anyway.
Since the opposition or staff hasn’t came yet would now be a good time to discuss deltarune theories and chill?

As much as I still have an issue with using exhausted Berdly’s durability for the Chapter 2 low tiers, I agree with upgrading the Chapter 1 high tiers to 9-A

Agree on ALL.

I'm glad that I started this argument in previous thread and dropped Q&A thingy.

Well.
I've done a nice work dropping already 2 stats changing argument.
Range and tier, nice.

These isn't.
Given how the verse is not really that big in terms of support, I suppose several support agreement and one staff is enough for this? I will call in some more.

T
These isn't.
Given how the verse is not really that big in terms of support, I suppose several support agreement and one staff is enough for this? I will call in some more.
Ok thx, I will keep waiting then

Because it’s technically not a stomp 🗿
But also, maybe we’d try Spamton NEO instead (even though he is literally more likely to lose than his weaker key)
The argument will be "Jevil can deal with everything Spamton has and Spamton cannot deal with Jevil because CANON"

So it's a pointless match that will not be added to the profiles. Also Spamton NEO one shots Jevil

Wait
Why tf are we having “late game” kris as a separate thing. We just leave it at level 1 kris and level 2 kris and that’s it, this is kinda just expanding the scaling chain unnecessarily.
Because weaker enemies will end up scaling to the same value as bosses, and there's a very step increase in difficulty and strength in the game which the party can keep up with.

Because weaker enemies will end up scaling to the same value as bosses, and there's a very step increase in difficulty and strength in the game which the party can keep up with.
Yes of course, so let’s add an arbitrary strength amp to the party with no evidence whatsoever just because you feel like downgrading the weaker enemies.

Yes of course, so let’s add an arbitrary strength amp to the party with no evidence whatsoever just because you feel like downgrading the weaker enemies.
Is the fact that enemies get progressively stronger incorrect in any way shape or form? No.
Is the fact that the Fun Gang is able to not only keep up with this rise in strength, but even go as far as overpower the strongest Darkners in its respective Dark World incorrect in any way shape or form? No.

Then it's not an arbitrary amp, it's acknowledging their feats of facing stronger enemies and interpreting as them getting stronger as time passes. This is how Determination worked in the first game of the series after all.

Is the fact that enemies get progressively stronger incorrect in any way shape or form? No.
Is the fact that the Fun Gang is able to not only keep up with this rise in strength, but even go as far as overpower the strongest Darkners in its respective Dark World incorrect in any way shape or form? No.
If you're gonna use their in game stats or whatever, then the progression is pretty small at best. But either way, the shit squad scales above the early enemies in the first place. What you're describing is a situation where early game enemies are "comparable to, albeit weaker than the chapter 2 party members", which is the more logical deduction to make rather than saying "yeah they just got 12 times stronger because uhhhhh" when that's not even suggested by the in game stats. Speaking of that, this is especially wrong when considering that the accelerated development is completely optional and an unamped party is more than capable of beating queen with violence.
This is not what's gonna happen. What will happen is common ch2 enemies would downscale from the higher 9-A value, but still be within the same range. You are NOT going to be coming up with your own imaginary stat amps for literally just the sake of making the characters as low as possible.

If you're gonna use their in game stats-
Game stats are irrelevant. It's relative difficulty.
First, they are not linear.
Second, most are hidden from the player, and thus, are Game Mechanic.
"yeah they just got 12 times stronger because uhhhhh"
I gave you the reasoning. Also, are you new to basic powerscaling? The numerical gap is irrelevant, a person downscaling from a guy who is 0.09 Tons would still be dowscaled to 0.005, a outstanding 40x difference, because this gap is not the metric used when comparing relative scaling. It's how far apart in the hierarchy they are. A lower 9-A and a higher 9-A can still be relative in fiction no matter the gap, it's hierarchically negligible.

They will keep scaling to the lower feat for being unfathomably below the ones who scale to the higher feat. Either that, or we downscale, which makes them 0.005 Tons instead of 0.006 Tons. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back