• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deleting composite link

This is not a hill i want to die on, so take my following idea with a grain of salt.

I can kinda understand Cal's pain of a beloved and iconic page being deleted so i thought of a idea how to adhere to the new composite ruling (which i agree to, sorry Cal), while still giving Cal a small consolation. If "exceptions" for individuals or small groups are something youre against then skip this post, as i dont want to waste peoples time.

My proposal is: Have only ONE Link page, with every game iteration of him being a tabbered page. Thanks to the tabbers in tabbers function you can find one pages like Oven's Magnum Opus or mine Magnus Opus, we can use tabbers to divide entire pages in a single page. This is something i saw some users utilisize in their Sandboxes, having multiple pages worth of code neatly packed within a single Sandbox. I cant recall someone who did that on the spot, so if someone who uses that method happend to read this post, please post a link to your sandbox to serve as a example. Worst come worst i will write up a example myself later.

Obviously, this is different from our standards for profiles, but considering that this dosnt violate our standard, i think this is worth considering. Now to pros and cons and ehs.

Pro:

We wont have to clutter the wiki with dozens of Link profiles that people wont care about but dont violate any of our standards for fiction that are allowed to have profiles here. As every iteration of Link is on a single page, without being composite, this boosts the notory of those Link versions, as visitors who arent familiar with them dont have to look them up seperatly.

Cal is allowed some shred of happiness. The visitor numbers for Link wont get divided, without compromising our composite rules. Additionally, the codes for each iterations can be found on a single profile, making versewide revisions (Do they happen for Link? I dont know) slightly easier, as people dont have to fish up every single page to apply changes to them.

Cons:

The code for TabbersInTabbers is a bit more complex than your typical code you can find on every page. I failed multiple times to apply it correctly before Ogbunabali teached me the correct way, so not everyone can use it on the spot.

The Page Code would be preetty massive, as it features multiple entire pages worth of codes in a single code page, making revisions for single iterations kinda annoying. This can be bypassed by using the F3 key to search for specific iterations by simply searching for the name of said iteration, but this is still a con.

Ricsi-viragosi wrote:

Again, I see absolutely no difference in one profile with twenty tabbers or that many profiles, beyond the fact that tabbers (especially with long names like the game of origin) easily start overlapping with one another, making for a just as cluttered feeling look.

Ehs:

Due to Link being a single page, ALL discussions regarding every Link will be featured in the discussion section. This might be great for hard experts of TLoZ but might be annoying for people who only support certain iterations. This point is both a pro and a con so its "Eh".

Thanks for reading this proposal. Wether you find this idea good or not is not a battle i will fight. I have no say on this topic as i dont really care what happens with the page, as long as it adheres to our rules and this proposal is something i came up with out of friendship with Cal. Wether Cal himself likes the idea or not is another matter lol.

Weren't tabbers advised not to be used that much because they are anti-phone users (they can just, like, use desktop mode, but Google still doesn't like it sl rip).

Again, I see absolutely no difference in one profile with twenty tabbers or that many profiles, beyond the fact that tabbers (especially with long names like the game of origin) easily start overlapping with one another, making for a just as cluttered feeling look.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
This is definitly a good point, so i will add this to the cons.

I don't think there's anything else left to do here except also getting rid of Princess Zelda, no reason for her profile to stay.

Zelda needs to be split into the only incarnations that matter (since most of them don't matter on a vs debating point of view), which are: Shiek, Tetra, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks Zelda.

Oh yeah, Breath of the Wild Zelda. Though, not sure what physical feats she has, but I know she distracted Calamity Ganon.

I've actually been working on a profile for her. Physically she has no feats, best I could come up with is scaling her to the average Hylian, but with Magic she's 5-A.

I deleted Composite Zelda's page and removed the related links. SInce the changes were made, is the thread fine as closed?

I don't get why Kirby can have one of the biggest and most painful pages to scroll through on this entire site, but Link can't have a composite profile :/

ChocomilkAlex said:
I don't get why Kirby can have one of the biggest and most painful pages to scroll through on this entire site, but Link can't have a composite profile :/
What do you mea-

Dear Lord, that's all one version!?

ChocomilkAlex said:
Is Kirby a composite?

ChocomilkAlex said:
Because Kirby's not a composite? Unless I'm missing something, Canon Kirby went through all the adventures himself to get those feats, powers, powerups and items. It's the exact same Kirby going through all those games and events. Link is reincarnating into many different versions with distinct histories, equipment, and powers with no recallection of his previous selves.

The only reason I was against deleting composite Link is because there are now tons of different pages with similar stats and abilities. I was in favor of combining every Link into a bunch of different keys. The only problem I found with this is that it would be a massive page, and considering the zelda timeline, a lot of the keys wouldn't be in a typical descending order. That's why I brought up Kirby, because his page is MASSIVE. I feel like we should combine Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask together because Majora Mask takes place directly after Ocarina of Time.

Back