• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH (Yogiri) V. DEATH (Ainz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a stomp. Ainz gets oneshotted and can't overcome Yogiri's immortality even if Yogiri lets him use TGOALID.

Oh. I must've missed that. In that case, unless Yogiri doesn't kill people as his first move, this is as inconclusive as it could possibly be.

Yogiri was recently upgraded to 2-C. Additionally, he can attach his instant death ability to his ability to sense killing intent. Ainz has to see his opponent, register his opponent, and then cast his magic. Even if he uses the Silent Magic modifier, it's not literally instant as Yogiri's is. He can bypass durabilities, immunities, kill the undead, and I vote for Yogiri due to the above. Though, I think this is kind of a stomp.

Also, even with speed equalized, there's a very notable durability-negation difference in their killing ability. Ainz' death magic can't bypass immunity; whereas Takatou can bypass complete immunity in the case of Ainz.

I'm pretty sure some of Ainz's death spells actually bypass immunity/resistance, but it doesn't matter much since Yogiri doesn't have any kind of resistance.

Ainz has one skill that does so, and it requires time to activate, as do his spells. Even if it's a matter of seconds or a single second, he can't reasonably cast before Yogiri kills him, especially if they're both bloodlusted. If they're in-character, even more so. Yogiri's first instinct is to kill anything with bloodlust and killing intent toward him.

Ainz doesn't have to register his opponent, as long as he knows there is an opponent targeted spells and AOE work, I thought that was obvious with Ainz vs Shalltear. This matchup is a stomp, Ainz can bypass resistances with normal death magic and immunity with this special skill but in this case before he's applied anything he'd die.

Muchacho mrm said:
Ainz doesn't have to register his opponent, as long as he knows there is an opponent targeted spells and AOE work, I thought that was obvious with Ainz vs Shalltear. This matchup is a stomp, Ainz can bypass resistances with normal death magic and immunity with this special skill but in this case before he's applied anything he'd die.

Same goes to Yogiri, the moment he felt that, he'd straight up kill Ainz.

Ainz still has to consider what spell to use against him, and he always plays cautiously, even against a bunch of regular knights. The second he harbored killing intent toward Yogiri, he'd be cut off there. Additionally, Yogiri is 2-B with Immeasurable reaction speed while Ainz isn't even close to that. Stomp.

Yogiri's Instant Death ability is what's 2-B, not he himself. Speed is equalized, and Ainz was cautious with those knights because they were the first people he fought in the new world. Plus, SBA says they're trying to kill each other from the start (assuming they don't prefer to incapacitate). All Ainz has to do is think. Inconclusive.

Pretty sure this is the dude who can death manip before the battle has begun, so not sure that works, although my memory is poor.

Who decides if Yogiri's death is "interesting"? For all we know, getting instakilled out of nowhere might be considered so by whoever's the judge.

"Takatou Yogiri's like him, you can't kill an existence whose destiny value is high. He won't die if he was shot by Sugitani Zenjubo, he doesn't die if he fights on the front line amongst the soldiers, and he doesn't die if you attack recklessly in the canyon. From the enemy's point of view, it's just a cheat. But, there is a way to kill him even if he's like that." (Aoi)

"Is that similar to the Honnoji incident?" (Hanakawa)

"Yes. In order to kill the existence that is protected by fate, we must use destiny. Just trying to kill him in a blatant way is no good. That is, if he dies here, the surroundings will get more dramatic and rouse up. Fate prefers more interesting situations. I will create a situation where his death is more interesting." (Aoi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back