• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they did mention Penny's feat in a black box if I remember
Popup: Because the Thunder Spears take advantage of Reiner's weakness to piercing weapons, its energy is not necessarily comparable to the explosion he survived against the Founding Titan. Both Weiss and Penny have feats that surpass this that Blake would scale to.

Popup: At a baseline level, the average Grimm has shown more feats of strength than the average Pure Titan. Barring the Nine Titans, this means that Blake has had more experience fighting stronger monsters than Mikasa.

RDT_20240820_152015710086944281735242.jpg

Better add Morek to the list because I have 300 extra bucks of disposable income and some talking points..............................
moro_vs_lord_tirek_by_cykerlol_df8sg38-fullview.jpg

Alright, besides MCDoomguy & M2Shadow, what episode needs a remake? What are your arguments?
Unironically Rainbow Dash vs Starscream. It's an episode that has 100% aged, and where neither Dash nor Starscream really shined like they could nowadays. I could care less about the verdict, I just think it was like the quintessential Death Battle episode - and I'm pretty sure Ben and Chad themselves have said that they point to that match to show people what DB is all about. It deserves a remake more than MCDoomguy tbh, because at this point Doomguy isn't even MC's best MU anymore

Last edited:
It deserves a remake more than MCDoomguy tbh, because at this point Doomguy isn't even MC's best MU anymore
I disagree
Star scream vs rainbow dash was just a random MU in s1 no one gives a shit about
ChiefDoom has more to offer and one of biggest mu in gaming

And outside Shepard chief literally has no one better other than Doom Slayer

I disagree
Star scream vs rainbow dash was just a random MU in s1 no one gives a shit about
ChiefDoom has more to offer and one of biggest mu in gaming

And outside Shepard chief literally has no one better other than Doom Slayer
It's crazy then that out of all people in the world Ben and Chad have said RD vs Starscream was one of their fave episodes of all time............................

If Chief has no one better than Doomguy then that just means he doesn't need to come back. Doesn't matter, tho, we all know HalBen's gonna win lmao

Actually, how HAS Halo been doing lately? Do people even still care about it? It was like one of the founding fathers of FPS and whatever, but hasn't 343 turned it into shit or what

Actually, how HAS Halo been doing lately? Do people even still care about it? It was like one of the founding fathers of FPS and whatever, but hasn't 343 turned it into shit or what
Former Halo enthusiast.

343 definitely marred the Halo legacy, but Halo Infinite kinda brought back traces of hopium. After Halo Infinite's hype died down, the cycle has continued of just waiting with bated breath to see if 343 ***** it up again. They have a solid foundation to begin another trilogy if they don't fumble the damn bag. Who knows when new story-related content will be revealed, could be years. And even then, there's a chance it won't even be good

Halo enjoyer at your service

It’s pretty bad it’s the similar state like Star Wars. 343 has completely ruined the series and I pray for their shut down every single day. And the worst part is that Halo infinite core gameplay is good, but it was little to too late because they couldn’t update the game lmao.

Former Halo enthusiast.

343 definitely marred the Halo legacy, but Halo Infinite kinda brought back traces of hopium. After Halo Infinite's hype died down, the cycle has continued of just waiting with bated breath to see if 343 ***** it up again. They have a solid foundation to begin another trilogy if they don't fumble the damn bag. Who knows when new story-related content will be revealed, could be years. And even then, there's a chance it won't even be good
Helldivers Enjoyer here

That sucks. I always liked Halo's style - had a very unique aesthetic to it that I've never seen replicated. I'm just sad that my own game has been speedrunning the Halo fame-to-lame roadtrip in record time. Was literally the best game I've ever played, and now... it's just here, while the devs issue more nerfs, more crashing, less cool stuff, etc. Maybe one day our devs can actually DO SOME WORK and make GOOD games again....................................

The reason is because WSJ has very strict internal deadlines.

Truly didn't know that. Always assumed things kept going as long as your story kept drawing in readers, if you wanted to finish, tough luck keep going because it means money (like what happened to Toriyama with Dragon Ball or how Aoyama keeps stretching Detective Conan), but if your popularity drops it was bye-bye.

It was a pretty interesting read and makes a lot of sense. Even if you have the entire story laid out, it's impossible to know how many pages, panels and chapters will take to get done every part of it.
Are you talking about The Elusive Samurai, made by Matsui who also created Assasination Classroom and Neuro? Yeah it's still going and is a success, though as it's based off of actual historical events, it likely can't go on for too much longer. Also, that's a boy, not a girl.

For other hits that have had an anime announced, there's also Sakamoto Days and Witch Watch. The former is an action series, the latter a comedy, both are pretty good. But yeah, series have been ending quite fast. Hell, their biggest hit in recent history, Mashle, only went on for a little over 3 years and it's first season of its anime went past it in its airing. Speaking of-

Mashle's ending was pretty good. You know, the final battle that was quite epic, Mash showed the world that even the magicless are as worthy as those with magic, he got to complete his dream of becoming a pastry maker. It was ultimately fulfilling, and got the themes of the story across wonderfully.
That's the one! Thanks! Darn anime protags, you're too pretty for your own good. So that also doesn't have much time left, huh? Kinda funny how some mangas with their more modest runtime have their animes debut when the manga itself is about to end (the anime has to wait for the manga to advance and all that, I know).

I recall you mentioned Sakamoto Days some time ago, still have to check it out, but Witch Watch is a new one, I'll look it up.

Mashle I've heard a lot in a positive manner. Is it an isekai or straight up fantasy (speaking of, does it treat the world like a old school rpg with game mechanics and skills and such if so)?

You know, was thinking, there are still mangas that run for over 5 years or so or at least could be considered long runners, though many of them neither get anime adaptations or are more niche. Seems that it depends on the magazine as well just for how long the manga gets sustained.

Well there's Kingdom Hearts 4, coming out someday
Hard to tell now. Squeenix has really been struggling lately given the many high profile flops like Marvel's Avengers and Forspoken and massive budgets of their other big games, to the point Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth selling in the millions were considered below expectations.

Hard to tell now. Squeenix has really been struggling lately given the many high profile flops like Marvel's Avengers and Forspoken and massive budgets of their other big games, to the point Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth selling in the millions were considered below expectations.
Speaking of Forspoken, when will the MC get a profile here?

Mashle I've heard a lot in a positive manner. Is it an isekai or straight up fantasy (speaking of, does it treat the world like a old school rpg with game mechanics and skills and such if so)?
Mashle is a fantasy, think of Black Clover. It takes place in the magic realm, but instead of having the capability for magic, the main character (Mash Burnedead) has zero. Like, actually zero, no extra power gained like anti-magic, or some reveal that hes the reincarnation of a god, he just relies purely on his muscles (and his friends encouragement when he needs it.)

As for the world, it's actually more like Shrek? Lots of modern term are used, sports exists (though more magically inclined), people read newspapers, and there's technically live television broadcasts through magic. As for the magic system itself, it's based on tiers yes. At the bottom there's basic spells personal magics, but as you go up, the more powerful things get. Normally wizards are born with one or two lines, but they can grow more when exerting their magic power, leading to higher class spells like Secondths or Thirds manifesting. Really, the only old school rpg element that's brought up are the existences of white and black mages, but it's only talked about once, so you have to connect the dots yourself.

Oh, and the way wizards progress through the world is similar to our own. They go to academies, and the one the series focuses on is Easton, one of the top 3 academies across the continent. At the end of one's school year, after you accumulate enough gold coins, you can compete for a chance to fight for the title of Divine Visionary in a selection exam. After that you compete against the Tri-Magic-Athalon against representatives from the two other top academies, before becoming Divine Visionary if you win. There you end up joining the Bureau of Magic, an are assigned to divisions, where you can either head research, look after the dead bodies of powerful wizards so that they aren't stolen, lead the police force, or more

There is this one blog that says Herc wins, although it could just be accidental downplay.
Pretty sure a person knowledgable in sun wukong mythos called out G1 being wrong as hell on the monkey king

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back