• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Multiversus thing is actually very possible because, based off audio files, Rick has voice lines which reference Ruby and that jazz so you may end up being right.

Though who knows? Given that RWBY, except for Ice Queendom, were removed from Crunchyroll and the music was removed from Apple Music, I think they might have finally found a new license holder
The only argument I can make is who did buy the IP?
Outside a reboot I can't see how a company and whatever sees the state of Rwby and say it's fine beyond maybe ending before said reboot to make a profit

The only argument I can make is who did buy the IP?
Outside a reboot I can't see how a company and whatever sees the state of Rwby and say it's fine beyond maybe ending before said reboot to make a profit
That's something I can't answer confidently, to be honest with you. The only thing I can really say is we'll have to wait till tomorrow or something to be given an announcement in regards to if someone did buy the IP and who it is.

It might be too optimistic of me to say, especially since even as a RWBY fan I understand people's feelings on the state of the show, but I don't see why they would let remove the show and its music from streaming services if the license simply expired. I have to believe that someone bought the license and that stuff was removed to make way for the new copyright ownership.

RWBY is like the biggest money pit. This shit not only expensive but nobody watches this shit or buys merch. The fact anyone is investing in RWBY rn is shocking to me and I wouldn’t be saying this if the series was good, but it’s not😭

RWBY is like the biggest money pit. This shit not only expensive but nobody watches this shit or buys merch. The fact anyone is investing in RWBY rn is shocking to me and I wouldn’t be saying this if the series was good, but it’s not😭
I'll say this: if it turns out to be A24 behind it, it'll make perfect sense. Those guys will pick up LITERALLY ANYTHING, quality be damned.

Wasn’t RWBY the only RT property to actually get out of the red? It would make sense that it would get picked up over things like DB or Gen:Lock

I'll say this: if it turns out to be A24 behind it, it'll make perfect sense. Those guys will pick up LITERALLY ANYTHING, quality be damned.
Sounds like monkey paw waiting it happen
Wasn’t RWBY the only RT property to actually get out of the red? It would make sense that it would get picked up over things like DB or Gen:Lock
Outside that podcast that got bought months back seems like it
Nobody cares about Gen lock and while DB is far more valuable from a quality standpoint in comparison to those two it's hard to justify funding money into a vs fanfiction that's uses various IPs unless it made money

Last edited:
Sounds like monkey paw waiting it happen

Outside that podcast that got bought months back seems like it
Nobody cares Gen lock and while DB is far more valuable from a quality standpoint in comparison to those two it's hard to justify funding money into a vs fanfiction that's uses various IPs unless it made money
Yeah, the vast majority of companies don’t really care about quality, it’s about money. And money wise DB is a risk because like you said, it’s a vs fanfic show reliant on using the IP’s of others. On top of that they frequently went over budget and never made a profit. That last part is a huge stickler for companies. As much as I love DB that’s what it is.

I wager the best hope would be some company using it to promote their IPs, like advanced advertising.

Happy 4thof july
zhcktvfj9kad1.png
funny-valentine-vs-senator-armstrong-jojos-bizarre-v0-pq0hayybhjad1.jpg

Congrats to RWBY. Overcoming yet another obstacle. As others have said, you have to admire somebody/something keep getting back up from heavy blows.

So they're now owned by the same company that does all the publishing and distribution of Japanese media in the U.S. and the like, huh? I guess that makes sense.

If I had to make an assumption about why they decided to acquire RWBY: I've read that RT had worked with VIZ in the past when it came to some RWBY manga so I guess VIZ Media's familiarity with the franchise, and having faith in the brand, made them jump the gun.

The fact that rwby teased something on Twitter and big news happened the next day doesn’t bode well for death battle’s teasing that ends up with months of silence
I've been lurking around on this thread for the last several weeks and beyond, but I really have to ask if there IS any hope for Death Battle at this point in time.

It's been a significant enough amount of time since RT shut down and, in that time, we've only been getting short little winks and nudges that DB has something planned. But honestly? I think they either have something planned for DB, at least right now, or the plan that they do have doesn't have any guarantees of going anywhere.

Like at least with RWBY and Viz, even if V10 doesn't happen then at least RWBY still has a platform where it can continue to exist. But DB doesn't have that luxury, so I can't really find a reason to feel hope for DB's future.

Congrats to RWBY. Overcoming yet another obstacle. As others have said, you have to admire somebody/something keep getting back up from heavy blows.

Yep like I mentioned it's like an STD that's refused to go away
I've been lurking around on this thread for the last several weeks and beyond, but I really have to ask if there IS any hope for Death Battle at this point in time.

It's been a significant enough amount of time since RT shut down and, in that time, we've only been getting short little winks and nudges that DB has something planned. But honestly? I think they either have something planned for DB, at least right now, or the plan that they do have doesn't have any guarantees of going anywhere.

Like at least with RWBY and Viz, even if V10 doesn't happen then at least RWBY still has a platform where it can continue to exist. But DB doesn't have that luxury, so I can't really find a reason to feel hope for DB's future.
Already mentioned regardless if RWBY is ass at the very least there's something to make money out of here with it
Death battle has the whole IP usage and profitable issue to deal with

Wasn’t it also confirmed death battle wasn’t profitable in the end? So it makes it harder for it to be picked up especially since it’s fanfic

Already mentioned regardless if RWBY is ass at the very least there's something to make money out of here with it
Death battle has the whole IP usage and profitable issue to deal with
My question has more to do with HOW it can continue existing at this stage in its life. I mean you are right about RWBY can still make money, but I think one point in its favor is that it's an original IP that doesn't need to crossover with other franchises.

But aside from the whole IP usage and going over budget thing which Death Battle did, I'm just wondering what DB can even do at this rate that goes beyond down scaling or limiting the budget if no one is going to buy them.

Wasn’t it also confirmed death battle wasn’t profitable in the end? So it makes it harder for it to be picked up especially since it’s fanfic
I recall a researcher saying this last year so yeah also vs is pretty niche at the end
My question has more to do with HOW it can continue existing at this stage in its life. I mean you are right about RWBY can still make money, but I think one point in its favor is that it's an original IP that doesn't need to crossover with other franchises.

But aside from the whole IP usage and going over budget thing which Death Battle did, I'm just wondering what DB can even do at this rate that goes beyond down scaling or limiting the budget if no one is going to buy them.
Who now they said there were talks of some deal but nothing confirms anything ATP so either there still talking or deals didn't go thru and Brandon weeks back said no one owns the right to the show currently so that doesn't help matters

Kerry still involved so no

Wait hold the **** on

Viz is a translation company....
Unless I missed something how the hell there gonna continue RWBY?
From what I've read, VIZ Media hires third party animation studios for their own IPs so the assumption that I'm assuming is VIZ is either going to hire a studio to animate RWBY which, after seeing the animation of Ice Queendom, has got some potential depending on what studio they hire.

Back