• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SmartSelect_20240510_153239_X.jpg
They DID make a point that they're taking their time with negotiations, which would suggest they're putting some thought into this rather than rushing things at the first possible moment.

Nah it’s been fun watching you spin any piece of good news as not being good enough.
good news
Lmao, a video saying what we’ve known for two months is enough for you to be convinced DB is 100% saved, enough for you to repost very shitty Reddit memes unironically. The channel hyped up absolutely nothing, that’s not good news.

Were you one of the people on Reddit screaming and crying at the mods telling them to ban every doomer? Be honest with this one.

Lmao, a video saying what we’ve known for two months is enough for you to be convinced DB is 100% saved, enough for you to repost very shitty Reddit memes unironically. The channel hyped up absolutely nothing, that’s not good news.

Were you one of the people on Reddit screaming and crying at the mods telling them to ban every doomer? Be honest with this one.
Nah, you're coping rn, this person's being normal and you're ******** yourself about it. Y'all have a crippling addiction to losing.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I dunno. I do think this implies that they get to keep IP & YT Channel, so that their legacy would stay. If not, it is kinda risky making promises that they couldnt keep.

Unless ofc, the deal is that WB allows them to do DB if they can manage to get budget from elsewhere themselves, which tbh I guess could work? But that would be semi-awkward.

On another note, EpicLinkSam has gotten around to getting me to binge a little show called 'Symphogear', and lo and behold A) it's pretty good, and B) I have in fact found a bunch of Xeno JRPG MUs, including a couple of characters I was struggling to find solid candidates for.

In our best Xander Mobus impression:
STAY TUNED.

symphogear-senki-zesshou-symphogear.gif

Legit @RiloKileyFan did they keep the channel or nah
He’s coping? Most of the the DB staff got laid off and they release a video stating the obvious. Nothing changes with this video released because we already knew this was happening.
What's annoys me is the annoying hopium as if it's confirmed it's saved
We have no idea other than it's in talks with buyers but still nothing beyond that

We have no idea other than it's in talks with buyers but still nothing beyond that
Dunno really.

They previously said that after May 10th they lose access to the channel, BUT the community tab will still be active. So somehow they will still have access to the channel's community tab, but nothing else? Nothing has changed regarding this from what I can tell.

My guesses are :they are scheduling the news ahead of time? or someone at WBD will post the news for them?

Last edited:
I mean we kinda knew theyd have no budget unless theyd get partner in 2 months. Its more important to know if they have access to YT Channel to know if they get to keep the brand.

Yall are dooming a biiit too much, tho since these deals are not public we still kinda dont know how good their talks are going. Maybe they are close to finish em? Maybe its all Joever? Still mystery.

I mean we kinda knew theyd have no budget unless theyd get partner in 2 months. Its more important to know if they have access to YT Channel to know if they get to keep the brand.

Yall are dooming a biiit too much, tho since these deals are not public we still kinda dont know how good their talks are going. Maybe they are close to finish em? Maybe its all Joever? Still mystery.
I’m more annoyed at the people who would hear Ben fart and then assume it means DB is back for 20 more seasons. It’s worse when they decide to talk down to and berate people who don’t share that opinion.

Also to make this clear, no, I don’t want the show to die, I don’t like seeing Luis, DA and the researchers lose their jobs, the only positive for me is that the people who berate others for not believing could be proven wrong. And that’s nothing compared to the negatives.

Also to make this clear, no, I don’t want the show to die, I don’t like seeing Luis, DA and the researchers lose their jobs, the only positive for me is that the people who berate others for not believing could be proven wrong. And that’s nothing compared to the negatives.
I thought this was clear tho? We’re still here because we like the show, people losing their jobs and some of theres livelihood is awful.

Again the video was mostly pointless

Nothing was said that we didn't knew already

Folks arguing oh it's to tell the casuals

Then why we didn't do this in April?

Like come on why not actually tell folks shit before the day RT bites it

Credit to the 4chan user for making this post

It takes 50 people to make the videos. The average salary in Texas is $52,806 per year, let's say $50,000 per staff member, things like health insurance adds another $10,000 on top of that.

Just the salaries are $3M/year, then you have the equipment, software, rent. So you're probably looking at expenses in the $3.5M/year.

"Now how much is Death Battle making? You can compare their channels to that of individual Youtubers (subscriber count, content velocity, etc.), and you're going to end in the mid six-figure range. Of course they have Patreon on top of that, but it's probably 1% or so off what they're making off Youtube.

So you're talking about a channel that bleeds millions every year.

So what investors would be willing to pay millions of dollars every year to publish fan fiction?"

Besides the patron thing wrong

Credit to the 4chan user for making this post

It takes 50 people to make the videos. The average salary in Texas is $52,806 per year, let's say $50,000 per staff member, things like health insurance adds another $10,000 on top of that.

Just the salaries are $3M/year, then you have the equipment, software, rent. So you're probably looking at expenses in the $3.5M/year.

"Now how much is Death Battle making? You can compare their channels to that of individual Youtubers (subscriber count, content velocity, etc.), and you're going to end in the mid six-figure range. Of course they have Patreon on top of that, but it's probably 1% or so off what they're making off Youtube.

So you're talking about a channel that bleeds millions every year.

So what investors would be willing to pay millions of dollars every year to publish fan fiction?"

Besides the patron thing wrong
"Millions" of dollars a year? That's enough to fund a season of 20 minute anime episodes from Studio Trigger. Lmao what?

NDAs are a bitch, ain’t they.? The fact they are in talks and making progress means that we have a legitimate reason to hope. This announcement is different, previous ones were “we can’t tell you what will happen to us because we legitimately don’t know” now it is “we can’t tell you what will happen to us because we are in talks behind the scene”.

Bei
NDAs are a bitch, ain’t they.? The fact they are in talks and making progress means that we have a legitimate reason to hope. This announcement is different, previous ones were “we can’t tell you what will happen to us because we legitimately don’t know” now it is “we can’t tell you what will happen to us because we are in talks behind the scene”.
What NDA
RT is dead and most of them are jobless

Back