• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Aside from Extreme Cold/Cosmic Radiation/Power Null Resistance what Resistances does Bill even have?
They gave him full low godly regen and the ability to regenerate his soul (which by proxy should give him the ability to destroy souls, considering he blew a hole in the chest of dipper’s soul and was implied to be about to kill Mabel & Soos’ for good), he should resist the Bell’s power null via the whole Shacktron barrier thing, they share a lot of abilities like time travel & Manip, reality warping, fourth wall awareness, being able to change the genre of the medium they’re in, transmutation, affecting minds & memories, etc.

This could end up just being a PhoenixRaven situation where soul destruction is the wincon unless they double down on the idea of Discord having conceptual regen later. The only reliable potential wincon I’ve seen for Discord so far unless it’s a statstomp is the Stone Sleep Spell, which hasn’t been brought up yet.

They gave him full low godly regen and the ability to regenerate his soul (which by proxy should give him the ability to destroy souls, considering he blew a hole in the chest of dipper’s soul and was implied to be about to kill Mabel & Soos’ for good), he should resist the Bell’s power null via the whole Shacktron barrier thing, they share a lot of abilities like time travel & Manip, reality warping, fourth wall awareness, being able to change the genre of the medium they’re in, transmutation, affecting minds & memories, etc.

This could end up just being a PhoenixRaven situation where soul destruction is the wincon unless they double down on the idea of Discord having conceptual regen later. The only reliable potential wincon I’ve seen for Discord so far unless it’s a statstomp is the Stone Sleep Spell, which hasn’t been brought up yet.
One correction: Grogar's Bell isn't regular power nullifying, it drains your power from you.

Also them implying Discord can affect the mathematical dimensions of things could potentially be a big deal, even if I think they're stretching that one a bit. Mind manipulation is also a big deal for Discord especially since it's one of the things he leads with besides Powernull.

Also, taking the fight to the mindscape where he can regen his soul is just asking to be put down. He has trouble against other reality warpers in canon.

Isn't power null and power steal different? Besides, didn't Bill's power got nulify by the memory gun?
And how does Bill have resistance to mind control and possession?
Also in the preview, they brought up Discord is Chaos incarnate and could have his soul recover with Chaos around.

One correction: Grogar's Bell isn't regular power nullifying, it drains your power from you.

Also them implying Discord can affect the mathematical dimensions of things could potentially be a big deal, even if I think they're stretching that one a bit. Mind manipulation is also a big deal for Discord especially since it's one of the things he leads with besides Powernull.

Also, taking the fight to the mindscape where he can regen his soul is just asking to be put down. He has trouble against other reality warpers in canon.
1. The barriers do the same thing. You can see it happen to the weirdness totem that starts attacking it. After a few swings all it’s power is drained from it and then it falls over as a normal totem again. Bill smacked that thing like a hundred times in a second and was perfectly fine.

2 & 3. I mean Bill started as a 2D entity and can just reform his 3D physical form at any point. I think the state he’s in without his physical form is what's referred to as his “spirit”. I don’t think that turning things 2D in this fight would matter at all.

Yeah those are two different powers

1. The barriers do the same thing. You can see it happen to the weirdness totem that starts attacking it. After a few swings all it’s power is drained from it and then it falls over as a normal totem again. Bill smacked that thing like a hundred times in a second and was perfectly fine.

2 & 3. I mean Bill started as a 2D entity and can just reform his 3D physical form at any point. I think the state he’s in without his physical form is what's referred to as his “spirit”. I don’t think that turning things 2D in this fight would matter at all.
So is the barrier power null or power absorption? Because Discord has both on hand apparently, which could mean trouble for Bill if he only resists one.

The thing is that by making his body a mathematical 2 dimensional structure, Discord could legit remove his physical form entirely, especially if he's capable of undoing things like the rift as well. If he cuts off Bill's connection to his realm in any way, he has the means to deal permanent hax damage to a much weaker Bill.

So is the barrier power null or power absorption? Because Discord has both on hand apparently, which could mean trouble for Bill if he only resists one.

The thing is that by making his body a mathematical 2 dimensional structure, Discord could legit remove his physical form entirely, especially if he's capable of undoing things like the rift as well. If he cuts off Bill's connection to his realm in any way, he has the means to deal permanent hax damage to a much weaker Bill.
I imagine DB classifies them as the same ability / a very similar one (like how if you resist transmutation most people would agree you resist petrification) but I’d say its visualization leans more towards power absorption, which lead to the totem being “nullified” and returning to normal.

And like, Bill calls creating his physical form a “multidimensional makeover” and they say he can do it at will. I’m pretty sure he would just create the physical form again and again as required should Discord remove the dimensionality.

I can't wait for people to start treating Bill Cipher as an unbeatable God by normies if he wins just like how Popeye and SpongeBob where treated after winning their episodes.

It's going to be so painful.
They probably do that if he lost too. Example: Ben vs Hal

I mean Bill kinda died so Death won :^)

Also yeaaaaah even if historically justified, MLP fans have been a liiittle bit uppity in Discord sweeping Bill. It might come back to bite em.

Also also maybe preview soon as usual? I missed Cast so far and they are now at talking about infinities. One of modern VS brainrots.

EDIT: DB Ballot Tournament begins next week. Get ready to vote.

Last edited:
Alright y’all, I’ve got a hypothetical for you. We’re going to compare Character A vs Character B.

Character A is infinite speed. Depending on what end of power you believe from them, they’re either decillions of times stronger, or millions of infinities stronger than Character B. They also have a handful of clear cut wincons that can permanently put down Character B.

Character B is immeasurable speed, but as mentioned significantly weaker. They only have about two notable, potential wincons, but they’re very shaky.

Who would you vote on winning?

HEAVILY depends on everything else. I don't think this is enough context to decide a clear winner here.

Although I do think this thought is good for sniffing out outliers and wanked characters

Liam, don’t disappoint me. Make the right choice.

I’m not gonna lie, based off of what the two previews have shown it honestly feels like setup for a Bill win? Nothing Discord was given seemed like something Bill couldn’t resist/counter, and some things in Bill’s preview seemed to setup a wincon. There’s some things for Bill that could counter/resist things brought up for Discord that haven’t come up yet either.

Also Discord’s preview was like a whole minute longer than Bill’s lol? They must start getting to the stats or really crazy stuff for both characters right after lol.
They’re just previews, even full analyses can be deceiving if they decide to pull a Golden Tree Feat. My comfort character isn’t going to lose to some malicious downplay.

If he pulled a Shadow the Hedgehog and came back for a Round 3, who would he fight?

If he pulled a Shadow the Hedgehog and came back for a Round 3, who would he fight?

He gets folded by The Amazing Bulk.

Are there any notable rage characters that even come close to being that strong, honestly?

Godzilla seems to be the big one nowadays.

Liam, don’t disappoint me. Make the right choice.

They’re just previews, even full analyses can be deceiving if they decide to pull a Golden Tree Feat. My comfort character isn’t going to lose to some malicious downplay.
Yeah I was just making an assumption based solely off of what's in the previews and what can be given to him from that + what I know about Bill. I think I said that the rest of the analysis' could totally drop something that either character is completely unable to deal with.

Kinda hilarious seeing Marvel heralds regularly get tier 1 scaling in newer DB episodes and some peeps (even me to an extent) getting tried of it then BOOM! H1-B to H1-A upgrades here on the Wiki (remember when they were stuck at 4-B and some even got downgraded?). Marvel bros are truly eating good in the power scaling community and to think at one point even getting Marvel heralds pass galaxy level was consider an outlier and impossible, how times have changed (H1-A RKT, 2-A game Super Sonic, 2-C SSj4 Goku, 2-C Maka, etc).

DC will hopefully be invited to the feast soon.

So is Thorgeta is definitely in the top 5 biggest stomps now?

Godzilla, literally the only thing he has left besides a rematch against Doomsday or worse, a fight a against Superman

Godzilla

Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile) vs Marietta (Dept. Heaven)

Arot has been quite interested and invested in sharing his love on Dept Heaven and Valkyrie Profile series recently.

Solange (Code of Princess) vs Yggdra (Dept. Heaven)

Lightning (Final Fantasy) vs Nora Valkyrie (Valkyrie Elysium)

Yeah Hulk doesn't need to come back lol nothing screams him needing a Runback
Except from die hard fans of Hulk who really wants a Hulk win.

But... who can be Hulk's opponents?

Last edited:
Kinda hilarious seeing Marvel heralds regularly get tier 1 scaling in newer DB episodes and some peeps (even me to an extent) getting tried of it then BOOM! H1-B to H1-A upgrades here on the Wiki (remember when they were stuck at 4-B and some even got downgraded?). Marvel bros are truly eating good in the power scaling community and to think at one point even getting Marvel heralds pass galaxy level was consider an outlier and impossible, how times have changed (H1-A RKT, 2-A game Super Sonic, 2-C SSj4 Goku, 2-C Maka, etc).

DC will hopefully be invited to the feast soon.

So is Thorgeta is definitely in the top 5 biggest stomps now?
Final Fantasy now consistently 2-A (it was all over the place before, VII was 4-B, V was 5-A, VI was High 5-A, etc.) Kingdom Hearts from High 6-A to Low 1-C, Shin Megami Tensei from 2-A to 1-A... yeah.

Back