• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I really dislike calcs that scale things like amount of fog, gas, liquids, water, blood that is moved and controlled. Because most of the times, a creator of a series won't know that moving a storm is city level. While doing something like, nuking a city is more straight forward and it's likelier it's closer to the intention of the author.

"Hey Joycap, how many Death Battle references do you want in this Saga script?"
Me: YES.

Time_huh_Saga.png

JB.png

Thor_what_Saga.png

Nah_chaos.png

I really dislike calcs that scale things like amount of fog, gas, liquids, water, blood that is moved and controlled. Because most of the times, a creator of a series won't know that moving a storm is city level. While doing something like, nuking a city is more straight forward and it's likelier it's closer to the intention of the author.
The entire point of this hobby is tied directly into tropes like "writers don't know math." Even in comics, the writers will sometimes paint significantly less impressive feats as more impressive or vice-versa. Maybe writers or animators might have just wanted to make something look cool, but that doesn't matter with powerscalers.

How is that an edge to alucard...by death battle argument Dio can just kill him over and over till his stock is done, can he can realistically do it
Even If we presume that it would take Alucard like 5 seconds to reform (it'd probably on average take longer but to give him the benifit of the doubt) Dio would need to fight for a week straight to destroy all of his lives (if we're going off the number listed on his profile). The idea that Alucard wouldn't be able pull off his mind hax or trick Dio into the light at least once is absurd.

Even If we presume that it would take Alucard like 5 seconds to reform (it'd probably on average take longer but to give him the benifit of the doubt) Dio would need to fight for a week straight to destroy all of his lives (if we're going off the number listed on his profile). The idea that Alucard wouldn't be able pull off his mind hax or trick Dio into the light at least once is absurd.
What about sunlight

The entire point of this hobby is tied directly into tropes like "writers don't know math." Even in comics, the writers will sometimes paint significantly less impressive feats as more impressive or vice-versa. Maybe writers or animators might have just wanted to make something look cool, but that doesn't matter with powerscalers.
Even then, I think we should aim to understand what the author wanted to convey a bit better.

More people understand that making a city sized crater, city size explosion or destroy something city sized is relatively around city level.

But people lose their sense of scale when it comes to things like storm feats, liquid/gas control feats.

Most of the time they're made to convey the range of their abilities rather than the strength of them.

Your average person doesn't know that moving clouds is nuke level.

That's why I think more straightforward feats are better at determining a character's power level than gas/liquid moving feats. It's the same issue I have with creation feats.

Even then, I think we should aim to understand what the author wanted to convey a bit better.

More people understand that making a city sized crater, city size explosion or destroy something city sized is relatively around city level.

But people lose their sense of scale when it comes to things like storm feats, liquid/gas control feats.

Most of the time they're made to convey the range of their abilities rather than the strength of them.

That's why I think more straightforward feats are better at determining a character's power level than gas/liquid moving feats. It's the same issue I have with creation feats.
For creation feats, things get more complicated.

Sometimes object creation can be as little as "reverse-destruction", sometimes it is town level even for creating a sword out from pure energy. And sometimes it is universe level.

And creation of a universe often requires way more than just energy, but the precision as well, as well as when the protagonists and the recovered/reformed creator god co-re-created the universe back to its previous order after it was supposedly destroyed by the antagonists. (And therefore should be way more impressive than pure destruction of it)

I am talking too much I need to sleep and prepare for tomorrow's work.

Yeah but even destruction feats can convey more than an author intended. Author says, "he can vaporize a building and everyone inside," and intended building level.

But surprise surprise, math says the vaporizing a whole building and everyone inside is actually much more than building level.

This hobby will almost never align with the creator's vision.

Yeah but even destruction feats can convey more than an author intended. Author says, "he can vaporize a building and everyone inside," and intended building level.

But surprise surprise, math says the vaporizing a whole building and everyone inside is actually much more than building level.

Things get more complicated when it comes to novels.

Like "melting a building by burning" - concrete buildings, when burnt, actually decomposes to ashes. Only the steel rebars are actually molten when being burned.

But you would see a lot of characters that "melted buildings".

And there are so many flowery words that are there for nourishing vocabulary rather than being taken literally.

What level does a complete vaporization of a building stands at? Depending on the building of course.

Idk when it comes to something like that it relys heavily on Dio not knowing when the sun coming up or the sun just instantly rising to cook him

Hell the fight relys on what time it starts
Mind haxs could be used to trick dio into the light, also if the fight does take multiple days to complete it will be day like half the time.

You still dont give any good reason how os that getting Alucard to win, let alone you ignore things big time

You imply Alucard cant regen fast if killed brutally, when was that ever a thing as you suggest

Also Dio spams time stop, how is he gonna make Dio need 1 week in real time to get rid of all these lol, he did on polnareff to troll him and vs jotaro as well in their whole fight when engaging close

The World is untouchable and unseeable, so he wont be able to see the stand attacking him ever either

Show me Alucard being as smart as Joseph and Jotaro to trick him or such, with Joseph he figured he had hermit purple with hamon, with Jotaro he was aware of the possibility he will play dead with him and took extra measures

You dont convince anybody with these, let alone most of them Death Battle themselves adressed too you seem to ignore it

You seen storms when they rain big time? Especially where it floods streets and what not or clouds arent empty to even move them fast and many of them needs quite a lot to do

This is literally the typical "the one which is cooler looking is the best" which isnt the case

Fair enough, I still stand by what I say but I admit that straightforward feats like vaporization/pulverization feats can also give results that might have not been the intention of the author. Though I am less bothered by them since I see those feats less in powerscaling discussions.

In my eyes, things like feats of range and feats of moving clouds, gases and liquids should only be used as feats to support other straightforward feats on the same level. Otherwise, I personally consider it an outlier.

Though at the same time, I don't really care if this site values feats related to fluids as much as straightforward feats. I'm not here to cause change.
You seen storms when they rain big time? Especially where it floods streets and what not or clouds arent empty to even move them fast and many of them needs quite a lot to do

This is literally the typical "the one which is cooler looking is the best" which isnt the case
I know what you mean. Things like clouds tend to not be as light as most people make them out to be and would realistically require a lot of energy to be moved.

My point is that your average author or average person that isn't into the powerscaling circlejerk doesn't realize that, they don't realize that moving a storm needs as much energy as 26.68382 gigashittatons of nukes therefore they are not reliable to quantify the power of most fictional characters since they tend to create lots of outliers.

I kindaaaa have a hunch that maybe Al should beat DIO realistically, but I havent read either series so just guessing based on missing and maybe faulty info.

In modern VS scaling mind DIO prolly wins.

So wats the key info from today's ballot
Um ummm

Sheev vs the KH villain guy is pretty much gonna happen eventually
Most of them have never heard of Wordgirl and Super Why
Most of them don't know what Touhou is, DJTiki is only familiar with a few characters (Sakuya). The storyboard artist did know about Touhou, described the characters as unkillable and broken. (Doctor Who vs Yukari) and says Yukari probably beats the Doctor.
SCP is gonna be hard to bring in, would probably need to change the format of the show to complement SCP
Jin Mori vs Goku: They assume Mori is weak and they would have to nerf Goku. Ben is interested in bringing back a specific arc version of Goku, but is worried about the backlash if Goku loses in that scenario. One of them said he thinks a good chunk of God of HighSchool sucks or something like that.
Toad seems to be an overdue character for them, but Ben said that it's not surprising they haven't used Toad because he's.....Toad. Nobody cares about Toad.
Conan vs Dipper seems fun to them.

That's pretty much all I got from it. There's some guilty gear MU and some jojo MU fight but I could care less about those to pay attention.

Ballot Banter #17
Red vs Agent 3- Dunno Splatoon too much, don’t really get the MU. Ori vs Knight- Have talked about it a bunch, it’s good and they like it.
Palpetine vs Xehanort- a good fun one that would be cool, basically inevitable, Ben joked about how people would take that as a direct confirmation which it isn’t. Word Girl vs Super Why- Ben and Sam weren’t familiar at all with them because they’re OLD.
Star Fox vs Rouge Squadron- Ben loves it, have talked about doing it on the show before, rly like it.
The 13th Doctor vs Yukari- John remains the only one to know Touhou.
Kirby vs Rimuru- Vaguely knew Rimuru, joked about a requirement on the next ballot to have a pun.
Doomsday vs 682- Sounds confusing to research, but Ben liked the idea of changing the format of the show a bit and SCP might sound fitting.
Maxwell vs Sackboy- DJ sounded very into it, sounds very fun and creative.
Goku vs Mori Jin- Goku probably obliterates. But Ben likes the idea of doing Goku from a specific time period.
I-No vs Maruki- Persona/GG sounds like a good mix, I-No probably can take it, sounds like fun. Phoenix vs Makoto- Have also seen Conan vs Phoenix and have a similar issue of how the fight should actually work.
Scorpion vs Wolf- Sekiro is cool, haven’t done a ninja battle in awhile and this sounds sick, “absolute banger” might be a cast. Gyro vs Kamina- Like it.
Um ummm

Most of them don't know what Touhou is, DJTiki is only familiar with a few characters (Sakuya). The storyboard artist did know about Touhou, described the characters as unkillable and broken. (Doctor Who vs Yukari) and says Yukari probably beats the Doctor.
SCP is gonna be hard to bring in, would probably need to change the format of the show to complement SCP
Jin Mori vs Goku: They assume Mori is weak and they would have to nerf Goku. Ben is interested in bringing back a specific arc version of Goku, but is worried about the backlash if Goku loses in that scenario. One of them said he thinks a good chunk of God of HighSchool sucks or something like that.
Toad seems to be an overdue character for them, but Ben said that it's not surprising they haven't used Toad because he's.....Toad. Nobody cares about Toad.

That's pretty much all I got from it. There's some guilty gear MU and some jojo MU fight but I could care less about those to pay attention.

Bandana Waddle Dee vs Toad- would be adorable.

Um ummm

Hell yes. The Touhou wank agenda scores another victory....

Hell yes. The Touhou wank agenda scores another victory....
Lol
anyways it did highlight how the series is still a who to them barring DJ and the storyboard artist

Man, if Bandanna Dee were to be used on Toad when Hero Prinny is literally the same matchup with better connections and animation potential, then I'd die internally.
I know some guy in the discord shilling Krillin vs Bandanna Dee

Also back on Goku vs Jin Mori I vastly DISLIKE the idea of using an early version an character for a MU

In my eyes, things like feats of range and feats of moving clouds, gases and liquids should only be used as feats to support other straightforward feats on the same level. Otherwise, I personally consider it an outlier.

I know what you mean. Things like clouds tend to not be as light as most people make them out to be and would realistically require a lot of energy to be moved.

My point is that your average author or average person that isn't into the powerscaling circlejerk doesn't realize that, they don't realize that moving a storm needs as much energy as 26.68382 gigashittatons of nukes therefore they are not reliable to quantify the power of most fictional characters since they tend to create lots of outliers.
First of all such feats arent outliers nor lead to that, outlier is if a character blows a universe when his other feats are planet busting all time in general, but even so it depends on a case by case basis if the jump makes sense there from such an instance, either explained or figured by looking at the series and examine them

Back