• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just change the name.
Ya gonna need a strong branding name for a vs show assuming they can't use the DB name brand
Id absolutely take monthly, 2 monthly or goddamn 10+ monthly DBs tbh. Its better than nothing.
Depends if they wanna go that route, honestly tho if they take longer, each episode can actually be good in quality, like a season finale or special one as bill vs discord
I don't see monthly working out really feels of losing steam and clicks given the algorithms and DB views aren't as strong years ago

Last edited:

worried-scared.gif

I don't see how slashing the budget gonna make things better
No parent company means that whatever they make off of YouTube is all they’re getting.
Massively reduced budget means massively reduced pay and/or layoffs.
People aren’t going to work if they’re not getting paid.

Dont say that! Speedy will get very upset!
huh

i don't understand this, is this that thing people do where they project their weird interpretation of me onto me even though they don't know me, or are you talking about some other speedy

Edit: Oh is it in reference to me saying that one time that nerds online pretending to understand how production/budgeting works and making extremely sweeping claims can be kind of annoying? lol. If so, it probably says a lot that it took me actively backsearching my own messages to understand what you were talking about ngl.

Last edited:
Someone posted a discord screenshot of you getting pretty upset over the idea of cutting the budget.
I wasn't upset over the idea of cutting the budget (that shit happens sometimes, it's fine lol), I was criticizing the person whose comment I was speaking about for trying to definitively claim that all DB would need to do to survive is cut the budget and then making a lot of suggestions that either don't make sense or wouldn't actually solve anything or save much (if any) money. Which just made the person look really dumb lol. The point wasn't "don't suggest cutting the budget" it was "man don't act like you know more than you actually do about this stuff".

Someone posted a discord screenshot of you getting pretty upset over the idea of cutting the budget.
I've held off on saying anything but a lot of talks of budget here are just not true and the OOC screenshot of me estimating a budget is just that: me estimating based off my own experiences. Patently, budgets are just ONE part of a production and slashing it doesn't necessarily mean everything would be all honky-dory. For instance, I remember seeing a take here of "lower edit quality to save the show" when I wasn't paid on commission and whether I spend 20 hours making an episode with cool edits vs 20 hours making one without it, I still got paid the same. (For example, I got around the same payout for Friezatron and GojoMakima)

The prevailing thing is that I'm, nor the researchers, nor moderators, not the Showrunner, Producer or Sr. Licensing Manager of the show, and I know you guys aren't either. There's far more moving parts to this whole ordeal than just budget. Ben and Mbu put it best, when we have information we can share, we'll share it. I'm just trying not to spread negativity where it's easy to do so. It is what it is!

Edit: I do understand the worry though, and it is flattering to know people care here. Just that it really is just exactly as we've been saying.

Eh, just wanna clear stuff up since I don't like it whenever staff is targeted for issues out of their control. There's enough going on as is.
Well that’s understandle. There is one thing that bothers me about it though.

I’ve been on the discord for quite a while and I’ve noticed that screenshotting messages to post elsewhere is seen as a no-no there. Fair enough. However, why is it then ok for the users of the discord to take screenshots of other forums and post them there for staff to call stupid?

It seems very hypocritical to forbid screenshots be taken of the discord yet be ok with people taking screenshots of other places to post there, ya know?

Well that’s understandle. There is one thing that bothers me about it though.

I’ve been on the discord for quite a while and I’ve noticed that screenshotting messages to post elsewhere is seen as a no-no there. Fair enough. However, why is it then ok for the users of the discord to take screenshots of other forums and post them there for staff to call stupid?

It seems very hypocritical to forbid screenshots be taken of the discord yet be ok with people taking screenshots of other places to post there, ya know?
I don't recall this ever happening. If it did, I'd love to see examples. People shouldn't be doing that either and afaik, the DB staff don't point at other places and call them stupid. Most of them don't frequent these vs community messaging forums.

Back