• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If that was the case DekuAsta would've been a fanfav mu

THIS
There not wrong with wanting a mu to have more the bar minimum but the more you try to gass it up on long lines of connections etc it's makes feel more shallow especially if ur familiar with both series
It happened to me several times. I learn more about a two characters pitted against each other and then the matchup starts being more shallow to me in my eyes, as if the MU maker desperately tried to make completely different characters look similar when they aren't.

What are your opinions on Kamala Khan's death in the recent Spider-Man run?
image.jpg

In regards to Kamala's death:
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRKKAgoE/

That is a thing I dislike about comics. Almost nothing is impactful since it gets rebooted by the next run. Kamala will revive again later. It's a death in a western comics, who cares? They will always revive.
This is why manga is better.
Comics at their peak are better in my opinion. I mean, Spider-Man No More was an amazing issue, and it was from the 60's. And Strazinsky's run is one of the best.

In the 900th issue of Batman, Batman fights Red Mask, a Joker that's sane, Batman loses and lost an arm while Red Mask spills out a "multiversal gas" all over Gotham.

With enough energy, he tries to become the Joker and see what made him by peering into his. Red Mask fails, so if he can't become the Joker, he creates more by hopping through universes by mentally linking himself with every Joker in the multiverse, even the dead ones. Batman gives chase and here he begins to meet more Batmen. Michael Keaton, Gotham By Gaslight, DCAU (young and old), Adam West, even Dark Knight Returns makes an appearance.
so....it's literally just spiderverse but batman?

While comics duo ofc have good stuff, it cannot be overstated enough.

The lows are some of most lowest lows in any media franchises in history. **** me, people already have given up on modern Marvel & DC practically.

DBS whoring out nostalgia, Sonic's worst games, ******* RWBY, all of these are not as bad as comics duo at their worst.

Does anyone know anything worse than the lowest low of comics duo? closest is DCEU I guess but lol

DBS whoring out nostalgia
Was it really that bad? Vegeta has his Final Explosion and Final Flash stuff, but at least they were integrated into the story (Final Explosion being used to overpower Toppo's Hakai and the Final Flash being a semi-desperate attempt to overpower Jiren).

Heck, even the flashbacks are generally well done. DBS has big issues, but I never really thought noatalgia baiting was a major one.

The lows are some of most lowest lows in any media franchises in history. **** me, people already have given up on modern Marvel & DC practically.

DBS whoring out nostalgia, Sonic's worst games, ******* RWBY, all of these are not as bad as comics duo at their worst.

Does anyone know anything worse than the lowest low of comics duo? closest is DCEU I guess but lol
I'd say this current Spider-Man run is the equivalent of the Mariana Trench in terms of low. After a decent, if not great run, we get this shit, and its painful.....

Was it really that bad? Vegeta has his Final Explosion and Final Flash stuff, but at least they were integrated into the story (Final Explosion being used to overpower Toppo's Hakai and the Final Flash being a semi-desperate attempt to overpower Jiren).

Heck, even the flashbacks are generally well done. DBS has big issues, but I never really thought noatalgia baiting was a major one.
Personally DBS is ok enough, but they did bring back Frieza, twice and now he is a permanent character again, Broly, kinda with Cell, RR & androids, Beast being SSJ2 moment again mimicking it too, all the minor anime references and Toyo copying moments across the series. Not to mention transformations are often recolors, even if SSJ is kinda basic transformation itself.

Hell, if they bring back Cooler or Janemba to canon, thatd be whoring it out too. I do agree that these are valid concerns.

Man this ***** funny in the discord one of the researchers summed it up well
What people are suggesting here I hardly see in the comments section

most matchups people just want because it's two characters they want to see fight
not because of a list of connections
or what's "thematically" the best

95% of people who watch DB do not give af about connections
or animation potential

it's not a matter of "which one is better"
it's which one is more requested

and some of these throw it at a wall fights have more requests

than matches with an essays worth of connections

I mean, there's definitely as bad, if not worse, bits of media from every kind than the worst that DC and Marvel have to offer. It's just that the vast majority of media that is the same level as things like Avengers 200 or One More Day or the worst that DC has done isn't attached to names anywhere near as profitable, well known, or long lasting. It's a combination of history, monopoly/duopoly, and just sheer output that leads to the perception that nothing touches DC or Marvel for worst of the worst, but that's a faulty perception. There's been similarly bad output from things like webcomics or newspaper comics, video games, movies, TV shows, books, everything under the sun. It's just that there are very few things that reach that level of awfulness from similar levels of ubiquitous knowledge. Hell, take the Star Wars prequels and sequels, who might have received more hate than any awful comic run or storyline even when boiling it down to single movies, and I don't think any of them compare to Avengers 200 in terms of sheer awfulness, not even Rise of Skywalker. It just takes something special in terms of prior acclaim, sheer awfulness, and widespread knowledge to match the outrage things like a merely bad Star Wars movie or an insult to the medium of comics narrative like Marvel or DC's worst has to offer; off the top of my head only things like ET for the Atari 2600 can compare when it comes to all three.

though I personally would argue that Sonic's worst games are near the worst games ever and thus do actually compare to some of the worst that comics has to offer, but that's just me and my personal beliefs around Sonic 06.

Nice low hanging fruit yet people are fine with "modern gaming" being a cesspool of microtransactions, predatory monitorization, dubious DLC, etc (funny how being popular/iconic means your subjected to stricter double standards than your contemporaries) also Superman 64.

though I personally would argue that Sonic's worst games are near the worst games ever and thus do actually compare to some of the worst that comics has to offer, but that's just me and my personal beliefs around Sonic 06.
There've been objectively hundreds of games worst than Sonic 06 (a couple of them being Sonic games too) that have been released both before and after it plus Sonic 06 didn't have the "luxury" of DLC and ongoing patches to fix it like "modern" games.

At this point those who still whine about how bad Sonic 06 was, should be gatekeeper outta the fandom so the franchise can continue to prosper without the detractors holding on to the past, I mean it's been almost 20 years now!

image.jpg
Could have at least killed off Miles instead. Kahmala atleast has potential as a character it's just Marvel doesn't know how to properply build their popular character, if your gonna kill someone off atleast cut off the dead weight.

Could have at least killed off Miles instead. Kahmala atleast has potential as a character it's just Marvel doesn't know how to properply build their popular character, if your gonna kill someone off atleast cut off the dead weight.
I'm trying to figure out what's more hilarious; Miles pulling venom blast blades outta nowhere or CW Flash with those Speedforce swords, on one hand the former happened in the canon source material but on the other hand, the latter had more attention due to having a larger audience...

1. Ballot banter 22
  2. Gordon vs Isaac - really like it, aware of how big it is
  3. Osmosis Jones vs White Blood - think it's cool, wouldn't mind doing it
  4. jin vs Arthur - really like it, Think it would be fun. The ninja vs cowboy theme is cool.
  5. Issei vs tatsumi - they think it's cool.
  6. God emperor of mankind vs The god pharaoh - mentioned bringing wanting to bring in Warhammer before, Sam is a big fan of magic the gathering too. Generally think it's cool
  7. Pea shooter vs Red - think it's cool, but prefer doing the all plants vs all birds. Chris vs monokuma - they get it, big fan of Chris.
  8. Younger togouro vs Roah - like it a lot, if akuma isn't chosen for roah, togouro would probably be it
  9. Rex vs max steel - know its popular, think it's neat
  10. Kasumi vs tachibana- think it's fun but didn't really have much to say.
  11. Kitana vs kasumi (dead or alive) - think it's cool.
  12. Erza vs Saber (fate) - didn't really say much, know that fate is really requested, Dj joked saying 'saber vs a lightsaber"
  13. Larry-boy vs Bibleman, never gonna happen but think it's fun
  14. Ghost face vs Fisherman - didn't really say much sadly.
  15. Andrias vs Asgore - one of the team members is really cool, Weren't sure how to approach undertale scaling
  16. Smaug vs fin fing foom - think it's cool but know its a horrible unfair stomp
  17. Gamma 1 & 2 vs X & Zero - Weren't really that into it.
  18. Wamuu vs Jetstream Sam - ehh, if they wanna do a MGS vs Jojo it would be Valentine vs Armstrong
  19. Agent johnny vs Booster gold - said that fortnite is probably gonna get on one day, think it's cool.

There've been objectively hundreds of games worst than Sonic 06 (a couple of them being Sonic games too) that have been released both before and after it plus Sonic 06 didn't have the "luxury" of DLC and ongoing patches to fix it like "modern" games.

At this point those who still whine about how bad Sonic 06 was, should be gatekeeper outta the fandom so the franchise can continue to prosper without the detractors holding on to the past, I mean it's been almost 20 years now!
Can we at least get Mephiles back? He was actually kinda cool...
Miles is the only major character from the Axel Alonso era who's still relevant at this point. Kamala, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, bunch of others I'm probably forgetting... they've all been thrown to the wayside ever since CB Cebulski took over.

Can we at least get Mephiles back? He was actually kinda cool...
You know for longest time I've heard rumours of Mep returning in both Generations and Forces yet he was scrapped during development however I've never been able to find reliable/credible sources for those rumors.
Miles is the only major character from the Axel Alonso era who's still relevant at this point. Kamala, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, bunch of others I'm probably forgetting... they've all been thrown to the wayside ever since CB Cebulski took over.
I remember the naive days of Vs debating where it was commonly believed she was some "omnipotent gag character" beyond tiering.

Nice low hanging fruit yet people are fine with "modern gaming" being a cesspool of microtransactions, predatory monitorization, dubious DLC, etc (funny how being popular/iconic means your subjected to stricter double standards than your contemporaries) also Superman 64.
Unfortunately Sonic's reputation in mid 2000s was way worse than how modern gaming should be treated. I do also wonder if Sonic has the worst reputation of all major VG franchises.

Ofc outside of main general views, Sonic fans finally have it decent while say Blizzard and Halo fans have kinda been suffering badly too, Halo arguably for years despite general audience liking them.
95% of people who watch DB do not give af about connections
or animation potential
Repeating on this, I do want some connections, otherwise the Pandora's box is opened to shit like Hulk vs Flash and no thanks.

But all that is needed is simple basic decent connection. Or major rivalry. DB is generally good with these

image.jpg

God ******* damn it.

For those who don't know, they've been teasing a death for awhile now that was going to be a major turning point in Spider-Man comics, something not seen since the death of Gwen Stacey. This whole run has been shit, and somehow it actually got worse. How is this impactful? How can Marvel be mishandling their characters this badly? How the **** are they going to kill off Kamala in another heroes series, Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel barely even know each other! They swapped bodies once, and that's about all I can think of.

Why are the Fantastic Four there? Why the **** is Paul there?! Where's Miles, Tony, her friends and family? Kamala didn't deserve this shit, she's literally getting a movie in a few months. We know she's not staying dead for long. Marvel's going to bring her back to make her a mutant so that her powerset fits more in line with her MCU counterpart, mark my ******* words.

It is sad, even if 06 was a major fumble for a major release, it did cause a massive after effect for the series which wasnt quite justified.

I didnt played it, but Unleashed's metacritic is like only few points away from Forces' which is fascinating, as after many years this would be considered a laughable opinion in Sonic fanbase nowadays.

It is sad, even if 06 was a major fumble for a major release, it did cause a massive after effect for the series which wasnt quite justified.

I didnt played it, but Unleashed's metacritic is like only few points away from Forces' which is fascinating, as after many years this would be considered a laughable opinion in Sonic fanbase nowadays.
The day sections are some of the best, and while controversial the night sections are fine as well.

And it has the best theme and final boss music

But all that is needed is simple basic decent connection. Or major rivalry. DB is generally good with these
idk when we got obsessed over a Mu needing 500 paragraphs for a Mu feels like we forget we're watching a web series where or favs beat the shit outta each others
God ******* damn it.

For those who don't know, they've been teasing a death for awhile now that was going to be a major turning point in Spider-Man comics, something not seen since the death of Gwen Stacey. This whole run has been shit, and somehow it actually got worse. How is this impactful? How can Marvel be mishandling their characters this badly? How the **** are they going to kill off Kamala in another heroes series, Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel barely even know each other! They swapped bodies once, and that's about all I can think of.

Why are the Fantastic Four there? Why the **** is Paul there?! Where's Miles, Tony, her friends and family? Kamala didn't deserve this shit, she's literally getting a movie in a few months. We know she's not staying dead for long. Marvel's going to bring her back to make her a mutant so that her powerset fits more in line with her MCU counterpart, mark my ******* words.
this is why no one should care about modern comiics

I guess tbf, F4 & Paul were in previous issue and are part of the run, so story wise its not that implausible that they are? Hell the issue isnt technically even out yet.

But killing Kamala in a Spidey Book is free stonks for me to shit on it lmao

Back