• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Right, so people will just wank her straight to 1-A/1-Bish because Zarathustra exists, but let's take this a bit at a time instead of rushing to the conclusion:

Saga 1 (and to a lesser extent Saga 2) has some Solar System level stuff, what with Shion mentioning that Miyuki's division was in possession of star-busting stuff, and even greater (a cartridge that KOS-MOS does end up using, for the record). People will also try to bring up KOS-MOS using TWS to fight U-DO in a flashback, but it's unlikely this was a full Universe, moreso a portion of a Solar System or Galaxy (the scope isn't all that clear, is what I'm saying). Albedo was casually toying with the party inside the Song of Nephilim, and him... we'll come back to him.

Saga 2 has similar, with Margulis going on record that the E.S Isschar that Pellegri casually pilots has the might of 'an entire star system' (whether this means SS or Galaxy level isn't quite as clear as it should be). However, a 2nd R&D Division member also went on record to state that '120 Star Systems had already been wiped out by the Gnosis', so we can assume a highball here.

And that's just casual stuff. Albedo at the end of the game ends up a part of U-DO, and states that he could 'shove this entire dimension into a high order domain' (lowballed, this is around 2-B, but could be as high as 1-C/1-B at a vague guess). There's very little I can say about Saga III at that point beyond Yuriev claiming he could 'transcend U-DO', because A) I don't want to dignify it one second longer than I have to, and B) this thread exists. Take it for what you will. (Oh, and also I have mock profiles)
Ooh....interesting stuff. I had heard that Xenogewre was 1-A not due to Zarathustra existing in verse, but apparently because the game has shit to do with Jungian Archetypes and religious symbolism.

Though I'm a total novice when it comes to Xenogears, so if you wish to correct my ignorance on the matter then I'm all ears

It's shit MU, and Belial has an universal scaling so he stomp SpaceGoji hard, and their connection are bad too
sinestro-vs-ultraman-belial-visualised-connections-v0-xotrmdsxyzrb1.png
i've seen folks push this

"Megamind will return in his own sequel series as he performs his new hero's quest to become a social media influencer."

"SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER"

If this is in any way remotely true, then what **** is DreamWorks smoking to come up with a story that I would consider to already be out of taste and completely dated by the time it releases? Again maybe this is just speculations and nothing concrete, but if it is concrete then it's unimageable that DW can go from something like Puss In Boots: The Last Wish to something so ridiculous like "Let's have Megamind go on a quest to become a social media influencer!" or anything remotely stupid like that.

"Megamind will return in his own sequel series as he performs his new hero's quest to become a social media influencer."

"SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCER"

If this is in any way remotely true, then what **** is DreamWorks smoking to come up with a story that I would consider to already be out of taste and completely dated by the time it releases? Again maybe this is just speculations and nothing concrete, but if it is concrete then it's unimageable that DW can go from something like Puss In Boots: The Last Wish to something so ridiculous like "Let's have Megamind go on a quest to become a social media influencer!" or anything remotely stupid like that.
DreamWorks has always been like this, The Last Wish is just an outlier for their recent years. (And it isn't even amazing, it's great, but not as good as everyone has hyped it up to be. Pinocchio definitely deserved that Oscar over it.)

Galactus VS Unicron became somehow polemic as or even more polemic than GVS 3
Frieza vs Megatron didn't help a whole lot, much as I hate the "fanbase salty" stuff, a lot of Transformers fans are very bitter about both losses
I think there was more salt with Frieza Vs Megatron because Megatron does have ways to win and Meg's analysis was kinda wack.

With Galactus Vs Unicron, they mostly got it right, and Galactus is a capeshit character, we all saw his W from a mile away lmao

DreamWorks has always been like this, The Last Wish is just an outlier for their recent years. (And it isn't even amazing, it's great, but not as good as everyone has hyped it up to be. Pinocchio definitely deserved that Oscar over it.)
(Fair point, though I think The Last Wish and Pinocchio are both equally great movies so is there much point in comparing them when they both rule hard)
See that's my issue with DreamWorks. Yes, it is something they've always done in the past, but it absolutely results in a great chunk of their cinematic library being absolutely dated by the time they come out in theaters and being genuinely bad movies I'm talking about YOU, SharkTale, you suck hard and no amount of memes will ever get me to ever consider you anywhere other then shit.

And what's frustrating is that Shrek 1, 2, 4, Puss In Boots The Last Wish, How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Prince of Egypt, and Megamind all together should've told Dreamworks then and now that movies which are timeless and fantastic will always be better then the movies they make which chase current trends. Especially when this is for a sequel to Megamind, something which in recent years has garnered much more attention and praise now that people discovered that the movie was much more clever and deep then meets the eye.

Juggernaut VS Overlord (Marvel VS Transformers)- Liam thinks it’s cool. He doesn’t know what Overlord’s shtick is (he assumes it’s that he’s extremely powerful and difficult to kill like the Juggernaut), but he’s heard people claim that Overlord wins, which surprises John.
Looking at where they scale Marvel, probably not lmfao, even using the IDW high ends.

Garou VS Godspeed (One-Punch Man VS DC)- “Poor Garou”. John knows next to nothing about Godspeed, but is aware that he’s a DC speedster, “and that means he wins”. Sam recalls that Godspeed is “part of the Speed Force” in a similar manner to Wally West, and says if he has even a fraction of the Speed Force, he wins. John notes that we’ve already seen what happens when Garou fights somebody faster than him (“it doesn’t go well”).
Lmfao

Getter Robo VS Masinger Z- Liam calls it a classic. Sam isn’t personally into the mecha genre, and thinks fictional robots have less appeal now that real robots are more common (Liam and John are both disappointed by this take).
Bruh

Super Friends VS Super Hero Squad- Sam argues that Wonder Woman solos the entire Super Hero Squad, but the others point out that his arguments are based on stuff from the comics that SF Diana doesn’t have. Sam then says that, if we’re just judging based on the cartoon versions of the characters, then the SHS probably wins via Silver Surfer alone. Liam brings up the billions of times FTL feat mentioned in Spongebob VS Aquaman, and that SF Superman is still ridiculously powerful. John later looks up one of SHS Silver Surfer’s insane feats (absorbing the Infinity Sword and Infinity Gauntlet’s powers and wiping out 1/3 of the universe).
I kinda like this one NGL. Decent alternative to JL Vs Avengers

Don't people love that Bad Guy movie?
Like the only recent Dreamworks movie people seem to dislike is that Kraken one and that had a troubled development from what I heard.

Don't people love that Bad Guy movie?
It's liked, but don't tell people it's a re-skinned Megamind
Like the only recent Dreamworks movie people seem to dislike is that Kraken one and that had a troubled development from what I heard.
there are a few others which I don't think we're all that well reviewed. Like the 3rd Trolls movie and the 2nd Boss Baby movies. I had to muster the courage to say the names of those two franchises.

I think there was more salt with Frieza Vs Megatron because Megatron does have ways to win and Meg's analysis was kinda wack.
Oh it definitely was wack, especially with how poorly put together DB's justifications for omitting stuff are to pretty much everyone with a decent enough knowledge of Transformers. Not that the outcome isn't correct (with what they did use anyway, i.e. Sunbow speed feats and dwarf star AP + IDW with universal wank and antimatter hax) but it's definitely kind of...poor in a lot of ways? Transformers fans still were extremely over-the-top toxic about it though, that much is clear lol

Looks like there are fans other than DBZ who get annoyed that their verse loses a lot.

Megatron's L seems fine cause its just G1 Cartoon + IDW. But like... that is kinda limited composite? Especially if in future they'll stick to immeasurable speed DBS which honestly is wild if thats going to be a recurring thing.

Looks like there are fans other than DBZ who get annoyed that their verse loses a lot.

Megatron's L seems fine cause its just G1 Cartoon + IDW. But like... that is kinda limited composite? Especially if in future they'll stick to immeasurable speed DBS which honestly is wild if thats going to be a recurring thing.
The immeasurable stuff would've been easy to deal with if DB focus on heroes feats but given they mainly use the super version to justify it makes it a future head scratcher if it gets ignored

7 WORDS: E-S-S-E-N-C-E-
Super Friends VS Super Hero Squad- Sam argues that Wonder Woman solos the entire Super Hero Squad, but the others point out that his arguments are based on stuff from the comics that SF Diana doesn’t have. Sam then says that, if we’re just judging based on the cartoon versions of the characters, then the SHS probably wins via Silver Surfer alone. Liam brings up the billions of times FTL feat mentioned in Spongebob VS Aquaman, and that SF Superman is still ridiculously powerful. John later looks up one of SHS Silver Surfer’s insane feats (absorbing the Infinity Sword and Infinity Gauntlet’s powers and wiping out 1/3 of the universe).
Super Hero Squad gets the W, no one has an answer to Wanda's Time stop based on probability or anything else, Sentry exists and is still the boy 1 million supernovas, Hulk has moved a cherry of the size of a moon, resist a black hole, etc.

Curiously, a fodder like Fin Fang Foom has the same feat as the alien terrodatil of traveling from Earth to another galaxy and heralds weaker than Surfer cross multiple galaxies, so speed is not a problem.

Ooh....interesting stuff. I had heard that Xenogears was 1-A not due to Zarathustra existing in verse, but apparently because the game has shit to do with Jungian Archetypes and religious symbolism.

Though I'm a total novice when it comes to Xenogears, so if you wish to correct my ignorance on the matter then I'm all ears

There is some overlap into Gears, but I think you meant Saga when referring to KOS-MOS.

Also, I think people should be more willing to ignore Jung. Sure, he has his admirers, but to me? He was just an old man (it's something I mentioned in Saga script, actually).

Megatron's L seems fine cause its just G1 Cartoon + IDW. But like... that is kinda limited composite? Especially if in future they'll stick to immeasurable speed DBS which honestly is wild if thats going to be a recurring thing
Being limited isn't really the issue, nor is Megatron losing. It's that using IDW and Sunbow then saying that JPG1 stuff isn't related to G1 or IDW is just bad reasoning for not including it. Firstly because JPG1 stuff is actually related to the Sunbow cartoon, but more importantly because IDW isn't related to the original G1, and compositing Megatron like that just doesn't work from a character perspective.

It boggles my mind because it would've been much easier to just not use IDW stuff at all, and keep it either Sunbow only or just Sunbow and adjacent stuff. I get that IDW is more famous in VS debates and so it has more already done research for it, which definitely made the team's work easier, but I think the episode really falls flat in its analysis and suffers all the more for it.

Back