• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Superman is just like any character in comics

When written well ya see the allure of the big guy

When not...well yeah it be rough but that's comics in a nutshell
I tend to find that reading Superman expies also helps you get the allure a bit better if one's feeling jaded with the original (like I was after Death Battle and the Injustice train)

Hyperion had a short stint for example. I actually quite liked the Utopian in Jupiter's Circle as a good Superman expy.

That’s a weird way of saying Gemini Saga
W

A1mDXo1.jpg
jp4kxN6.jpg

Goku Black-L to Thawne
Vegeta-L to Thor
Xeno Trunks-L to Archie silver
Gogito-draw
Frieza-W over Megatron
Goku-L to Superman(Again)

Yeah @Chronicplane I'm not keen on the outcome being another Goku L especially a third time
Fight may be good but this just leaves me sour

I really rather no more MU with DC or Marvel for a damn while

Just give me different franchise like with transformers

Goku Black-L to Thawne
Vegeta-L to Thor
Xeno Trunks-L to Archie silver
Gogito-draw
Frieza-W over Megatron
Goku-L to Superman(Again)

Yeah @Chronicplane I'm not keen on the outcome being another Goku L especially a third time
Fight may be good but this just leaves me sour

I really rather no more MU with DC or Marvel for a damn while

Just give me different franchise like with transformers
Frieza really was superior to those monkeys...

Is Death Battle racist?

You know I debated to myself about this, but I wanted to give my reason for why I think Superman is a great character. And for the sake of clarity, I'll put it all in a spoiler tab so if anyone wishes to hear my thoughts then they may open it and see what I say. And it's a little long so be prepared in advance for this, lol.
A couple years in the past, I was admitted twice into an institution for suicidal thoughts and actions. I was just in a very awful place in my mind and, at the time, I thought that I couldn't overcome my darkness and I wanted to end the pain. But while I was in this institution the second time around, my parents bought me the omnibus of the entirety of Final Crisis for me to read while I was getting better even though at the time I wasn't really a comic fan that much. I start to read the entire comic, and something about the story and the themes just....left me in awe, with inspiration, and with the belief that the darkness isn't as overwhelming as I thought it would be, and it also made me see the beauty of Superman as an idea and as a character.

Final Crisis, in my eyes, was a story about the time evil and darkness had nearly triumphed over life. The tale of the world fighting against the very essence of tyranny, the embodiment of evil which sought to strip everyone of their dreams, their wills, their love, and their hopes as a whole in a bid to control and impose such cruelty upon life. And on the other spectrum of things there was a nihilistic vampire god, a corrupted and broken entity that hated and saw life as a sickness to be feasted upon, and thus attempted to drain the multiverse of its blood and plunge creation into an abyss of darkness and nothing where only death reigned supreme. But even in the face of tyranny itself, in the eyes of overwhelming nihilism and evil...stood Superman, the opposite of tyranny and nihilism, a symbol of freedom, compassion, and hope to all. Superman faced against Darkseid with defiance, even when the god was the face of all of existence, and acted as the killing blow to this dying god which tried to take everything with it. And then he stood before Mandrakk when the universe was bleeding, wounded, and on the verge of death as Mandrakk feasted on the servants of God and was ready to bring forth the end, yet Superman once again stood firmly against this monster and heralded an army to help slay this cosmic vampire and using a machine that can grant literal wishes not to wish for something selfish...but to wish for a happy ending for everyone, and allow the light and hope to shine through once again.

So, overall, such a meaningful story that showed a man and others standing defiantly against the darkness and evil for the sake of hope and happiness inspired me a lot in my own darkest time. It taught me that, if the world could overcome such darkness, then I could as well. And Final Crisis taught me that Superman's appeal as a character wasn't his godlike status or ability to seemingly solve every problem, but rather the endless of hope and compassion that he exudes and one which helped me in my darkest hour. That, after such a long essay, is my personal reason as to why I love Superman as a character.

You know I debated to myself about this, but I wanted to give my reason for why I think Superman is a great character. And for the sake of clarity, I'll put it all in a spoiler tab so if anyone wishes to hear my thoughts then they may open it and see what I say. And it's a little long so be prepared in advance for this, lol.
A couple years in the past, I was admitted twice into an institution for suicidal thoughts and actions. I was just in a very awful place in my mind and, at the time, I thought that I couldn't overcome my darkness and I wanted to end the pain. But while I was in this institution the second time around, my parents bought me the omnibus of the entirety of Final Crisis for me to read while I was getting better even though at the time I wasn't really a comic fan that much. I start to read the entire comic, and something about the story and the themes just....left me in awe, with inspiration, and with the belief that the darkness isn't as overwhelming as I thought it would be, and it also made me see the beauty of Superman as an idea and as a character.

Final Crisis, in my eyes, was a story about the time evil and darkness had nearly triumphed over life. The tale of the world fighting against the very essence of tyranny, the embodiment of evil which sought to strip everyone of their dreams, their wills, their love, and their hopes as a whole in a bid to control and impose such cruelty upon life. And on the other spectrum of things there was a nihilistic vampire god, a corrupted and broken entity that hated and saw life as a sickness to be feasted upon, and thus attempted to drain the multiverse of its blood and plunge creation into an abyss of darkness and nothing where only death reigned supreme. But even in the face of tyranny itself, in the eyes of overwhelming nihilism and evil...stood Superman, the opposite of tyranny and nihilism, a symbol of freedom, compassion, and hope to all. Superman faced against Darkseid with defiance, even when the god was the face of all of existence, and acted as the killing blow to this dying god which tried to take everything with it. And then he stood before Mandrakk when the universe was bleeding, wounded, and on the verge of death as Mandrakk feasted on the servants of God and was ready to bring forth the end, yet Superman once again stood firmly against this monster and heralded an army to help slay this cosmic vampire and using a machine that can grant literal wishes not to wish for something selfish...but to wish for a happy ending for everyone, and allow the light and hope to shine through once again.

So, overall, such a meaningful story that showed a man and others standing defiantly against the darkness and evil for the sake of hope and happiness inspired me a lot in my own darkest time. It taught me that, if the world could overcome such darkness, then I could as well. And Final Crisis taught me that Superman's appeal as a character wasn't his godlike status or ability to seemingly solve every problem, but rather the endless of hope and compassion that he exudes and one which helped me in my darkest hour. That, after such a long essay, is my personal reason as to why I love Superman as a character.
Stand proud, you cooked

Stand proud, you cooked
Thanks, I've been told that I'm pretty good at writing. I'd like to one day write a story, short or long, at some point in the future but I don't know if I'd be decent at it so I do it mostly for fun or if the subject interests me.

But yeah I did just write an entire bible's worth of text for one character, I couldn't express my feelings without going into my analyzing mode so I had to churn out something huge to explain why Superman is awesome

VS

Composite Santa VS Composite Dracula

That would be awesome ngl
I really need to finish reworking the Dracula page, the castlevania pages really makes it a nightmare.

The song for Goku vs Superman from what I heard isn't good and it's only around 3 minutes long. I am hoping the fight isn't as short as the other fights but I am not getting enough hope for it.

The song for Goku vs Superman from what I heard isn't good and it's only around 3 minutes long. I am hoping the fight isn't as short as the other fights but I am not getting enough hope for it.
It's nearly 4 minutes long. If the episode doesn't jump in straight to tbe fight, it'll probably be over 4 minutes long. Maybe not 4 and a half minutes, but a respectable length.

Edit: plus pauses as said above

Maybe I'm just triggered cause the entire track's telling me Superman's dominating the whole fight and ends on the cathartic Superman orchestra.
Remember what "Discordant Decipher" taught us:

?thgir ,sniw ohw ediced t'nseod gnos eht wonk od uoY
.reliofnit fo dnik emos er'uoy em llet t'noD
?sdrawkcab trap siht ot gninetsil uoy era yhW

or

“Why are you listening to this part backwards?
Don’t tell me you’re some kind of tinfoiler.
You do know the song doesn’t decide who wins, right?”

Back